• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
Myers-Briggs - which are you?

hello
are you familiar with the Myers-Briggs personality typology? i've found it to be an interesting self-learning tool and it seems - to me - to be pretty accurate.
a description of the 16 types can be found here:
http://www.typelogic.com/
and you can take the test here:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm
what type are you? after reading the description of your type, how accurate do you think the analysis is?
namaste
alasdair (i'm an ESTJ)

I discovered that test a couple years ago, and at the time I blew my mind how accurate it was! I'm an INFP, hardcore idealist type, or as I've heard INFP stand for before, "I Never Find Perfection." Yup, that pretty much sums it up...

I am an INTJ.
I am very close to center on all of the areas except for perceiving/judging. I think I was 100% judging. lol! :)
[ 08 December 2002: Message edited by: ~*Meg*~ ]

ESTJ...but I was quite close to being ENTJ, which I thought was more fitting, b/c the description said "an ENTJ is not one to be trifled with" :D
btw I took the M-B test in high school and I was borderline close on all the 4 functions, my psychology teacher said she had never seen such a balanced person! LoL!
[ 08 December 2002: Message edited by: partydiva ]

I'm an ENTP
'ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.
In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest'
Yes. That sounds about right :D
[ 08 December 2002: Message edited by: DazedAndConfused ]

Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
Strength of the preferences %
67 33 33 67
You are:
distinctively expressed extrovert
moderately expressed intuitive personality
moderately expressed feeling personality
distinctively expressed perceiving personality

My type is INFP
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
78 33 33 11
very expressed introvert
slightly expressed perceiving personality
Famous INFPs:
Homer
Virgil
Mary, mother of Jesus
St. John, the beloved disciple
St. Luke; physician, disciple, author
William Shakespeare, bard of Avon
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (Evangeline)
A. A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
Laura Ingalls Wilder (Little House on the Prairie)
Helen Keller, deaf and blind author
Carl Rogers, reflective psychologist, counselor
Fred Rogers (Mister Rogers' Neighborhood)
Dick Clark (American Bandstand)
Donna Reed, actress (It's a Wonderful Life)
Jacqueline Kennedy Onasis
Neil Diamond, vocalist
Tom Brokaw, news anchor
James Herriot (All Creatures Great and Small)
Annie Dillard (Pilgrim at Tinker Creek)
James Taylor, vocalist
Julia Roberts, actress (Conspiracy Theory, Pretty Woman) Scott Bakula (Quantum Leap)
Terri Gross (PBS's "Fresh Air")
Amy Tan (author of The Joy-Luck Club, The Kitchen God's Wife)
John F. Kennedy, Jr.
Lisa Kudrow ("Phoebe" of Friends)
Fred Savage ("The Wonder Years")
Fictional INFPs:
Anne (Anne of Green Gables))
Calvin (Calvin and Hobbes)
Deanna Troi (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Wesley Crusher (Star Trek - The Next Generation)
Doctor Julian Bashir (Star Trek: Deep Space 9)
Bastian (The Neverending Story)
E.T.: the ExtraTerrestrial
Doug Funny, Doug cartoons
Tommy, Rug Rats cartoons
Rocko, Rocko's Modern Life cartoons
"Healer Idealists are abstract in thought and speech, cooperative in striving for their ends, and informative and introverted in their interpersonal relations. Healer present a seemingly tranquil, and noticiably pleasant face to the world, and though to all appearances they might seem reserved, and even shy, on the inside they are anything but reserved, having a capacity for caring not always found in other types. They care deeply-indeed, passionately-about a few special persons or a favorite cause, and their fervent aim is to bring peace and integrity to their loved ones and the world."
"Healers have a profound sense of idealism derived from a strong personal morality, and they conceive of the world as an ethical, honorable place. Indeed, to understand Healers, we must understand their idealism as almost boundless and selfless, inspiring them to make extraordinary sacrifices for someone or something they believe in. The Healer is the Prince or Princess of fairytale, the King's Champion or Defender of the Faith, like Sir Galahad or Joan of Arc. Healers are found in only 1 percent of the general population, although, at times, their idealism leaves them feeling even more isolated from the rest of humanity."
Damn, this sounds a lot like me. I was quite amazed by the accuracy. I always thought I felt like a healer and always wanted to be but never knew there was such a thing as a healers personality. It's sounds fun to be a Joan of Arc but really no one has it easy whatever personality they have. Go Deanna Troi!
"...Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand..." (the Skin Horse)
[ 08 December 2002: Message edited by: jaymie ]

ENFP-Idealist
22 56 33 67
slightly expressed extrovert
distinctively expressed perceiving personality
http://keirsey.com/personality/nfep.html
http://typelogic.com/enfp.html
"ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to the more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality. They are outgoing, fun, and genuinely like people. As SOs/mates they are warm, affectionate (lots of PDA), and disconcertingly spontaneous." <--haha
"ENFPs hate bureaucracy, both in principle and in practice; they will always make a point of launching one of their crusades against some aspect of it." <-- So true it's ridiculous.
"They also tend to be procrastinators, both about meeting hard deadlines and about performing any small, uninteresting tasks that they've been assigned. ENFPs like to tell funny stories, especially about their friends. This penchant may be why many are attracted to journalism."
"ENFPs have what some call a "silly switch." They can be intellectual, serious, all business for a while, but whenever they get the chance, they flip that switch and become CAPTAIN WILDCHILD, the scourge of the swimming pool, ticklers par excellence. Som etimes they may even appear intoxicated when the "switch" is flipped."
Whoa... far out! ;)

hehe, Im a INTJ Yup that pretty much sums it up for me. And I thought this test would be bullshit.

INFJ
"Their amazing ability to deduce the inner workings of the mind, will and emotions of others gives INFJs their reputation as prophets and seers. Unlike the confining, routinizing nature of introverted sensing, introverted intuition frees this type to act insightfully and spontaneously as unique solutions arise on an event by event basis. "
"confidants are chosen with care, for INFJs are well aware of the treachery that can reside in the hearts of mortals."
"Perhaps it is when the INFJ's thinking function is operative that he is most aloof. A comrade might surmise that such detachment signals a disillusionment, that she has also been found lacking by the sardonic eye of this one who plumbs the depths of the human spirit. Experience suggests that such distancing is merely an indication that the seer is hard at work and focusing energy into this less efficient tertiary function. "
I hate it when things like this are right on. It's creepy. :)

INTP
INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them.
INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to most anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves.
A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition.
INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.
Famous INTPs:
Socrates
Rene Descartes
Blaise Pascal
Sir Isaac Newton
C. G. Jung, (Freudian defector, author of Psychological Types, etc.)
Albert Einstein
Brent Spiner (Commander Data, Star Trek -- The Next Generation)

I'm an ENTP. My employers "invited" me to take the MB test as a "purely voluntary" component of my "professional development programme".
'ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.
In terms of their relationships with others, ENTPs are capable of bonding very closely and, initially, suddenly, with their loved ones. Some appear to be deceptively offhand with their nearest and dearest'
Same traits as an Aquarius with a Virgo moon. What a coincidence...

ISTP (Crafter/Artisan), yet again.
"Like their fellow SPs, ISTPs are fundamentally Performers (note the capital 'P' :)), but as Ts their areas of interest tend to be mechanical rather than artistic like those of ISFPs, and unlike most ESPs they do not present an impression of constant activity. On the contrary, they lie dormant, saving their energy until a project or an adventure worthy of their time comes along--and then they launch themselves at it. The apparently frenzied state that inevitably ensues is actually much more controlled than it appears--ISTPs always seem to know what they're doing when it comes to physical or mechanical obstacles--but the whole chain of events presents a confusing and paradoxical picture to an outsider.
ISTPs are equally difficult to understand in their need for personal space, which in turn has an impact on their relationships with others. They need to be able to "spread out"--both physically and psychologically--which generally implies encroaching to some degree on others, especially if they decide that something of someone else's is going to become their next project. (They are generally quite comfortable, however, with being treated the same way they treat others--at least in this respect.) But because they need such a lot of flexibility to be as spontaneous as they feel they must be, they tend to become as inflexible as the most rigid J when someone seems to be threatening their lifestyle (although they usually respond with a classic SP rage which is yet another vivid contrast to their "dormant," impassive, detached mode). These territorial considerations are usually critical in relationships with ISTPs; communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless.
Like most SPs, ISTPs may have trouble with rote and abstract classroom learning, which tend not to be good measures of their actual intelligence. They tend, sometimes with good reason, to be highly skeptical of its practical value, and often gravitate towards classes in industrial arts; part-time vocational/ technical programs can be useful to even the college-bound ISTP. In terms of careers, mechanics and any of the skilled trades are traditional choices, and those ISTPs with strong numerical as well mechanical gifts tend to do extremely well in most areas of engineering. Working as paramedics or firefighters can fulfill the ISTP need to live on the edge; they are at their best in a crisis, where their natural disregard for rules and authority structures allows them to focus on and tackle the emergency at hand in the most effective way.
ISTPs with more sedate careers usually take on high-risk avocations like racing, skydiving, and motorcycling. While aware of the dangers involved, they are so in touch with the physical world that they know they can get away with much smaller safety margins than other types."
I'm sorry, but I think this is bollocks. I have the derring-do of a lamp post, and I'm not big on working with my hands (if you don't count building the occasional model). Yet, I answered truthfully on all questions. What a load...