• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How many days are you able to stay sober?

Aeon Psyche

Bluelighter
It's getting worse and worse for me. Staying sober for two whole days is the longest I can remember for quite a while now. How long are you all able to stay clean?

In the last few years, haven't managed more than a month at a time.

being on bupe patches, ive got it running through me 24/7, but i'm not high.

i was getting high on valium for quite a long time until recently, and i still like to enjoy weed weekly

No more than two days here, too. But I'm going cold turkey this evening, so we'll see.

I haven't been sober in over a year. Smoking weed everyday, benzos and alcohol a shit ton, opiates when I can get ones that aren't shitty and expensive. I don't know what my problem is, I just use a lot of different drugs, and fairly often. It's only really had horrible effects once, and that was when I did alcohol + cocaine + weed + nitrous + ketamine one night. Ended with me slowly losing consciousness on a floor, unable to move and thinking I was dying. Woke up 5 hours later feeling like shit, won't do that again. The only thing i really have a problem with is weed though, I smoke way too much, the amount is incalculable. I'll just keep telling myself it'll get better and I'll stop before I accidentally kill myself, just haven't gotten to the point that I can quit. The only thing i really worry about is getting cancer from long term cannabis smoking, and thats mostly because my throat feels like shit from smoking too much. Strangely though, I don't feel like i have that much of a problem with anything else, although I do crave coke like a mofo if I think about it too much...

Well, this is fourth day and I think I will get baked tomorrow. Really, I can be sober as long as I want. On workdays I will never get high, unless it's something new and want to try it as soon as possible.

Well, I have really hard job, so I like to joy my free time as much as possible. :)

Knot Here said:
The only thing i really worry about is getting cancer from long term cannabis smoking, and thats mostly because my throat feels like shit from smoking too much.

The worst thing that can come from smoking cannabis is COPD, you can't get cancer from cannabis m8.

*looks around*

Can we narrow this down to "hours" for me?
A day is such a long time...

Ne0 said:
The worst thing that can come from smoking cannabis is COPD, you can't get cancer from cannabis m8.
Of course you can't. Of course breathing in smoke that contains tar can't possibly harm you.

As long as i need to, i had a 3 week break just to prove to myself i could :)

Lifes funner not sober though..

A while usually as long as I want or need too. Keep in mind I'm on Suboxone.

I can stay sober long as needed if I have to, but this is not often, can't resist some form of ibebriation if at all possible. Weed is the biggest culprit, not gone more than a week without in 2 1/2 years.

AuraithX said:
Cannabis itself doesn't. Any hot smoke you inhale causes cancer.

"The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer."

The very first line of the first study I posted.

Not just THC, not just cannabis through vaporization, tinctures or edibles, but smoked marijuana.

Normally I stay sober 4-5 days at a time. I did leave the country and go on a long vacation and was sober 3 weeks. This crack shit is getting too expensive plus half the time I end up buying bad shit (see my last post in Drug Basics) so maybe being sober for months would be a fantastic idea!

I've only been able to go 4 days in a row without any drugs. Did that a few times though. that's how it's been for three years, before that it was 2 1/2 months, but that's because I was on probation.