• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which is the best sleep medication Xanax,Ambien or Seroquel?

ffazil2002

Bluelighter
I dont have sleeping problem but on saturday and sunday I have work from 6:00AM to 8:00PM. The problem is I share room with another person who throws wild parties on friday-saturday night, so I cant sleep at all and next day at work I feel very sleepy. Even if I was sleeping they call me up and dont want me to sleep but unfortunately I dont have time for that.
I tried regular sleeping pills and cold medicines over the counter but if I use them I feel sleepy but cant sleep due to loud noise and party.

So I am looking for something which is very strong sedative and should knock me off no matter how much sound or even if they want me to wake me up. I know Xanax,Ambien, Seroquel etc will work if I take larger dose. Which one will be safer drug(in terms of buying and using)?

Should I mix Xanax and Seroquel? How much?

Mirtazapine (Remeron/Zispin) and zolpidem (Ambien/Stilnoct) is the ideal combo - zolpidem will knock you out, while mirtazapine will work for the middle/late stages of sleep. Seroquel is an atypical anti-psychotic and while it's good for insomnia the side-effects (some can be permanent) make it a bad choice for a sleep med. - if you already need to take an anti-psychotic then it may be a good choice over the others because of its sedative effect. Xanax isn't really a good choice for insomnia there are better benzos. and non-benzos.

I have Ambien. Do you think Ambien will be enough to put me sleep like dead in first 3-4 hours? After 12:00-1:00AM they take drug or sleep so wouldnt bother much. I also have Xanax. Can I mix Xanax with Ambien?

Ive never taking xanax but Ambien is much better that seroquel. I used to be groggy all day from the seroquel but ambien is like a gift from the gods.

I don't have experience with Seroquel or Ambien but Xanax knocks my shit out.

Ambien seems to have more problems with sleep walking than xanax does. These really hypnotic benzos and non-benzos (the a1-preferring or selective drugs) tend to have this as a side effect.

You can see how this would be an issue if you're trying to sleep and suddenly decide you want to party.

"sleep walking" is a bad term for it though- you're awake and aware of what you're doing, but your judgement is so incredibly off. You also forget it all because of the amnesic effects, making people think you were sleeping. You aren't.

xanax will knock you out as long as you don't develop a tolerance.... seroquel will knock you out and no problems of addiction... but maybe feeling a bit groggy in the morning, and i have found zolpidem not very strong at all...

But if you do go for a benzo why not ask for a hypnotic (loprazolam, nitrazepam, temazepam....) these are the best benzo's for sleep...

but i'd still recommend the seroquel for addiction problems, if you can use you're benzos just when needed, fine, otherwise you're in for a tough ride with benzo addiction...

good luck and sleep tight

Xanax - 2mg = sleepy time for me....the perfect drug

ambien doesn't do shit for sleep, just makes me feel really weird

seroquel = disgusting...makes me feel HORRIBLE and doesn't do shit for sleep

If the problem is only falling asleep then try zolpidem.
If you wake up during the night zopiclone might be the drug of choice.

Rather take z-benzos than loraz or alpraz as they are less addicting. And of course check for contraindications.

phatass said:
xanax will knock you out as long as you don't develop a tolerance.... seroquel will knock you out and no problems of addiction... but maybe feeling a bit groggy in the morning, and i have found zolpidem not very strong at all...

But if you do go for a benzo why not ask for a hypnotic (loprazolam, nitrazepam, temazepam....) these are the best benzo's for sleep...

but i'd still recommend the seroquel for addiction problems, if you can use you're benzos just when needed, fine, otherwise you're in for a tough ride with benzo addiction...

good luck and sleep tight

As we all know different people found different drug better for them. How about triazolam and midazolam? I heard Midazolam is one the strongest benzo in terms of effect.
My list for best sleeping drugs are Ambien, Xanax, Loprazolam, Triazolam, Midazolam, Seroquel.

seroquel is evil

xanax is awesome....do not use for more than 2 weeks in a row......

ambien is good for sleep, but as with xanax, you build tolerance....

seroquel is evil evil evil...........i took one to come down from yay....when i woke up for work the next morning, my body was jello....i had no control of my limbs...i had to CRAWL to the phone and call into work....honestly. it was the most awful feeling.....

shmeglyn said:
if you can get any ativan, that always knocks me out completely

Ativan in general isn't much of a sedative. In fact it's often prescribed for that reason. 1mg of Xanax or so should work, and at worst 2mg. DO NOT take it with any other sedative.

Depends on the mechanism for the insomnia...... xanax is usually pretty reliable since insomnia causes anxiety causes insomnia.

I used to prefer Ambien until I'd find myself out driving around downtown chicago at 3AM with the top down in 40 degree weather and the stereo blaring...... The ambien-walking is SO incredibly strange......

But yeah, xanax is worth a try since it sounds your roomates are causing anxiety (and lots of noise.) Xanax worked well for me w/loud roomates back in the day. Don't get dependent; kicking is dangerous (and hell on earth).

I have been the rounds with Ambien, AmbienCR, Rozerem, Halcion, etc. Halcion being the best, but now I just take a xanax and that usually relaxes me enough to be able to get a good nights rest. I do have one Ambien CR left though, that I intend to take tonight. I hurt so f'ing bad, I just want to knock out and be done with it until I can get to the dr's office tomorrow.

dolls2diamonds said:
I have been the rounds with Ambien, AmbienCR, Rozerem, Halcion, etc. Halcion being the best, but now I just take a xanax and that usually relaxes me enough to be able to get a good nights rest. I do have one Ambien CR left though, that I intend to take tonight. I hurt so f'ing bad, I just want to knock out and be done with it until I can get to the dr's office tomorrow.
0.5 mg of Halcion plus 10mg of Ambien didnt worked for me. And now I am out of Halcion, so I will try 20-25 mg Ambien+200mg of seroquel. If it doesnt work I will try 3 mg of xanax and 200mg of seroquel. I have Ambien, Xanax,Seroquel, Valium, Ativan and will get Rivotril day after tomorrow. I also have Melatonin. Can anyone suggest a combo that will left me deepest sleep. Not getting enough sleep night before is effecting my job.