IL, Murphysboro - 08.15-17.08 Camping Weekend - UnderGround Sound 4 *REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.. this line up is IMPRESSIVE! I gotta attend this one, Hallucinogen AND Shpongle?! Yeah, Ill be there.

meet-ups are a bit rough at this place due to no cell coverage and general lack of time due to the fesitivities. we should be able to work something out beforehand though ;)

has anyone else booked hotel rooms around the venue? We are looking to get out of the heat and into a pool since we can never manage to find the illusive waterfall hidden in the shrubbery.

EternalX said:
meet-ups are a bit rough at this place due to no cell coverage and general lack of time due to the fesitivities. we should be able to work something out beforehand though ;)

has anyone else booked hotel rooms around the venue? We are looking to get out of the heat and into a pool since we can never manage to find the illusive waterfall hidden in the shrubbery.
There isn't really that much going on during the day though. At least last year....
but no, no hotel for me. I'll be roughing it :)

Can anyone who has been to the venue before tell me how much shade there is to camp in?

5-HT2 said:
Can anyone who has been to the venue before tell me how much shade there is to camp in?

There's trees everywhere that provide some shade but it's fuck'n hotter than shit. Get a room for the daytime would be my advice.

Just remember, if you are getting a hotel, they are charging $10 to park this year(you have to pay each time you park, per the flyer). May want to avoid going back and forth any more than you have to because of that.

I was gonna try and go this year, but I've got family commitments that weekend. Oh well, I guess since theres no real house headliners, I'm not all that disappointed. Maybe next year...

how is the camping situation set-up....do you camp next to your car or park and walk to the campsites?

splitSol said:
how is the camping situation set-up....do you camp next to your car or park and walk to the campsites?
park and walk. only really big downside on the camping situation there.

PAMAD said:

Even though you have to park and walk, there are usually a few people there with trucks helping the campers drive their camping gear from the front to a nice spot. They usually appreciate it if you throw them a little something for their trouble.

5-HT2 said:
agreed with enstien. There are trees galore but you'll still be basting in your own ball-sweat for sure ;)

There are trees galore but you'll still be basting in your own ball-sweat for sure

best camping thing i ever bought was a tent fan. makes a big difference when you're trying to sleep in a hot tent.

im having some issues with paypal, there shouldn't be any probelms buying at the gate right? the capacity of this place is like 2000 peeps right?

this will be my first camping party in a couple years, i cant wait to see this venue!

^shouldn't be a problem as long as you dont mind paying the full $60.

haha, a tent fan huh? sounds fancy ;)
I'm not even bringing a tent to begin with

Gander Mountain has portable hammocks for $50.00. Comes in handy for me during camping events.

PAMAD said:

really big downside?

I can't imagine the clusterfuck that would result in trying to let all of those vehicles inside the camping area.

Status
Not open for further replies.