• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate W/D and Options (ultram, seroquel, xanax)

Opiate Withdrawl

It's really too bad they are taking Darvon off the market. It is THE absolute best thing to detox on. Note if you are taking Oxycontin orally, its best to switch to oxy without the time release prior to kicking. My doc says Oxycontin takes about 4 weeks to kick so I never went that route.

Mind you that it is illegal for docs to prescribe narcotics to ppl solely for addiction, so this would be advisable for people like me who are in cronic pain. Just tell the doc you want Darvon for pain (not sure when they are going to discontinue it- huge mistake IMHO, its been around for about 50 years that I can remember!)

Anyways, they used to use Darvon as a detox protocol back in the 70's. Works like a charm with little or no physical withdrawls, but you have to be ready for it as it takes some control...cause the docs who used this protocol are all retired or dead by now. The first thing is no narcotics are allowed, ideally for 3 months while your natural endorphins are restored. Day 1, start with a few darvon, not to exceed 1,400 MG a DAY. Increase 1 pill every hour till the withdrawls cease or are bearable. (Don't be a wuss here, the idea is NOT to get high). This is your maximum dose for a day. Usually the third day is the worst for me, but after that its downhill. Prepare your doses ahead of time so you don;t get carried away, tapering off to ZERO. It usually takes about 5 days, but you MUST stop between day 5 to 7 or you will become addicted to the Darvon. Somehow the darvon takes the place of other opiates, but is non addicting up to about a week. Someone said Tramadol might work like this also but I haven't tried it as I fried my liver with Tylenol reaching my lifetime limitation of it. Yes kids, watch out for these dangerous drugs...the ones with tylenol in them! Anyways Darvon is a magic pill! I'm not sure why it never caught on, the screwed up Docs favoring Adolphomine (named after Hitler) or aka Methadone. It has to be one of the worst drugs ever created.

http://www.doctordeluca.com/Library/DetoxEngage/OBOT_Detox.htm

There is a reason for it being taken off the market.

Who knows, maybe while in withdrawal someone could be more susceptible to the heart arrhythmias?

Cold turkey restores brain function fastest and with the least overall suffering, in my opinion. But most of us have lives and can't afford to take a few days or weeks off to do this.

Tapering is hard. I'm trying to with sub... hate it. I hope that the unpleasantness goes away after a week, so I've heard. Down to 1.5mg, didn't take any yesterday (but mdone the day before). This is from 3mg/day.

I was in the Exact same spot. What I have done is methadone. I'm off the 120, 10mg percocet & 10 100mcg fent a month to 50mg of methadone a day. Hell I can go 2-3 days on that dosage before more is needed. So if you can get it, methadone works great!!!!

Last edited:
I was in the Exact same spot SWIM is in today. What I have done is methadone. I'm off the 120, 10mg percocet & 10 100mcg fent a month to 50mg of methadone a day. Hell I can go 2-3 days on that dosage before more is needed. So if SWIM can get it, methadone works great!!!!

Jesus man, I understand being new and all, but there's no excuse for not reading the thread before you post, at the VERY least. 1)Bluelight is pretty Anti-"SWIM", and you will be berated and hated for using it, as mentioned thoroughly in this very thread 2) Methadone, as well, is mentioned in this thread already, but I must ask: do you really think there is anyone on this website that doesn't know that methadone works well in treating withdrawals?

LYRICA is the absolute best single bullet non opioid remedy for moderate to severe opioid withdrawals. It will completely eliminate all pain, restless leg, and anxiety, though it will not do much for the nausea and vomiting. For that, use phenergan.

Second best OTC treatment is a combination of loperamide, DXM and grapefruit (white) juice. Try about 24mg of lope along with 60mg DXM. Should have you up and around with minimal pain and discomfort unless the withdrawals are truly horrific, in which case, see above.

question

How much Lyrica do you have to take for it to help? I've never tried it b4 but have access to 75mg capsules.

Jesus man, I understand being new and all, but there's no excuse for not reading the thread before you post, at the VERY least. 1)Bluelight is pretty Anti-"SWIM", and you will be berated and hated for using it, as mentioned thoroughly in this very thread 2) Methadone, as well, is mentioned in this thread already, but I must ask: do you really think there is anyone on this website that doesn't know that methadone works well in treating withdrawals?

Come on man. First off when the guy was making a suggestion of methadone, other people have suggested codeine propoxyphene, buprenorphine and ultram which are all opioids that everyone on this site is also aware of yet you didn't ridicule them. With the exception of bupe none of those listed imo produce a noticeable dent in any non-placebo opioid withdrawal so I don't believe the suggestion of methadone was that out of line on top of the fact that it is really the only opioid strong enough to put a dent in withdrawals that someone can go and obtain without lying to a doctor. Although I can't say if it is right in this situation, Methadone does have a stigma around it and receiving the suggestion may have at least caused the op to consider an option he had previously ruled out. Second off, I believe his use of "swim" was a gesture in reference to the original poster. If he used quotes I suppose it would've played better to you but nonetheless the OP referred to someone named swim as the person who needed help and the responder used the same name in reference to this person.

All of these suggestions so far I doubt would make a person with a 500mg a day high purity heroin or 40mg methadone habit able to get out of bed, much less an hydromorph, or oxymorph and fentanyl patch habit although loperamide will help to prevent serious dehydration and bowel discomfort, benzos will help put a dent in the anxiety, clonidine will help with sweats and blood pressure, but getting more than 30 mins of sleep, getting rid of cravings and depression etc, copping heroin on the street, or sub or methadone from a clinic are the only real options to be at all functional.

Hydromorph, oxymorph and fentanyl are the absolute worst drugs to detox from especially since the fentanyl is in patch form it means that blood levels stay constantly high and the half life is substantially extended making the withdrawals much worse and much longer acting. Fentanyl is the most rapidly addicting opioid I've encountered. I've gone through 100mg of uncut illicitly prepared fentanyl citrate in a week and I've never experienced opioid withdrawals so substantial from a one week binge before. Hydromorphone produces the worst unprecipitated withdrawals I've experienced, sharing the extreme cramping, violent nausea and diarrhea and vertigo I only before likened to precipitated withdrawal. I've never experienced oxymorph but imagine is at the very least equally as bad as hydromorphone which is an entirely different league from the most extreme heroin and methadone WD's.

Last edited:
Lyrica is very good for sweating too; you have other choices like Clonidine, but is not viable if you have to work for example.
Tramadol gives lots of sweating when coming off, buy a small box of Lyrica and you'll be fine.

What would be the recommended dose for the lyrica my first day of withdrawal along with my husband never had withdrawal s before I have seroquel, addarall, ritalin, I ran out of my benzos this week all have prescribed to me and baclofens I'm really feel like crude