• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin, Missed Shots, & Heat

unsui

Bluelighter
i know that when you miss a shot of heroin, you are supposed to apply heat to it in order to avoid any abcesses or etc.

but does one still apply heat to the injection site (or around it) to help out the missed shot, after 12-24 hours of missing? would it make any difference in healing it?

NO! I thought apply heat also, but apply cold like an ice pack. Much better results. After three days all heat was doing was making it spread, cold did alot better job at relieving and shrinking the inflamataion. Put an ice pack on that shit.

an ice pack? i have always used heat in the past as i heard it makes the heroin absorb into the muscle maybe? i'm not sure. but i have read many times on this board to apply heat. i guess i will give the cold a shot.

but if heat does work, is it any effeicient at applying heat 12-14 hours after?

yes run it under some hot water or put a heat compress on it...this will help dissolve it and get it dispersed into your bloodstream. I did this iwht a partialy missed shot (dilaudid) and it worked great!

I think if its sticking around awhile alternating heat and cold could be really efficient (reduce the inflammation with cold then heat it to disperse the drug).

so both will work? and it will be effective even after 12-24 hours?

Heat. effective any time. The sooner the better, of course. I sometimes even do it when I don't miss to make sure it doesn't leave a mark.
But first, try not to miss shots (practice technique) so you never need to do that.

you use heat for missed shots. You should put heat on it for as long as it takes to go away. If it doesnt go away, then...

do NOT use heat for abscesses. If it turns into an abscess, go to the ER and get it drained.

do youguys massage the injection spot/shake your arm after injecting?

Also I find breathing in very deeply in and out perhaps like 6 times after injecting makes the rush a lot better (it also makes the DMT peak after smoking more intense). I think its because it temporarily increases circulation and gets all the drug to your brain even quicker. Its all about peak plasma levels, why IV is such a good route for opiates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it alone for a while. See if you get an effect from the previous shot/s. Give it a half an hour+

does that make any sense

sixpartseven said:
do NOT use heat for abscesses.

Heat was making it spread up my leg, cold shrunk it down to a small area.............antibootics are good too, but you have to do a full course.

did you know you had an infection before using antibiotics or did you just suspect?

samadhi_smiles said:
did you know you had an infection before using antibiotics or did you just suspect?

I wasnt sure, but it was getting worse so it couldnt hurt. I did a whole 10day regiment though.

Never use an antibiotic without it being prescribed by a doctor. Not all antibiotics work the same way, and as you said, you need to use a full course which can vary from 5 - 30 days.

Suggesting otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible.

definately apply heay like everyones saying.

i distinctly remember running my arm under hot water after missing a partial meth shot and got a rush from it absorbing. it very well may have been placebo but all swelling and redness disappeared

Everybody here is saying heat, and that is good for a missed shot. But, when its gone beyond a missed shot and its spreding, cold is what shrinks the inflamation..............but yes when in doubt go to the Dr.

^ I dont think anyones really said any different. I may be wrong, but it looks like we are all in agreement that once its gone beyond a missed shot, that cold is the way to go.

this thread should be in the best of bluelight. everyones agreed on something without any shit fight

I know, its amazing. Im jumping between this thread and another at the moment, and its like 2 totally different planets. One is like a train wreck and this one is like a peaceful meadow with butterflies and dandelions.

If only you could see the post hidden above you lol

The train wreck almost spilled over.