• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Akathasia? Using soma for opiate withdrawal

No, doesn't work. I have 350mg Soma 3x a day and 30mg Oxycodone IR 4x a day.
Doesn't work. Combine it with 10mg dextromemorphan that you can buy legally from Buy.com for $8, which is a LEGAL Opiate analgesic.

Then you'd be good man.

I'm very curious about this too. I have a bunch of it around for potentiating purposes -- but never really considered it for a kick. The unpredictable nature of it when taken on it's own makes me shy away, RLS plus the Soma shuffle would not be pleasant.

No, doesn't work. I have 350mg Soma 3x a day and 30mg Oxycodone IR 4x a day.
Doesn't work. Combine it with 10mg dextromemorphan that you can buy legally from Buy.com for $8, which is a LEGAL Opiate analgesic.

Then you'd be good man.

Technically, it is not an opiate, opioid, and does not metabolize into any such drug.

The best thing I've found to counteract akathesia is 50mg of benedryl (diphenhydramine)...seriously. Works.

I have went through withdrawal from opiates so many times I can't even count anymore, and I find it only really helps me with the RLS/general akathasia when in doses lower than or equal to 525mg. More than that, and it does, for me anyway, increase akathasia symptoms dramatically. I once took 1.5grams, on a sad desperate night, deeply clenched in the jowls of withdrawal, and after it kicked in, I was about a hair away from suicide. It made me feel so much worse, that I really won't take more than around 175mg anymore.

But really we're all different, so we'll all experience slightly (and sometimes dramatically) different effects.

Just to clarify, you're talking about 10-12 per day? Not all at once? Right now, I'm around 12/day....

Ok, I thought I would mention one thing that is extremely important in evaluating the subjective effects people on this thread seem to be ascribing to soma in their personal accounts of their use of it - this is one that I have seen no talk of. Soma's main metabolite in the liver is meprobamate (the old and very potent sedative known as Miltown, now replaced in modern medecine mostly by benzodiazepines and z-drugs (zolpidem, zolicone, etc; much as have barbs). Soma actually started as a modification of meprobamate but it wasn't realized until some time later exactly how much meprobamate soma is actually metabolized into. Carisoprodol's effect can also vary based on the patient's exposure to CYP2C19 inhibitors which include prescription drugs but certain herbal supplements and also more normal foods especially juices than one would think. Intake of this results in increased exposure of carisoprodol and decreased exposure of meprobamate. ALSO, exposure of carisoprodol is higher in female than in male subjects. AND, whoever it was saying their Soma tolerance is so high, this is likely because it is only designed for short term exposures at a time (such as 2-4 weeks). A list (non-comprehensive) of drugs Carisoprodol has serious chemical reactions with (when taken together): diphemhydramime, alprazolam (xanax), diazepam (valium), zolpidem (ambien - this is a very damgerous combination - please do not take), and of course meprobamate. It also reacts with all opiates as many have noted, but SPECIFICALLY strongly with those of the codine, codone (Oxy, Hydro), etc class; also any opiate that begins with the raw material from the poppy Thebaine (paramorphine - aka codeine methyl enol ether). Just wanted to add this - some may be repetitive, and if so, I truly am sorry.

I know that this is an old thread but i can tell anyone from personal experience that Carisoprodol "Soma" will help with opiate withdrawal a great deal. Granted it must be the Soma compound with out the codeine. Also i have never experienced any type of withdrawal from taking Soma with out codeine. I have been prescribed Carisoprodol "Soma" with out codeine for years now and never have experienced any WD's what so ever and when i was going through opiate WD's this form of Soma has helped a great deal.