Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Spice Gold -- Experienced -- Minor Warning

Ham-milton

Bluelighter
I've used spice gold about a dozen more times. I've found that by limiting myself to one hit each time I use it, and using it with a "bong" I can experience effects indiscriminable from decent weed. A strong indica, I'd say.

It's become quite useful for meditation. I like to lie down when I meditate, and it keeps me awake well enough to lie down and not worry about falling asleep. It also makes my hands feel a bit warm, I believe it's just a perception issue, though.

My warning, however is important, I think, for perhaps anyone using this product.

I have been using Spice Gold about once a week, with just one or two hits at a time. While the effects are as strong as ever, I'm noticing an effect that's a big enough issue. I'm hallucinating- not when I'm intoxicated, but after it's worn off. It has occured at least a week after I've last used, or as early as 24 hours.

The hallucinations are consistent- always a single ant running across the floor. At first it's usually just in the corner of my vision, but then I look directly at it, of course, but it continues to exist. It comes to a black dot on the floor or wall (or just a darker spot, but it's especially commmon when I look at anything with many small dark spots. From one spot an ant emerges, walks for a ways, then suddenly disapears down another.

Or rather it just melts into non-existence.

I've had hallucinations while under the experience of psychedelics, and occasionally while extremely depressed or extremely manic. Presently I'm neither.

I'm also not psychotic. My thought pattern is quite normal, and it's rational too, I must say.

I'm not sure what to think, but I think I'm right in attributing this to my spice gold use, however infrequent.

Hammilton

I believe your report Ham, but I can't help but think that there might be something else going on there with your other meds?

I'm buying some either tomorrow or Friday as I've found a place not far from where I live that sells it at a good price so next time I'm in the car I'll pop in and get some and I'll write a report on it.

It sounds like an issue of getting oxygen to your brain in the right places. It's normal afaik to have these kinds of hallucinations from lack of oxygen (another common one is to see stars/twinkles).

I have a question for you: are you a regular cannabis smoker or cigarette smoker normally? Perhaps the increased amount of smoking has temporarily depressed activity in your lungs and its making it harder to circulate oxygen around your body?

I would agree that this product should be avoided, especially until they tell us whats in it. I never take drugs when I don't know what they are (well thats a lie I've licked random phenethylamine powder from my desk before!). Why use this when you can just use marijuana and not have any worries about these kinds of issues?

Marijuana is God's medicine =D

cause I want my shit delivered lol cbf going to the dealer sometimes, but then they deliver sometimes also but meh, I dunno Ham you really reckon this is worth noting with regards to spice gold, I must say Im using it daily atm on my 4th gram, havent had any negatives - apart from being lazy lol, ill see if I get any effects tho

samadhi_smiles said:
It sounds like an issue of getting oxygen to your brain in the right places. It's normal afaik to have these kinds of hallucinations from lack of oxygen (another common one is to see stars/twinkles).

I have a question for you: are you a regular cannabis smoker or cigarette smoker normally? Perhaps the increased amount of smoking has temporarily depressed activity in your lungs and its making it harder to circulate oxygen around your body?

I would agree that this product should be avoided, especially until they tell us whats in it. I never take drugs when I don't know what they are (well thats a lie I've licked random phenethylamine powder from my desk before!). Why use this when you can just use marijuana and not have any worries about these kinds of issues?

Marijuana is God's medicine =D

I smoke absolutely nothing, actually (i mean, regularly, I take one hit every few days). About a week ago I did have a period where i saw stars, but I figured that was a seizure thing since it wasn't provoked by anything, just standing there and all of a sudden, stars.

Other meds?

All I take is suboxone. I'm supposed to take other things, but I've been doing so well without them (6 months without a seroquel, and no depakote either! Have been completely normal. This is the longest I've ever made it, so I expect to fall in a hole or become manic as hell in a few weeks or a month)

I bet its just an issue about getting oxygen to your brain. Next time it happens take a few deep breaths and see if it goes away.

Whats your BP btw? Is it low? That will contribute to it if it is. High BP you can have visual hallucinations also.

It happened tonight at dinner. Still not very well defined, but breathing didn't help, unfortunately.

Perhaps it's not the spice gold. I wasn't exactly blessed with the best brain (I mean, I have one that's great for thinking, but it has a lot of hiccups), I was diagnosed with BP I, Schizoaffective and once schizophrenia (the latter two didn't last, the former did).

My blood pressure is neither high or low for me. My blood pressure is naturally about 10 points lower than it is for most people (my mother is the same way), but back in February, it was 140/90, which was way high for me. Doc wanted me to get out and run and just work out more, I did, and last time I was there I managed to get it down to 110/70 (if I remember right, the bottom dropped more than they liked, I remember, but I'm not sure what the number was for sure). That high score may have been a fluke, but now it's normalish again.

May I ask what the active ingredient in Spice Gold is?

I know I could Use the Fucking Search Engine, but I'm feelin' kinda lazee right now...

Have, but it's not that simple. It's a complicated affair when you have junk added (fucking honey, for instance) just to make it more difficult.

No similar problems here

I have gone through more than 15 grams of Spice Gold, smoking one to two hits at a time through a bong several (or many) times a week for the past 4 to 5 months.
I enjoy it.
No visual problems, no hallucinations, etc.
Very relaxing, with mental energy but little physical energy.
Still, once I push myself to do yoga on it, it feels great.

^^^ i'm not so sure.. I mean i'm sure JWH-018 is one of the ones used but i've heard all the different versions of these all seem different, my friend just got some and told me it took like 10 minutes to "come on" and then lasted way longer than weed - doesn't sound like jwh-018.

I noticed that too, well from spice diamond and gold but gold seems to have a quicker onset time, 10 minutes is about right unless bonged, diamond didn't hit me for at least a quarter hour, other than minor alerts.