• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/cimetidine money saving tip

I've been on 16mg for over 3 years. Recently, I got myself down to 8mg. I've been straight on that level for about 3 months. Then, I read about cimetidine. Good god! I tried ethanol solutions before this discovery, and it helped a little but mostly with quick absorption. Cimetidine really really really works though. My first day, I used 4mg with tagamet and i felt like i had taken 16mg. I was nodding off every 10 minutes.

My method - I dose 600mg cimeditine an hour before my sub dose. then I follow every 6 hours with 400mg cimetidine. I can do this for about 36 hours before I feel like I can't feel the sub. I also kill about 24oz of WGFJ before and after taking the sub. About an hour after I dose, I really can't stay awake. I'm guessing I'd be fine to drop my dose down given my level of intoxication.

So, for the next three days, I've repeated (4mg/day + cimet). I'm saving so much money. Tomorrow I plan on dropping to 3mg and doing 4 days and trying to drop to 2 and see where I'm at. I want off suboxone, hope this discovery helps me do what I haven't been able to for years now, quit.

One thing this answers maybe - long-term maintenance users of sub CAN get high off of their bupe dose when mixed with Tagamet/cimetidine....really high from my experience.

Last edited:
Since Cimetidine is only available via prescription where I live, does Grapefruit juice the same trick in a diminished way?
I'm just curious because this could help me with tapering down my Bupe before switching to Kratom.

Thanks!

Since Cimetidine is only available via prescription where I live, does Grapefruit juice the same trick in a diminished way?
I'm just curious because this could help me with tapering down my Bupe before switching to Kratom.

Thanks!

I can't be sure how effective it is, but from what I read it does the same thing. I use it. I use it in conjunction with cimetidine. it does work, I just can't be objective about it really.

What does tonic water do for bupe absorption?

Last edited:
Still using the cimetidine to taper down. no depression or pain yet, just shitting about 4 times a day. worried about taking bupe, cimetidine & loperamide together. any opinions on that?

I've been on 16mg for over 3 years. Recently, I got myself down to 8mg. I've been straight on that level for about 3 months. Then, I read about cimetidine. Good god! I tried ethanol solutions before this discovery, and it helped a little but mostly with quick absorption. Cimetidine really really really works though. My first day, I used 4mg with tagamet and i felt like i had taken 16mg. I was nodding off every 10 minutes.

My method - I dose 600mg cimeditine an hour before my sub dose. then I follow every 6 hours with 400mg cimetidine. I can do this for about 36 hours before I feel like I can't feel the sub. I also kill about 24oz of WGFJ before and after taking the sub. About an hour after I dose, I really can't stay awake. I'm guessing I'd be fine to drop my dose down given my level of intoxication.

So, for the next three days, I've repeated (4mg/day + cimet). I'm saving so much money. Tomorrow I plan on dropping to 3mg and doing 4 days and trying to drop to 2 and see where I'm at. I want off suboxone, hope this discovery helps me do what I haven't been able to for years now, quit.

One thing this answers maybe - long-term maintenance users of sub CAN get high off of their bupe dose when mixed with Tagamet/cimetidine....really high from my experience.

Im well aware of the potentiation action to certain opioid / benzos you are referring, but if you are nodding on 4mg bupe after taking 16 mg daily for over 3 years, youre a freak of nature...

and less is more, but not that much more !

Last edited:
I think less only "presents itself" as more. What I mean is that if you are on a dose that keeps you above the threshold of opiate agonist effects for yourself - 1 reason I believe its so heavily disputed is personal reactions to this medication vary far more on basis on body chemistry than more conventional opiates/opioid meds, I digress b/c the questions are intriguing on Bupe's ability to mess with you opiate receptor system, so history of Sub use, history of past opiate use, body chemistry, etc. make it a tricky drug to dose properly for anyone, and I am not trying to get into that - then you are steadily going to feel the full agonist effect and it will not dip low enough to cause withdrawal symptoms. On the other hand, if you take small doses, you end up actually noticing the difference from dose to dose. You get the opiate buzz that Subs are capable of giving, then over the next several hours it drops back below the level of it to work as an agonist so you feel kinda crappy, redose and you feel better.

Im well aware of the potentiation action to certain opioid / benzos you are referring, but if you are nodding on 4mg bupe after taking 16 mg daily for over 3 years, youre a freak of nature...

and less is more, but not that much more !

i agree. but CIMETIDINE, obviously for some people, is a miracle. i do my best NOT to mess with any benzos at this stage. Both financially and physically (I feel better without all that bupe and nalox in my system). I'm nodding off in my group meetings and showing doubled pills(strips) at pill counts. i got into a clinic to get down to 8mg. Then I read this thread. That was it. They think I'm abusing something, using something else to boost my sub, but getting tested twice a week almost since I "admitted" my tagamet usage is kind of fun. I hate drug tests but that's because I've almost always failed them.

I'm switching over to generic pills today from strips, hope the dosages line up with cimet & alcohol. i plan on making an ethanol/bupe solution to start titration very soon.

Any tips on the switch to generic pills going from strips???

I'm switching over to generic pills today, any advice?

I think less only "presents itself" as more. What I mean is that if you are on a dose that keeps you above the threshold of opiate agonist effects for yourself - 1 reason I believe its so heavily disputed is personal reactions to this medication vary far more on basis on body chemistry than more conventional opiates/opioid meds, I digress b/c the questions are intriguing on Bupe's ability to mess with you opiate receptor system, so history of Sub use, history of past opiate use, body chemistry, etc. make it a tricky drug to dose properly for anyone, and I am not trying to get into that - then you are steadily going to feel the full agonist effect and it will not dip low enough to cause withdrawal symptoms. On the other hand, if you take small doses, you end up actually noticing the difference from dose to dose. You get the opiate buzz that Subs are capable of giving, then over the next several hours it drops back below the level of it to work as an agonist so you feel kinda crappy, redose and you feel better.

I disagree. When using the cimetidine with lower doses, it actually keeps me feeling fully medicated (held) plus some for at least 30 hours. Three year sub user, 5 year heroin user prior to that.

Another big thing about this, is the overuse overdosage doctors are putting on opiate/opioid abuse patients. I mean, the first time I was diagnosed, I got 24mg per day. It was too much. It made me vomit on the regular. I know you didn't really want to discuss proper dosage. But, I just think more research should be done on that subject in particular. Bupe is strong as an ox. No reason to overuse/abuse it when a little goes a really long way. I imagine my tolerance to opiate/opioids, after i was on 24mg for the first 4 months of my sub use, was astronomical.

But, for me, this is about getting off of the substance. I'm not trying to get fucked up any more. It is a pleasant side effect at the moment. I'm falling asleep at a regular time, waking up after about 7-9 hours sleep EVERY night. I mean, when it comes to MY BODY and THIS DRUG, less is certainly more, with cimetidine added. I nevvvvver nodded on a sub before dropping my dose to 4mg and addding tagamet.

A little word about "re-dosing" as you mentioned in the last part of your post, the thing here is I still feel buzzed from sub when I'm re-dosing. So it's not like it's a shock to the system. I'm not feeling bad at all. I've been using this actually to push my rate of administration to a little over 30 hours with 2-4mg, depending on situation. What you say makes sense though. It'd be like not taking your sub, getting sick feeling, just to be able to REALLY feel your sub next time. This may be happening some, but not to the extent that taking 1/4 of my usual "ok I feel it" dosage makes me physically sleepy. I mean, since I cut down, it's nap time and falling asleep is sooooo easy. Idk, just somethin to consider..

Last edited:
I can't be sure how effective it is, but from what I read it does the same thing.

Just wanted to report that I tried Grapefruit Juice before my daily dose and it definitly works. The low dose (0,4mg) feels stronger and the duration seems increased as well.
So for those unable to buy Cimetidine OTC it is a valid option. Be sure to get 100% Juice and not that stuff made from concentrates and such.

switched to pills from strips recently. any tips on keeping saliva down during sub-lingual administration? it seems by the time 10 minutes of "painting" is gone by, my mouth is FULL of saliva.

Maybe somebody will check this....

About a week ago I switched from the strips to generic pills. Still 8mg/2mg. While on the strips, I was using cimetidine and only having to take 4mg a day to feel totally fine. 4mg of the pill doesn't seem to be enough though. I've felt very achy and in a poor mood for the last 5 days. I've tried ethanol solutions to boost absorption. I'm still taking tagamet. I'm not sure why, but it's like there's way more filler in the pill and because of it the absorption rate for sublingual takes a massive hit. Anyway.

For the last two days I've just been crushing the pills and insufflating. I know that's not how they're meant to be used, but I don't feel like a semi-sick addict when I do.

HELP

I took 1mg of suboxone sublingually yesterday at 6pm and its now 10:30am and I am still feeling it strongly, and last night I slept like a baby when usually I suffer from insomnia. Without using cimetidine 2mg of suboxone will barely hold me and keep me well, I certainly would not be feeling it the next day.
1 dose of suboxone (no matter what the mgs) should hold you for 24hrs... So I dont know what you're talking about.

And by the way, anyone taking over 4mg a day has no clue what they're doing. Its pointless taking these high doses I'm hearing... Like 16-24??? WTF

Believe it or not, people have different physiology and metabolize drugs at different rates. I dose my Sub 2x/day. Less than that and I get very uncomfortable. I only take a total of 4mg now, but I dropped from 8mg and you are not going to tell me I didn't experience withdrawal.

People are different. I suggest not generalizing so much.

Believe it or not, people have different physiology and metabolize drugs at different rates. I dose my Sub 2x/day. Less than that and I get very uncomfortable. I only take a total of 4mg now, but I dropped from 8mg and you are not going to tell me I didn't experience withdrawal.

People are different. I suggest not generalizing so much.
You dont need to dose twice a day, you can do it once and be fine. Its totally in your head.

And by the way, anyone taking over 4mg a day has no clue what they're doing. Its pointless taking these high doses I'm hearing... Like 16-24??? WTF

you don't absorb the full 4mg from any 4mg dose unless IV. that variance can certainly explain the need for more than "4mg a day." Think about those first days going from dope to sub...4mg didn't hold me back from being sick.

You dont need to dose twice a day, you can do it once and be fine. Its totally in your head.

Cool, thanks for the help. Glad you are qualified to prescribe medication and assess dosing over the internet. I'll go ahead and tell my doctor he was wrong, some junkie on Bluelight said so.