Heads Up and Member Feedback - Your opinions on the future of the site :)

it's not a democracy. Do what must be done. I cannot comment further because I feel I am biased.

And stoned, at that.

User sponsored forums.
Allow users to pay for the lease of a subforum they administer (assuming it follows the general guidelines of a site).

eg. ClubbinGuido pays BL to mod his own Faggotry Lounge where the lulz is the norm.

I personally dislike name changes as its hard to follow who is who, and thus who is a reliable source of information.

Infinite Jest said:
Worth consideration, but often a new poster may be a very experienced user. I wouldn't want to lose out on that knowledge, or make them feel like a noob, just because they hadn't spent long posting here.

Will think about it, though. Thanks :)
If a GLer were to be an experienced person, then limiting them to BDD, having informed them once x number of posts are reached they hae greater access, then you force them to post about basic discussions proving their knowledge base by helping people.

Then pay to have your own site :\ It doesn't make sense for us to 'host' what is essentially a seperate operation that doesn't follow our rules but mixes into our server software (ie, warning system, member accounts, etc). Basically, what you're proposing is for us to sell space that could embarass us or hurt our mission. We need money, but not that badly.

No offense to CG, as I'm sure the lulz would be plentiful - but I don't see us opening up access to our staff operations (yes, the person would need to be a mod for such a forum) to anyone with a fat wallet; likewise we're not about to offer such a possible liability for our image and intent.

I thought he meant I slip you guys few dollars every month and I'm allowed to be a Moderator in The Lounge.

Guido Edit: Onetime TheLoveBandit said "lulz". lol.

And, apologies to auto, as my speed reading neglected to catch his "assuming it follows the general guidelines of a site" caveat. Still, if it's under the site rules....why not use the existing forums? I see, perhaps it is what CG alludes to - paid moderator spots.....and that would do wonders for our credibility :\

ClubbinGuido said:
I thought he meant I slip you guys few dollars every month and I'm allowed to be a Moderator in The Lounge.
No, thats insanity :p

What I was specifically thinking about was that there would be a "user sponsored subform section", wherein, there are subforms, each is paid for by the moderator of that subform, which can be private or public. Each subform could have its own specific rules or not, but every subforum would have to follow the general rules for bluelight, its not a system to pay to avoid the rules that keep this place functioning.

I am not saying that you should degrade this site in anyway, or jeopardize its future by allowing things that go against the general rules of the site. I am merely suggesting, that you give still run the school yard, but let people rent a sandbox to play in.

eg. I could play BL to have a subform "Hashish Discussion", I get mod access for that forum only, no where else on the site.

Benifits: money, new forums that people like can arise, and you can see how people mod their own forums and potentially recruit them for the site.
Downsides: more clutter, jealously from users that cant afford their own stuff, turf wars when site mods do things in the subforums.

Why not use the current forums?
often because the current forums are broadly defined and people have specific interests only, or because people want to run things their own way, without forum specific rules they disagree with.

examples, Sex love and relationships forum, someone could have a subforum on sex only, if they dislike relationships, or hash only no weed, or have a VIP lounge for meme faggotry.

Can I bump this? I don't have any suggestions/complaints/etc (at the moment ;)), but it seems that it couldn't hurt to have this thread on the front page of support.