Heads Up and Member Feedback - Your opinions on the future of the site :)

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
This is intended to provide discussion for the 'Heads Up' ANNOUNCEMENT as well as feedback on where the members would like to see the site going in the future.

================

As much as we remain a non-democracy, the fact remains we want everyone's input in helping us decide the best direction for the site going forward. At this point, I see no reason to limit our discussion, so I'd say anything goes (add forums, kill forums, restrict member access, perks for consideration with donations, color scheme changes, whatever - the sky is the limit, then we'll filter out what is or is not feasible). I would, however, ask that any discussion of forum changes not be a rehash of what exists (link to an existing thread, bump that one back into consideration, etc, but don't bury this discussion with comments from a thread that already exists ... mainly I'm thinking the OD possible split and the Arts discussions from SO). Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, do not take anyone's suggestions as an attack (and try not to make suggestions that come out that way) - this is about evaluating our site and helping move it towards improvement, and understanding we all have different ideas of what 'better' is...so let's hear the ideas and the sr staff will have more than our simple minds to work with in planning our migration and direction. Thanks.

Hey good idea TLB :) you da man

I would like to be able to edit my posts in LD once they've been approved by a mod.
Also, letting regular members make polls would be nice too...I dunno if this has been discussed before so if it has sorry.
Obviously if these things were abused then you could retract the, but I for one would use them responsibly and it couldn't hurt to try it out IMO :\
lol I'll try to think of other stuff later but that's all I got for now. ;)

is it possible to make more styles like interpol? it would be way too awesome if we can choose more than one style:)
(bring back the old style!!!!!!!!!! i miss it:D)

^ you know you can use the interpol style anytime you like? bottom left of this page...

alasdair

i know but it would be nice if there'd be more styles:) i'm not saying there should be tons of different themes though, just a few more:D

Anyone have any thoughts about the Music forums, how they could be arranged? I'm all ears, except for the rest of my standard human anatomy :)

delta_9 said:
Also, letting regular members make polls would be nice too...I dunno if this has been discussed before so if it has sorry.

This shouldnt be a problem now.

All you have to do is ask and unless there is a very good reason, then it will be provided.

If you think about it, its better the way it is because you dont have to do the work.........lol

You could maybe allow the changing your user name & keeping your post count via a set monetary contribution. This in itself could help the donations get a boost. Obviously nothing too ridiculously expensive, but it's worth charging for the privilege.

My tuppence spent......

Slay said:
is it possible to make more styles like interpol? it would be way too awesome if we can choose more than one style:)
(bring back the old style!!!!!!!!!! i miss it:D)

More themes would be nice. I mean, its kind of a silly thing to ask for but it would be cool to be able to switch it up from time.

could there be a staff rating system, so that members can anonymously rate staff, ideally with a rating that can be adjusted over time
???

^ In b4 Lefty's rating is over 9000.

Also word filters in The Lounge would be fun.

CletusVanDow said:
You could maybe allow the changing your user name & keeping your post count via a set monetary contribution. This in itself could help the donations get a boost. Obviously nothing too ridiculously expensive, but it's worth charging for the privilege.

My tuppence spent......

Spent well, I think, thats a pretty good idea.

CletusVanDow said:

My tuppence spent......
Yeah, that is a good idea IMO. It'd be a relatively small burden with the potential to generate a small pool of additional funds.

I think there might be an issue over those present/ex-staff who have already changed their name on a "one-time only" thing. But I think there's scope to negotiate that. Maybe ex-staff are allocated one single free name change. After that, all your monies are belong to us.

What sort of cost do people think would be appropriate for a name change?

I'm all for ideas like this, though it's more a funding issue but it's a relatively easy thing to do for an admin and it's a good, quick way to bring funds in.

I would pay for a name change. Just for the hell of it. I wouldn't mind pissing away 10 bucks a pop just to fuck around with people from time to time with a new name.

hoptis said:
What sort of cost do people think would be appropriate for a name change?

I'm all for ideas like this, though it's more a funding issue but it's a relatively easy thing to do for an admin and it's a good, quick way to bring funds in.

I would say $5 or $10. I would say make it so this could only be done once, but if people like CG want to keep giving up $10 to change their name, it's not for me to decide how one should spend their money.

Also, I am not familiar with how the gallery is set up, such as there being an upload/space limit. But, if there is, maybe offer upgrades for a small fee, as well?

I say restrict newer members from posting in OD and only allow them to post in BDD.