• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

What is your Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)?

Edvard Munch said:
I am ENTP

The ENTP, like the ENTJ, is charismatic, outgoing, and intelligent. ENTPs are often quickwitted, clever, and genial...
i no longer have any faith in the mbti...

:)

alasdair

A complication:

For those who are familiar with the intricacies of the Meyer's-Briggs....the 16 types actually refer to sets of preferences among 8 types of ways of thinking, and each of the MBTI personality types corresponds to a single prioritized list of the top 4 preferred ways of thinking for that type. This is the "real" meaning of the Meyers-Briggs, not 4 unrelated dimensions.

But what if we assume instead that each item in the preference list is orthogonal from another? That is, people could have any possible set of preferences for ways of thinking regardless of the 16 types. Then there would be 8!/4! "types" of personalities if we look exclusively at the top 4 functions. An unmanageable number to be sure.

related test:
http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/survey.html

My results further elaborate how I'm a INTP/INTJ blend.

ebola

ENFJ

*Very expressed extravert
*Distinctively expressed intuitive personality
*Moderately expressed feeling personality (depending on the day, I can test, and have before, as a thinking personality)
*Distinctively expressed judging personality[/LIST]

ENFJ

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

ppl who know me, would you say i fit into that personality type? i think it fits me quite well but i'm going to agree with ali and say that my perception of myself is probably completely different than how others perceive me (hence my asking).

"ENFJs have a strong need for close, intimate relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort in creating and maintaining these relationships. They're very loyal and trustworthy once involved in a relationship."

this part is especially true.

i just spent the last 1/2 hour doing the damn test just to press reset before reading what i am. :p :X

Taking the cognitive functions test:

My top functions (in order) are:

Introverted thinking
Extroverted intuition.

In line with the INTP.

but then:

extroverted thinking, an INTJ skill.

and then:

introverted sensing, again normal for an INTP.

So I can see how I exhibit as both an INTP and INTJ.

More on this later.

Extraverted (E) 71% Introverted (I) 29%
Sensing (S) 64% Intuitive (N) 36%
Thinking (T) 75% Feeling (F) 25%
Judging (J) 64% Perceiving (P) 36%

I would enjoy a mod making this into a poll.
I'd like to compare the distribution of types in this forum vs. P and S.

I test as an ESTJ like ali and PI :)

There is an application on Facebook called MyType, where you can take the test and compare with your friends' results and see your compatibility. You can also take a simplified version of the test about your perception of a friend and it will compare that result with theirs.

I've taken this test a couple of times.

The first that I took it I scored as an INTP.

Then....copied from the other thread in Philosophy and Spirituality:

I took this again, for fun.

My newest results:

ENFP

Extraverted ~ 1

Intuitive ~ 25

Feeling ~ 50

Perceiving ~ 33

I thought about how I currently have been feeling/dealing with the world when answering the same questions.

I answered it previously from a more lifelong perspective.

:)

So I tested as an INTJ (44-75-50-22), which seems about right. I value autonomy and my own opinion, and I have "little patience and less understanding of such things as small talk". Yep.

I probably have a little of the INTP's "haunting sense of impending failure" too.

I realize this changes over time...I'll have to check what my last test results indicated.

Until I find those....what type are you?

LzBtCdP.jpg

Not sure what to make of it tbh.
Guess it is close? Like the horoscope?
IDK

infp Introvert(9%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(34%) Perceiving(38%)

• You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (9%)
  • You have distinct preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
  • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (34%)
  • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (38%)

INFP​

Introvert(53% ) iNtuitive(28% ) Feeling(3% ) Perceiving(16% )

when sober.