• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

IV MDMA (Mostly) – Experienced – Molly Dearest (Mon Amour)

I've been wanting to try ecstasy for the first time for some time now while and hope to very soon.
I also prefer to inject my opiates, coke, benzos and occasionally METHYLPHENIDATE; but I have never used nor injected any meth.

I have some questions:

1. A pill can be crushed, filtered and diluted for injection with acceptable risks (acceptable risk for an iv'r may be different from those who don't normaly inject)?

2. What is used to dissolve the pill?

3. I see 50-75 mg is a good amount for a first time shot, are the pills marked with dosage? If not, how will I determine the desired amount?

4. What is the initial rush duration and long will the effects last?

5. Will it drain me and/or require some rest or recovery like IV coke/crack drains you?

Xorkoth said:
Not washing it means there are impurities. :) And it means you've been getting impure MDMA for the last decade or so.

Pure MDMA is clear/white... any color at all is an impurity. MDMA is MDMA and it's clear/white... it's not possible for it to be any other color.

Sorry, I was a little sparkly at the time. Of course the colouration is a form of impurity, what I was getting at (I think) was that that's the way it's been for a long time in the UK. We do see white/clear crystal sometimes but, subjectively at least, there's no difference in effect. Realistically, nobody gets truly pure MDMA. Well, I'm sure there are a few old hippies with chemistry degrees who look after themselves and others, but in general you just don't see it.

In much of the UK crystal is easier to get hold of than pills. Certainly where I live, I haven't so much as seen an ecstasy pill for the last year or so. The crystal I use is widely available and has been for years throught the country. The quality has remained pretty consistent over that time - 75-85% purity. For street drugs, that's really not so bad. Compare that with the purity of speed, coke, heroin - any other street drug that is widely injected - and it really doesn't seem so bad.

I understand that many people find the idea of shooting MDMA to be repellent. It carries with it all the stigma of the "dirty junky". I find this quite insulting, personally. It is simply another method of administration. I wouldn't use it intravenously in every situation. At parties, for example, the longer action and reduced intensity of the oral or nasal methods would be much more suited. However, in quieter and more personal situations - for me either alone or with a very close friend or two - it is a very rewarding method.

samadhi_smiles said:
I have a suspicion the dosages the OP is talking about are very high for a normal tolerance.

I've been wondering about this as you're not the first to suggest it. I genuinely don't feel I have much of a tolerance as I've never been a heavy user and have never used MDMA for extended periods of time. Very occasionally I will use it for two - or very rarely three - nights running, but mostly it's as I said: one night every couple of months or so. I really don't think of this as being in any way heavy use, and I suspect (know) that many people use far more frequently and heavily than I do.

I think that the seemingly high dose is maybe more down to familiarity than tolerance. As I said, although I've never used MDMA very frequently, I have used it for many years. If I had jumped straight in from the outset shooting 100mg+ I'm fairly sure it would be a much less enjoyable experience. As it is, I suspect that I have simply become accustomed to its effects and this possibly accounts for the seemingly high doses.

I'm really not some moronic little headbanger :D. Hard to believe, perhaps - and I'm sure some would dispute this - but I actually consider myself to be pretty sensible and respectful with my usage. I have tried to make it abundantly clear that it is a risky activity, but - slightly shoddy reasoning I know - it's never done me any harm, as they say. Nor has it harmed anybody that I know that engages in similarly risky behaviour. This is not, of course, to say that it never will in either the short or the long term.

I would still strongly advise people to not inject MDMA unless they are very sure about what they are doing.

PS - I saw that you edited the report, but can't for the life of me see what's changed or cut. Could you please let me know what the problem was so I can get it right on any possible future reports? Thankyou :).

Last edited:
entheogenius said:
Hard to believe, perhaps - and I'm sure some would dispute this - but I actually consider myself to be pretty

8o

You vain bastard. :)

(or, if you want the originally typed Freudian slip, "You vein bastard").

^ Ha-de-ha-ha, Mr. Monday :D. Not quite a proper out loud giggle fit, but I do have a large grin plastered across my chops now and it won't go away :D.

Shockingly, some people do describe me as pretty. Beautiful actually, would you believe. No? Me neither - I tend to be the one who disputes it ;). "Beautiful" is not exactly a manly description is it - very (unrealistically) kind but not very masculine. Then again, I'm not an espescially manly man at the best of times...

Bleedin' selective quoting clever clogs... 8)

*grumbles, mutters under his breath and wonders why he didn't think of such comedic possibilities himself...*

Xorkoth said:
Not washing it means there are impurities. :) And it means you've been getting impure MDMA for the last decade or so.

Pure MDMA is clear/white... any color at all is an impurity. MDMA is MDMA and it's clear/white... it's not possible for it to be any other color.

A bad person (capitalist):! might adulterate this clear/white substance with another clear white substance of similar crystal size tho....TBH it can be a lottery - I've had clear /white which certainly wasn't 100% and I've had light tan which was the equal of proper pure/ white - so it's a kinda guessing game - lest you know your source :\

Jesus, please no one go thinking of IVing 100mg MDMA even with a moderate tolerance. 50 is fucking pushing it even.

^ I would have to, politely, disagree. For obvious reasons :).

I think I made it abundantly clear that it's not something that I recommend people to do. But in reality, people will do what they are going to do. Having a little honest information on the subject from someone with quite considerable experience is not such a bad thing, I feel.

Besides, I doubt that most pill-poppers would enjoy the experience at all really. It's a very different thing indeed. Almost all internal and all but useless in a party situation where most people seem to use mdma. For me iv mdma use is a separate and distinct thing from casual ecstasy use. A different thing entirely and really only of interest to those that inject other substances for reasons other than simply to "get fucked".

Assuming IV requires less of a dose than oral, I think anything near 100mg IV would turn me into a convulsing mess for about 3 hours (with tolerance -and probably no memory of said experience)

Yeah another word of warning (I'm not a moderator or anything so take this fwiw =D)

PLEASE do not start off with this large amount!!! It will almost surely be an overdose for someone with a normal tolerance

entheogenius said:
I think I made it abundantly clear that it's not something that I recommend people to do. But in reality, people will do what they are going to do. Having a little honest information on the subject from someone with quite considerable experience is not such a bad thing, I feel.

Right, which is the basis for the whole philosophy of harm reduction (what Bluelight is centered around, for those who don't know)

^ yes I agree, imo we shouldn't try to suppress people who have stories to tell about wild drug use involving IV, needles, crazy high doses, whatever even dangerous combinations (provided caveats are inserted like he has done here). We should provide them a place so they can share to help somebody (this is a perfect place for entheogenius).

<3

I would just like to thank the chicpoena and samadhi_smiles. Have a bit of <3 <3 <3 right back :D.

I was becoming slightly concerned that some people were missing the point a little. It appears that I haven't lost the plot completely. And in response to the harm reduction, I have received PMs asking for more information on the subject from someone and, after going through the details with them, they decided against trying it. I just provided neutral information and, given the individual's situation, advised against it. I gave my honest opinion and they made their own decision. I think this is harm reduction. You may feel differently.

I did go out of my way to repeat ad nauseum that I wasn't saying others should do as I do and, even if they do choose to do so, should start at doses lower than those I used for the report. I realise that my report is almost delirious in its enthusiasm for the subject, but I could hardly pretend that it's a horrible experience as it's not. At least not for me.

For me, iv mdma is closer to a pychedelic experience than a bit of loved-up energy. Not a truly pychedelic experience obviously, but much more along those lines. It's just, for me at least, a very different experience and, as I often use mdma alone - combined with my long-standing use of needles - it is the method most suited to me.

You (dear reader - whomsoever you are,) are not me and have to make up your own mind about how you wish to treat your body. Please choose wisely and be safe :).

Tranced said:
Assuming IV requires less of a dose than oral, I think anything near 100mg IV would turn me into a convulsing mess for about 3 hours (with tolerance -and probably no memory of said experience)

IV does require less of a dose than oral and, as I said, 100mg would be far too high for a first time - I wouldn't advise anybody to do so. I very much doubt you'd be a convulsing mess, but I also very much doubt you would find it enjoyable at those levels. If you don't inject anyway, iv use is almost definitely not for you.

Very nice report :)

I know you added GHB and benzodiazepines at the end of this experience, but maybe you'd answer this from past experiences :

How frustrating is the comedown with IV MDMA ?

When I take MDMA orally, I'm always a bit frustrated when the effects stop. There is one point in the experience when I clearly feel the first hints of the comedown and this annoy me a little bit. Sure I still feel some effects after that point but this moment make me feel like the past experience was a bit 'fake'.

I'd imagine that this moment is even less gradual with IV and maybe more frustrating than the oral route.

lysergication said:
How frustrating is the comedown with IV MDMA ?

For me at least, I find the comedown to be almost non-existant. It is a shorter experience overall with iv administration - around 3-4 hours before the effects have essentially faded. I do, however, tend to top-up with a little booster shot after 2 or 3 hours if I intend to keep going for a while. Again, this is probably not the wisest of actions but it's what I do.

I find that I get to a point when I've just had enough. Not that I feel rough or anything, just that it feels like the right time to let it fade away and save whatever's left for another day. It's quite strange really but seems to have a natural, built-in, cut-off point, for me at least, and I never have any desire to continue after that point. For me it happens at around eight hours or half a gram - whichever comes first. Until that time I'm generally quite keen to keep going, but after it the desire just goes. I've never experienced any difficulty (of the "fiending" type) with stopping an iv session. It just comes to a natural end.

For me, the afterglow is anything but "fake", but I know where you're coming from. After a little initial tiredness the following day, I tend to be bright as a new shiny brass button and full of the joys of life for a while. I used the GBL more to wring a last cheeky little orgasmic shudder or two out of the remnants of the MDMA buzz and the diazepam just to avoid tossing and turning for a few hours waiting for sleep. Neither is necessary - I'm just a bit greedy sometimes :).

I suspect that if you don't like the coast-down from oral MDMA, you are probably very unlikely to enjoy the iv equivalent. It is, as you surmised, a lot more sudden - hits hard and fast and then leaves quick and gentle.

entheogenius said:
IV does require less of a dose than oral and, as I said, 100mg would be far too high for a first time - I wouldn't advise anybody to do so. I very much doubt you'd be a convulsing mess, but I also very much doubt you would find it enjoyable at those levels. If you don't inject anyway, iv use is almost definitely not for you.

I probably would, my body doesn't react too kindly to MDMA.

I've injected pure MDMA many times intraveinously and i saw other people (experienced and not) doing this repeatedly and for the first times.
So, collective conclusion about proper IV dosage of pure MDMA is about 100 mg for male and 80 for female (first time).

^ As I said in the report, I would tend to agree with those figures being on safe ground as that is the kind of dosage I have always used without difficulties or problems. However, I thought it wiser on a harm reduction site to recommend a lower starting dose as people can react differently to these things - to err on the side of caution, as it were :).

Wow, now that I've read all of this, I know for sure that I have tried IV MDA. I experienced this...except I also had a fucking intense trip that I wouldn't be able to begin to describe at the moment.

BRB