• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Is Carisoprodol (aka Somas) physically additive?

LiLCaNdYCaNe

Bluelighter
Topic says it all, is carisoprodol physically addtive? I did a sereach on erowid and found nothing.

I've gone through 100+ 350mg tablets in a week or two with little or no withdrawal. It kind of sucked for a day or two after, mostly because i was taking them at work so those couple of days went SLOW.
I do notice that my short term memory and attention span go straight to hell for a while after a binge. I'm probably taking too many though. :)

A year or two ago I used to take those the oxycodiene, definitely a good time. Although I developed a slight addiction to oxycodine <however the fuck it’s spelt> (100-150 milligrams to get off) I never developed an addiction to the Soma or experienced withdrawl symptoms.

Carisoprodol is nothing like oxycodone.
I'd like to find this one out myself. Anyone have any verified information on this subject?

The magic of the web tells us. From rxlist:
In dogs, no withdrawal symptoms occurred after abrupt cessation of carisoprodol from dosages as high as 1 g/kg/day. In a study in man, abrupt cessation of 100 mg/kg/day (about five times the recommended daily adult dosage) was followed in some subjects by mild withdrawal symptoms such as abdominal cramps, insomnia, chilliness, headache, and nausea. Delirium and convulsions did not occur. In clinical use, psychological dependence and abuse have been rare, and there have been no reports of significant abstinence signs. Nevertheless, the drug should be used with caution in addiction-prone individuals.