• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

WTF??!! Strange w\d symptom? Detox opiates

DudeImnotDAVE

Bluelighter
So I'm detoxing and wake up this morning with the usual symptoms, but I also have a strange one I never had before.

At the base of my neck, I feel like I have bees stinging me. It hurts, but its irratating as hell! I've never done this.... I can't treat it, cause I don't know what the fuck it is. Its making my shoulder and head ache too.

Ech.

Any weird symptoms youve ever had you didnt expect? Anyone got any idea what could ease this? I have a therma patch on it and tried ice earlier.

dont think this is really OD material dude. I dont know if that has anything to do with you wd's though, probably just have a knot in your neck.

don't do opiates, for those who dont know opiates make you REALLY sick when you stop............please don't do them.....
i agree w/ the above replies, prolly just a knot in your neck.....i'm on opiates for life, (i got shot in the dome and lived, but before i used to shoot dope)..im on [Edit: (opiates) -sonic] and BARELY FEEL them.........
dont be like me........please

Last edited by a moderator:
^that's quite a persuasive argument..

i've personally never heard of the symptom you described, but as mentioned, it is probably just a knot in your neck muscles. opiate withdrawal causes cramps, aches and pain especially in your muscles. there is really not anything we can do here to solve your problem.

p.s. is your name Dave? :p

pinpoint said:
^. there is really not anything we can do here to solve your problem.
i disagree...lay out in the sun and drink A GRRRRRRIP OF WATER....or call the dopeman :\

greenlittlepill said:
i disagree...lay out in the sun and drink A GRRRRRRIP OF WATER....or call the dopeman :\
^ Dude why the hell are u telling someone that is going through withdrawals to call the man? Great harm reduction.

He's got a lot of posts for only being here for...Less than a month...Sorry, off topic.

^ I noticed that, but he needs to quit making so many posts if they are going to just be like that. Or perhaps read more than post. Because that is so fucked up to even mention a dealer when someone is going through withdrawals. Getting high is the only thing on her mind and more than likely it is only a phone call away.

dude, i'm all for helping a fellow man get thru w/ drawls....i was joking sorry....bad time, but seriously, you can do it, only 49 and some odd hours away youll feel great...dude, time goes slow when your kickin, i know, but hang in there.....i got your back if you need help, ive been there 1,000,000 times...<-----no exaggeration

greenlittlepill said:
its called sarcasm..
You know it's very hard to tell sarcasm over the internet and in this case, I am sure that is not appreciated at all.

what about some yoga stretching or just moving around anything that will get some blood flowing through your body. Drink plenty of fluids and take in some electrolytes (eat a banana!).

The smiley face/frowny could indicate sarcasm / the harsh reality?

Well when someone tells me to do something than puts a frowny face after it I assume they dont actually want me to do it.

Give the guy a break.

On the otherhand were all set on postwhores.

Damnit ..am starting detox tomorrow and hell yeah wiggi is right ..it ain't right even if ur joking dudes ..I myself am planning on ditching internet for a couple of dayz, i know if I even dare to log in around here or my messenger, I'll prolly catch some dude and I'll wanna score ..and hey the dudes are right, its prolly just a cramp or smthg in ur neck ..am sure its probably gone by now ..but hey u never know when it comes to w/d cuz everyone has a different symptom than the other ..its been always like that ..
the worse for me is some people I know who end up sleeping for 5-6 dayz nonstop through the whole detox, i myself cant sleep for a minute, but my seroquel is there to help hopefully ..cheers guys ..keep it up.

Smoky, I assume you are talking to me.

:\ that is not a frown. It is a wry grin.

:( this is a frown.

Knowing the difference could save your life.