• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/cimetidine money saving tip

Thats very interesting subobob, thanks for sharing that.

Allthough, I personally think you should be taking much lower doses of suboxone.

You say that when you were prescribed Lamictal you got potentiating effects, causing you to get mild highs, etc...

...this is great, but in my experience, the lower the dose of suboxone you take, the more "high" or "euphoria" you can get out of it. I started with about the same size suboxone doses as you did, but very quickly realized that less worked better, and within 2 weeks of being on suboxone I was allready down to just taking about 2 mg's a day. And every single time I lowered my dose, the euphoria increased. Now im down to a 0.3 mg dose and it feels better than ever.

So I guess what im saying is....

I think I should maybe give Lamictal a try...

And maybe you should try lowering your sub dose.....imagine how good you could feel if it works for you the same way it worked for me(and many other people I know). You would probably be atleast tripling the euphoria you get now on those 8 mg doses.

Anyway, its just a suggestion, but I have strong evidence to support my theory and believe it is worth giving it a try. The reason I personally am so happy about the euphoria I get from my suboxone is that its not TOO MUCH to the point that it fucks me up, but its still enough to keep me from wanting to use heroin again......I dont think I will ever even think about doing another shot of heroin as long as im taking my suboxone at these lowered doses and feelin GREAT.

do you shoot your subs? because .3 mg causing better effect then 2 mg just doesnt make sense. I understand the less is more concept but I thought that was only to a certain point, .3 isnt even enough to give full effects for most people with any opiate tolerance or on maintenance. Personally for me and most people I know somewhere around 2.5 mg give or take an mg is the sweetspot for good effects(for me its 2mg snorted, sometimes another mg or 2 booster later on in the day), less then that and it isn't enough to keep the cravings away and doesn't last long enough at all, I do agree that once stabilized on the subs that most people don't need 8 mg, from my experience and friends of mine plus reading a lot of peoples stories on here that the sweet spot for the majority of people is somewhere around 2-4 mg with a smaller percentage of people needing more or less. Not dissing you at all though if you get by on .3 thats great but form reading and experience it just isn't enough for most people on maintenance.

I just thought I would add my .02.
Been on sub maintenance for 2 years or so...
A month ago someone bought me a 4 pack of Izze carbonated GF juice (it has a whole bunch of natural juice in it, including white GF)..they are small little cans (8.4 FL) and it kind of tastes like squirt only less sugary and more juicy...I drank all 4 of them about 2 mins after my sub dose (4mg)...an hour and a half later I was nodding for the first time ever on BMT. I didn't even think about it being attributed to the drink at the time..but someone mentioned it today and it makes sense. I've tried to reproduce the effect a couple of times and it doesn't work every time though. So who knows...

I'm kind of confused doesnt sub block the effects of opiates? How how does that c thing poteniate it?

to Dantheman11 it has to do with how the subs and cimetidine is metabilized in the liver. I've been reading and am intrigued by this thread. I'm prescribed subs and xanan so this stuff should help both. I acvtually didn't know tagamet was otc and didn;t know how people got it lol. But I'm trying it fot the first time today but had to stop IV my sub due to lack of needles so I haven't noticed much different. guess I'll see how it helps, which is usually just lengthening the duration when I drink wgfj b4 xanax. Love these ideas and can't wait to get more needles to get back to my favorite roa, its just not the same snorting or under the tongue. Peace all ya'll and I honestly don't know what'd I do without that orange magic pill haha

hey so i shoot subutex and I take this shit and it seems to work to some degree its not day and night its like night and dusk if that makes sence u get it if not ill say it this way it makes a slight diffrence if ur dieing to get a better effect from the BUPE then try it but its no miracle SO if you dont have the cash to shell then safe the cash and time and fuck it

MY other this i was wondering is HAs anyoone heard and or felt/tried this same IDEA but with saint johns wart some web site talked about it working way way well super good effects attributed to it but i tryed it and it wasnt anything more then just the cimitdine so ya I had also taked cimidine that night so coulda just been that anyway Highly interested in SJW

Well, I guess everybody's different. I've been on suboxone maintenance for over two years, and while I'm currently weaning down, I've felt the need to have more, or at least punch up the effectiveness over the last month or so. So I took some cimetidine this morning and 300 mgs of St. John's Wort. An hour later I took 8mg of suboxone and I have felt so sick all day, almost akin to withdrawal. I've been in a cold sweat, nauseated to the point of running to the bathroom only not throwing up. It's 8:15 and i"m considering going to bed and just starting over tomorrow.

I don't know why this works for some and jacks up others, but i just wanted y'all to know and be careful.

I'm on sub maintenance, and it won't get me high no matter how much I take.[/QUOTE]

I've been on tex for 3 and a half years now, maintenance therapy, pretty consistent too. The stuff still gets me high. I think it's because I play with my dose and take tolerance breaks (meaning I run out of pills at the end of the month and have to cut down till I get to the doc). I find the best way to get the bang for your sub buck is to keep your dose low and take a break every now and then.
I havn't gotten to try cimetine yet, but grapefruit juice never seemed to do much for me. I'll try it and post back tho.

The amount of misinformation floating around with regard to Suboxone never ceases to amaze me. I will admit that I, too, was skeptical of the people who emphasized the "less is more" properties of bupe, but after MUCH experimentation, I have come to agree wholeheartedly.

First off, you need to FORGET EVERYTHING you know about conventional opioids and how dosage and effects are related. Buprenorphine is an EXTREMELY POTENT chemical, and is most effective at extremely low doses. Anyone who is taking more than 2mg/day is taking too much. If it makes them feel better psychologically, fine, but the physiological effects are no better at 32mg than they are at 4mg.

The people who take high doses are also the people who claim that it is impossible for someone on Sub maintenance to catch a buzz. This is wrong. Yes, if you take 8-16mg/day, then decide you want to get off and take 32mg one day, you will feel nothing.

Trust those of us who preach the "less is more" approach. I have been on Suboxone maintenance daily for over 18 months, and as I type, I am feeling warm, itchy nose, nodding, etc. And FWIW, I have never IV'd my Sub. I tried snorting small pieces of the tablets for a while, and really noticed the increase in bioavailability, getting a good buzz from ~1mg.

When my Dr. switched me over to the films, I thought that I would have to go back to the sublingual ROA. But I have developed a technique that works WONDERFULLY with the films.

I cut the 8mg strip into equal pieces so that I can measure the dose to be .5-1 mg, depending on my mood and supply of Sub at the time, etc.

The chunk goes into a straw segment with an inch or two of water in it(held at one end to prevent it from running out.) I add a little bit of salt to minimize the nasal irritation(making basically a mild saline solution.)

Holding both ends of the straw between two fingers to hold the solution in, I let the strip dissolve completely, shaking it to help it along(the strip usually dissolves completely in 5 minutes or so)

Once dissolved, I lay down, tilt my head back, and drop the solution into my sinuses. With a consistent dose of .5-1mg I get all of the fuzzy effects that we like day after day, after being on it for over a year.

Cliff's Notes: Those who are in doubt, and want to "feel something" from their Suboxone maintenance, cut your dose down to 1mg OR LESS!!!!

I've seen quite a few posts like yours claiming low does suboxone to be euphoric and just had a few questions for you. I've been on suboxone for a little over 2 years now. Doctor started me at 24mgs, which me knowing nothing at sub at the time gladly took thinking it would give me a buzz. After a few days of taking it the little bit of magic was gone. So after 2 years the only time i actually get any kind of "buzz" or good feeling from it is it i lay off it for a few days and let myself start feeling the WDs. I've also spent a small fortune trying to get "well" because i lack insurance. I'm on 8mgs right now and seem to feel like trash anytime i try to go to 4mgs. My question is did you slowly taper down to these low doses that give you euphoria and did it take a while of taking such small doses to actually get these feelings? I did not want to post this in that thread because it was off topic but if you make another thread solely about this I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it.

All you people saying "more is less" is true to some degree. But it is outrageous to go around claiming that not a single person in the world can notice a difference between 8mg and 32mg, absolutely outrageous. I was on 16mg a day, and after being bumped to 10mg, good god did I notice a difference, like runny shits, shakey legs, big pupils difference.

Yes, bupe does work completely differently than your standard opiate. Yes, it does have a rather low ceiling. But saying the ceiling is as low as 4mg is just plain not true, it might be for a couple of you out there, but to the vast majority, no. I would estimate its closer to 10mg (taken all at once). Once on bupe maintenance, you just can't get "high" from it unless you are on ~1mg or less. At 2mg+ maintenence, Just because a bigger dose doesn't get you nodding and drooling does NOT mean it does not have a slightly stronger effect. Yes there is a sharp decline in response, but saying the actual "ceiling" is any lower than 10 or maybe 8mg is just crazy, misinformed, or you have very unique body chemistry

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a thread about potentiating Suboxone, this is a rare ass thread and I can never get clear answers on this topic, which has always been my #1 curiosity. Then you come and flood it with benzo talk.... Benzo potentiation is so much more simple and the information is EVERYWHERE. Can we please concentrate on bupe, as was originally intended?

Id really like to get to the bottom of the cimetidine/WGFJ potentiating bupe topic. First hand experience plz?

Last edited:
for me sjw works

this is what I do and ive been on subs for 5 years straight lol

so I take 600mg of SJW then wait 30mins
then I put 1 or 2mg of a strip in my spoon disolve that
add one 25mg diphenhydramine to the spoon then
bamm shoot it I get a rush like heroin and the sjw
increases the nod for sure I have this theory tho
of taking sub orally like popping an 8mg pill with sjw and drink grapefruit juice
that sense its orally and the inhibitors turn it to norbuprenorphine
I feel as if you pop it and already have the sjw activated you will get blasted
if someone wants to test this thats awesome :)

oh and trust me my dose is 12mg a day and I even know less is more 2 to 4 mg gets me way more blasted

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is a thread about potentiating Suboxone, this is a rare ass thread and I can never get clear answers on this topic, which has always been my #1 curiosity. Then you come and flood it with benzo talk.... Benzo potentiation is so much more simple and the information is EVERYWHERE. Can we please concentrate on bupe, as was originally intended?

I super duper agree I get so pissed when people start talking about this
when were obviously talking about what we may have access to not
everyone has access to benzos all the time and if you are on bupe or
have it then this is why were trying to potentate it duhh :p

My theory with cimetidine is to take it when the peak of norbupe comes 3-4hrs
Bc you wont inhibit the bupe-->norbupe but then the cimetidine will inhibit the CYPs and
The UGTs? which are responsible for the glucuronidation of norbupe and bupe.

"We investigated the enzyme kinetics of buprenorphine and norbuprenorphine glucuronidation in human liver microsomes and UDP-glucuronosyltransferase (UGT) Supersomes. The involvement of UGT 1A1, 1A3 and 2B7 in buprenorpine and 1A3 in norbuprenorphine glucuronidation were confirmed. Novel involvement of 2B17 with buprenorphine and 1A1 with norbuprenorphine were demonstrated. Scaling of buprenorphine clearance with, or without, correction for the nonspecific microsomal protein binding of buprenorphine (f(u) = 0.42) suggested glucuronidation was a significant route for hepatic clearance of buprenorphine."

PMID:19601871[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

"Glucuronidation of morphine in humans is predominantly catalyzed by UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B7 (UGT2B7). Since our recent research suggested that cytochrome P450s (P450s) interact with UGT2B7 to affect its function [Takeda S et al. (2005) Mol Pharmacol 67:665-672], P450 inhibitors are expected to modulate UGT2B7-catalyzed activity. To address this issue, we investigated the effects of P450 inhibitors (cimetidine, sulfaphenazole, erythromycin, nifedipine, and ketoconazole) on the UGT2B7-catalyzed formation of morphine-3-glucuronide (M-3-G) and morphine-6-glucuronide (M-6-G). Among the inhibitors tested, ketoconazole was the most potent inhibitor of both M-3-G and M-6-G formation by human liver microsomes. The others were less effective except that nifedipine exhibited an inhibitory effect on M-6-G formation comparable to that by ketoconazole. Neither addition of NADPH nor solubilization of liver microsomes affected the ability of ketoconazole to inhibit morphine glucuronidation. In addition, ketoconazole had an ability to inhibit morphine UGT activity of recombinant UGT2B7 freed from P450. Kinetic analysis suggested that the ketoconazole-produced inhibition of morphine glucuronidation involves a mixed-type mechanism. Codeine potentiated inhibition of morphine glucuronidation by ketoconazole. In contrast, addition of another substrate, testosterone, showed no or a minor effect on ketoconazole-produced inhibition of morphine UGT. These results suggest that 1) metabolism of ketoconazole by P450 is not required for inhibition of UGT2B7-catalyzed morphine glucuronidation; and 2) this drug exerts its inhibitory effect on morphine UGT by novel mechanisms involving competitive and noncompetitive inhibition."

PMID:16679387[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

My theory with cimetidine is to take it when the peak of norbupe comes 3-4hrs
Bc you wont inhibit the bupe-->norbupe but then the cimetidine will inhibit the CYPs and
The UGTs�� which are responsible for the glucuronidation of norbupe and bupe.

Anything else in laymen terms ?