• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate W/D and Options (ultram, seroquel, xanax)

logie

Bluelighter
SWIM currently is experiencing really bad opiate withdrawal. He is a pretty tolerant patient while being on fentanyl patches, lortabs, and opana for PM.

All of which were used too quickly (2 weeks before refill). This is coming at a terrible time (which has part to do with it - family planning)

He also does has been on xanax for several years (now 3mg a day) which does not really relieve the anxiety, and tapering off it was simply very difficult.. So upping the dose of xanax is negligible and would just put him to sleep. No relief of anxiety. Simply too tolerant to benzos, also.

All he has access to currently is tramadol (he's tried 200mg before, hard to tell if it helped) -- but worried about the seizure threshold.. SWIM has never had seizures, and with the benzos, is thinking of trying that route. Also has access to seroquel 5x 100mg (never taken it -- may help with the insomnia.. but looking for anxiety relief during the day.. sedation would be nice, but he cant fall asleep at his desk.) I know people say no to seroquel for opiate W/D because of Akathisia, but his anxiety is overwhelming..

He is taking loperamide to stop the shits, and needs to get his head up, fast.

I know he will relapse obviously, but what is a good suggestion for him to do?

Yeah.. I've searched.. I feel like I am re-inventing the wheel for him here, but SWIM is a mess.

Thank you!

I know he will relapse obviously, but what is a good suggestion for him to do?

Well, there isn't much you can do. Tramadol should do a little something to help, make sure you stay below 400mg a day.

I'd keep the seroquel for the long nights when you can't get to sleep and you want to spare yourself some suffering.

Even if you are asking this question for someone else... please don't use the acronym "SWIM"

It isn't a super-slick "keep you completely anonymous and safe" buzzword, it just makes you look rather dumb.

With that out of the way, up your loperamide dose. It can help curb the physical withdrawals themselves, not just the shits. If you are an opiate addict, loperamide isn't going to get anything to your crap. People take it during withdrawals because its an opioid that doesn't cross the BBB - it'll help your withdrawal but not get you high.

Tramadol should help keep the W/Ds at bay too, 200mg won't cause seizues. But tramadol is a straight up opiate, you will have to eventually taper off of it (and Loperamide for that matter) if you start using them to hold you.

As for the anxiety, you are probably going to have to suffer thru it since you have been on benzos for so long. That really sucks, but at least you don't have to withdraw from both opiates and benzos! If it makes you feel any better, I have no tolerance to them and benzos don't really help me during withdrawal. They might earn me a few extra hours of sleep during the 48hr-72hr range but thats about it.

Seroquel is a wonder for insomnia and helps with anxiety in the daytime. I think it is a must now along with all the usual stuff.

Clonadine helps some too if you can get that. helps with temperature regulation and some of the sympathetic overdrive of w/d. loperimide helps with the runs. Benzos usually help in the first few days but maybe not in this case.

Some people find Clonadine helps a lot. Bottom line is there is no easy way.

Lyrica helps if you can get some. Needs to be high dose though.

You/they'll live. Just feels like you won't:\ I know it is hard to think ahead when you're like that but in a few days it will be all gone (the physical part that is).

No one wants to help SWIM out anymore, he asks way more questions than anyone on BL. Ever. I mean, do what you want (your prerogative) but IMO you sound like a dumbass. Everyone knows its you, lol.

But anyway, like everyone said already loperamide is a good idea, as is Tramadol. And even though Codeine is an opiate if your on fent patches then I wouldn't have a problem using it during W/D's if you can get your hands on it, I like to use it to help with my cramping, ect during W/D's. Other than that IDK of any options that haven't already been brought up.

Goodluck. Btw, search engine is always your friend... "SWIM" ;)

No one wants to help SWIM out anymore, he asks way more questions than anyone on BL. Ever. I mean, do what you want (your prerogative) but IMO you sound like a dumbass. Everyone knows its you, lol.

I just wish this SWIM guy would make his own BL account and stop getting his friends to make posts for him. =D

And even though Codeine is an opiate if your on fent patches then I wouldn't have a problem using it during W/D's if you can get your hands on it, I like to use it to help with my cramping, ect during W/D's. Other than that IDK of any options that haven't already been brought up.

Lucky us Australians codeine is available a-plenty, I've heard it's good for easing WD's but yeah, you gotta make sure you don't start taking it every day.

lol you guys crack me up :) it really wasn't me -- i've OD'd on a fent/xanax/blow combo before (shouldn't be here) -- i stay away from that shit .. (but I also have an anxiety disorder I fight daily and am always reading about pharmacology, etc. trying to win this battle that i never will)

SWIM scavenged and found hydrocodone for the time being

He's a wimp and afraid of his innernutz, thus remains SWIM. I'll make an anon post for him next time :p

logie said:
lol you guys crack me up :) it really wasn't me -- i've OD'd on a fent/xanax/blow combo before (shouldn't be here) -- i stay away from that shit .. (but I also have an anxiety disorder I fight daily and am always reading about pharmacology, etc. trying to win this battle that i never will)

SWIM scavenged and found hydrocodone for the time being

He's a wimp and afraid of his innernutz, thus remains SWIM. I'll make an anon post for him next time :p

How about you just call "him" my buddy and stop using a term that everyone on this site hates and is stupid in general?

How about you just call "him" my buddy and stop using a term that everyone on this site hates and is stupid in general?

Yeah, at the very least you'll save yourself some grief.

Wow serious props to your friend poster.
Hes going to work while going through these w/ds?
That is beyond me, completely.
I had just begun having w/ds from heroin and I couldn't work.. I showed up.. vomitted.. sweating, etc, and they told me to go home, i was very relieved.

Goddamn this SWIM guy is popular id like to meet him some day. =D

Lopermide, benzos and seroquel will help the withdrawals. Ive used all 3 during withdrawal myself. Seroquel will knock you out if you have no tolerance and will stop your nerves from being so goddamn jumpy when even the benzos won't help. It will also shut your brain up for awile which can be a good thing especially during withdrawal.

As for tramadol i used it once coming off a pretty heavy morphine habit and it did fuck all really. It did help the shivering abit but thats all. Codeine works much better.

Why the fuck are you using the term swim? it's not like you'll get in trouble for any of that shit.

Tramadol can give you far worse withdrawals than the one you are currently experiencing, so I do not reccomend using it more than 3 days in a row. even a weeks use of 50-100mg's can put you to tears and take away some of your will to live.

Seroqeul will just knock you out even with small doses. I would only use it for sleep.

Get some clonodine. I just had some with my most recent WD. This stuff covers up the main thing I hate about opiate withdrawl. I can not beilive I just now figured it out. It will lower your blood pressure and if you really use it, it will put ya to sleep and take away all anxiety. And its not addictive!

Tsukasa said:
Why the fuck are you using the term swim? it's not like you'll get in trouble for any of that shit.

Tramadol can give you far worse withdrawals than the one you are currently experiencing, so I do not reccomend using it more than 3 days in a row. even a weeks use of 50-100mg's can put you to tears and take away some of your will to live.

Seroqeul will just knock you out even with small doses. I would only use it for sleep.

Tramadol withdrawl blows but no way he is going to experince the real bad effects of it unless he does it for like 3 weeks. There are a few aspects to the way tramadol works but the main two are the slight mu agonist properties and the SSRI properties. He may get slightly addicted to the mu properties but for it to mess him up SSRI style, he would have to be addicted fora whille. Use tramadol for a week if you must

I did this long ago with tramadol and had to taper off tramadol. The w/ds from it was worse in my opinion. I would be careful with benzo w/ds as well.

get some suboxone its the best way to get off opiates, it had me clean for 4 months.. wish i still was but i love my damn opiates.

and stop using SWIM its so damn annoyin, we all know you are talkin about yourself!

Hey smokey why are u playin DEA agent ? I mean i dont prefer the dude either but Damn !

Lyrica works well if u can get a hold of it for a decent decent price !

Mr Blonde said:
I'd keep the seroquel for the long nights when you can't get to sleep and you want to spare yourself some suffering.

Im going to have to disagree.

Seroquel makes the RLS of opioid WD 100 times worse. It depletes whatever dopamine is left in you, and depleted dopamine is suspected to be the cause for RLS.

sixpartseven said:
Im going to have to disagree.

Seroquel makes the RLS of opioid WD 100 times worse. It depletes whatever dopamine is left in you, and depleted dopamine is suspected to be the cause for RLS.

Ive always found that a benzo will prevent the RLS caused by withdrawals and seroquel. Im prescribed seroquel, clonazepam and lyrica and i get no RLS even during bad withdrawals. Im supposed to take 300mg's of seroquel a day but i don't always take it :\ .

paranoid android said:
Goddamn this SWIM guy is popular id like to meet him some day. =D .

I'd like to beat the person who came up with SWIM. It's typical fucking tweeker thinking... like its a loophole for getting out of trouble... much like the urban drug myth the undercover cops can't bust you for buying/selling drugs cos it's entrapment. Urgghh. We've all heard it before though, heh.