• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

Mad daddy is going to be ther for you, i will do my best. I love you baby. You can always be you 1 love....

I've always been curious to what an overdose feels like. Not that I wanna go through it myself but I'm rather curious. Could anyone who has ever had an overdose describe it?
You push the plunger. "Damn I feel so sleepy, gonna lay on the floor". Realizing you are being carried in a stretcher. Girlfriend looking shook as hell.

Ideal way to commit suicide, if you ask me. Last memory you have is of that magnificent rush.
Yikes dude! I don't even remember a rush on my opiate OD, it just hit me like sledgehammer. I had been clean a couple months.

I have overdosed 7x's that I have been hit with narcan and I only ever even knew I was overdosing once. That one time I was able to grab a dresser and hold on for dear life after I noticed that everything was getting fuzzy and the world was slowly fading to black. My friend said I was standing there with a vice grip on the dresser and our dope in my hand for like 7 minutes before he finally decided to hit me with a narcan pen he had. He could neither get me to respond or let go of the dresser or dope. That time was the oddity because I snorted a bag of Fentanyl and had already driven 5-10mins across town to his house before I went out. Every other time I was just gone before I even felt anything.

The first time I overdosed I did the dope in a parking lot and got what I thought was a weak rush at the time so I put the car in reverse backed up and then in drive. Next thing I know I was laying on the ground with cops and paramedics all standing over me. My shirt was ripped open and I was soaking wet. I was terrified because my last memory was of driving so I thought I had hit and killed somebody. It turns out I was coasting through the parking lot unresponsive with my eyes wide open. My friend jumped out of the passenger seat and drug me out of the drivers side and had to jump back in to stop the car and put it in park. Coming back always sucks because you are confused and often sick as hell because of the narcan.

The worst overdose story I have I wasn't even out anymore when they hit me with the narcan. I was in the hospital for pneumonia and the hospital was giving me methadone and klonopin but what they didn't know was that I had my full scripts for the same meds in my shoe, which I was liberally gobbling down the whole time. I woke up with all the nurses running around the room and the doctor standing over me with a syringe saying "we don't usually give them this much narcan but since he is on methadone and benzos I am going to give him a flood dose".

I said.. "What? Why are you giving me narcan?" The doctor turned to the nurses and laughed "oh look, he knows what Narcan is" and then he jammed it home. I immediately turned and projectile vomited on one of the nurses holding my arm down. Only to then pull an Exorcist a' la Lynda Blair by rolling my head around to the other side of the bed to projectile vomit on the other nurse and doc. What followed was the most intense 20mins of withdrawal of my life. Ice flowed through my veins and the nurses had to hold me down as I kicked, While rubbing my head and repeating calm and soothing phrases. I could feel the blood pulsing through my brain. I passed out and woke up 30 or so mins later and when I got up and looked in my shoe, where the meds were, I found a little baggy of hershey's kisses and the doctor's card with his stupid smiling face on the front.

Last edited:
IV overdose of heroin doesn't feel like anything - you wake up (if you're lucky), with concerned people looking over you having either performed recuss. or administered narcan (or similar); generally speaking it does provide excellent insight into the true extremes of a heroin addicts selfish outlook ion that the first true wave of emotion tends to be "you ruined my high" at the very least by way of a fleeting thought, but I have witnessed the feeling expressed verbally to a horrified loved one.

Np pain this is for sure but a complete lack of awareness as to what is happening and it happens fast.

I have held a girlfriend in my arms desperately administering kiss of life and chest compress - treatment - only for her to thrash out at me a full two minutes later upon coming round accusing me of wasting her money by bringing her back from the brink.

All told the experience feels much worse from the position of terrified, shocked 'third party' than for the 'victim' themselves as I would hazard a guess that none fewer than 99% have no awareness of what is happening until the come round - regardless of the reason for doing so ...

On speed/meth OD, at least in my case, the euphoria disappears and you become extremely irritable by even the slightest things, and are anxious with a high body temperature and pulse. Once I also took too much oral morphine on top of alcohol, and suddenly i felt everything slowing down, and felt like my hearts stopped beating. I panicked, stood quickly up and my field of vision got completely pixelated for a few seconds. After that, I layed down on the bed and made sure i didn't fall asleep, and had to breathe "knowingly". As in, i had to make sure i inhale oxygen every 2-3 seconds.

Heroin - Not even IV, but snorting it - had one line, waited half an hour felt nothing. Forgetting I had benzos in my system, racked one up 4 times the size. I remember walking to my room and then blackness. No pin. When I woke up I was still fucked but my skin was blue and I couldn't walk. I had Rhabdomyolysis from crushing my legs for the 3 hours I was out.

The actual OD was painless for me. I guess I'm lucky.

The after effects? Hell

From this thread it sounds like the best way to off yourself is with IV heroin. Not exactly the best thing to learn on an HR forum :/

I OD'd on ketamine before. My friend was converting 2g ketamine to 100mg/mL solution but didn't label his vials. I ended up drawing from the wrong vial, doing an IM injection that was basically 1.5g of ketamine instead of 50mg. My friend said he had to lay me on my back and tilt my head backward because I wasn't breathing properly. My experience was everything started to turn white and I knew immediately that I took too much. The last thing I said was, "Oh fuck I'm gonna K hole" and then everything went white. I didn't even have an out of body experience, I just remember being gone and then suddenly coming back. When I came back, it was like being a robot and having the switch flipped back on.

MDMA is another I've done too much of. Passed out right in the middle of a rave and I had to be dragged to the medics. My heart rate was incredibly high and I was overheating. They had to give me an IV and heavy sedation to calm my body down. It was really disorienting... because on the one hand I was rolling so hard that it was kind of blissy, but underneath the bliss there was something terribly wrong and my anxiety was high. The two feelings mixed together were so fucked up.

Although it's not really possible to OD on acid in the true sense, I accidentally did 1mg of LSD one time thanks to a dilution problem with liquid LSD. It was the worst experience of my life and I was psychologically fucked up for 6 months. While tripping I couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't make sense of anything. Remember that classic commercial "this is your brain on drugs"? Yup, it was kind of like that. I would look at my limbs and they would be dissolving into the floor around me. Nothing made sense and there were no boundaries. My brain was putty. It was also incredibly exhausting. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep but it was impossible. Eyes open or eyes closed the visuals were so bombarding.

I had alcohol poisoning as a teenager... drank two whole bottles of Canadian whiskey on a dare. Dumbest thing ever. Had to get my stomach pumped and stay in the hospital for a day. All I really remember was being paralyzed and too weak to even roll over when I puked, so I kept puking all over my face and neck, and choking. My friends (who were 14) at least had the sense to tilt my head to the side, but they NEVER went and got help because they were afraid of getting in trouble. So I laid there paralyzed, puking and pissing myself all night. My father walked into my room in the morning and smelled the wall of puke and booze and was like WTF!!! Hours had passed but I still got rushed to the hospital where they did the nasty coal tar stomach pumping thing. I wasn't able to touch a drop of alcohol without getting nauseous until I was like, 26 years old.

Now that I'm writing these experiences out, I'm wondering how the fuck I've survived to this day? Drugs are intense!!

MDMA is another I've done too much of. Passed out right in the middle of a rave and I had to be dragged to the medics. My heart rate was incredibly high and I was overheating. They had to give me an IV and heavy sedation to calm my body down. It was really disorienting... because on the one hand I was rolling so hard that it was kind of blissy, but underneath the bliss there was something terribly wrong and my anxiety was high. The two feelings mixed together were so fucked up.

Although not quite the same, I OD'd on aMT (~300mg, got nothing from 100mg and stupidly assumed it was cut/duff) - the single most unpleasant experience of my life - me and two others all at once. I was hyperthermic and having seizures, BP up and down like a roller coaster, I could almost feel the brain haemorrhage about to happen. Everything was visuals. It was almost quite pleasant, but at the same time I felt I was dying. A very unpleasant feeling indeed!

Oh my god thats so scary n ive always wanted to ask someone that bc i do iv crack a lot. How much did u do n how pure was it

You feel yourself suffocating and feel your body is fading away. And you throw up a lot, at least I did

20mg 25c-nBOME, seizures, convulsions, prior to which a was repeatedly banging my forehead against the wall. Had also taken few gz mxe. I blacked out, this was one time i was in rehab. Bravo

Technically it means consuming too much of a drug and getting ill effects due to that. A lit of overdoses of different drugs are not fatal but can make you very sick or need treatment to recover.

Unfortunately some drugs just take a particle of the stuff to overdose and the effects are that severe that youre dead before any chance of help reaching.

Ended up in the hospital several times due to drug induced psychosis and being out of it...

I guess I'm old, but to me, OD'ing means you die?

Paramedics aren't late every time. Also I think death doesn't have to be the only outcome from an OD, psychosis, any form of permanent damage, if it's dosing related I'd say it's an overdose.

From this thread it sounds like the best way to off yourself is with IV heroin. Not exactly the best thing to learn on an HR forum :/

I OD'd on ketamine before. My friend was converting 2g ketamine to 100mg/mL solution but didn't label his vials. I ended up drawing from the wrong vial, doing an IM injection that was basically 1.5g of ketamine instead of 50mg. My friend said he had to lay me on my back and tilt my head backward because I wasn't breathing properly. My experience was everything started to turn white and I knew immediately that I took too much. The last thing I said was, "Oh fuck I'm gonna K hole" and then everything went white. I didn't even have an out of body experience, I just remember being gone and then suddenly coming back. When I came back, it was like being a robot and having the switch flipped back on.

Although it's not really possible to OD on acid in the true sense, I accidentally did 1mg of LSD one time thanks to a dilution problem with liquid LSD. It was the worst experience of my life and I was psychologically fucked up for 6 months. While tripping I couldn't move, couldn't talk, couldn't make sense of anything. Remember that classic commercial "this is your brain on drugs"? Yup, it was kind of like that. I would look at my limbs and they would be dissolving into the floor around me. Nothing made sense and there were no boundaries. My brain was putty. It was also incredibly exhausting. All I wanted to do was close my eyes and sleep but it was impossible. Eyes open or eyes closed the visuals were so bombarding.

I had alcohol poisoning as a teenager... drank two whole bottles of Canadian whiskey on a dare. Dumbest thing ever. Had to get my stomach pumped and stay in the hospital for a day. All I really remember was being paralyzed and too weak to even roll over when I puked, so I kept puking all over my face and neck, and choking. My friends (who were 14) at least had the sense to tilt my head to the side, but they NEVER went and got help because they were afraid of getting in trouble. So I laid there paralyzed, puking and pissing myself all night. My father walked into my room in the morning and smelled the wall of puke and booze and was like WTF!!! Hours had passed but I still got rushed to the hospital where they did the nasty coal tar stomach pumping thing. I wasn't able to touch a drop of alcohol without getting nauseous until I was like, 26 years old.

Now that I'm writing these experiences out, I'm wondering how the fuck I've survived to this day? Drugs are intense!!
Do you have lasting effects or HPPD from the 1mg of LSD you took?

I have used super high doses of LSD, mushrooms, alcohol, and cannabis. Thankfully I had people looking after me.

Too much alcohol and/or cannabis or hash makes you vomit, and you black out and pass out, and this can last for a day or more.

I honestly wonder how I survived as well?

It can range from sublime to eyes popping out of there sockets intense, to holy shit this hurts(heart attack/cardiac arrest) but in all events you’d prob go unconscious before the real pain begins.
People sometimes make the mistake of thinking of ODing as you are going to die without medical attention, & while that’s part of it, it’s not entirely accurate. Overdosing is simply taking too much of a given substance. OverDosed in the past tense obviously means they died or would have without immediate medical attention(or naltraxone). Let’s say an average dose of a given drug is 30 mg... at around 45, depending on the person and the more you up the dosage, it starts getting dangerous... as in you took too much and driving home u lost control of your motor functions completely and fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into a parked car(don’t drive impaired!!!) I might refer to this as sick drunk or blackout territory. This is why harm reduction is important. It’s cool to get fucked up yo so it’s really cool to get REALLY fucked up, and when this happens, the most dangerous thing beyond killing yourself due to stupidly while in that blackout territory, is at that point redosing while being blacked out. THAT most certainly leads to death. I wish people would realize that street drugs’ purity being all over the place is what kills people as much as the let’s get reeeally fucked up yo mentality(which isn’t even necessarily bad u just gotta work ur way there SLOWLY and after plenty of experience with said chem), and this whole situation is caused by prohibition. If you had big pharma producing these, there wouldn’t be such variability across the board. Opiodphiles & benzophiles are always gonna be chasing the dragon, but there’s so many accidents that happen all too easily because there’s no checks & balances when it comes to purity. For 90%of dealers, cutting it is in the job description. So when that 10% come along, people think theyvhwve a tolerance but they really don’t and accidentally die very quietly as they forget to breathe(or have a heatstroke/wave and pass out as they overheat and ultimately die as a result)

After being up for about 36 hours on dextroamphetamine, I took some nefopam and promethazine to try and ease myself to sleep once. About an hour later I started hallucinating spiders and rats all across my floor and my bed, while also having clear as day auditorial hallucinations. About an hour after that I start having full body convulsions, was convinced I was about to go into a seizure so I just laid down on my bed and waited for them to stop. Don't remember anything past that apart from waking up and feeling like my head was swolllen. That's the only kinda OD I've had and I'm not even entirely sure what caused it, I only took 30mg of nefopam and 75mg of promethazine. I think it had something to do with the fact nefopam interacts with dopamine and seratonin receptors, which amphetamines also interact with, but I'm still not sure exactly.

I had my first proper OD of meth the other day where I IV’d 0.5 grams (thinking it was average street quality and not knowing it was basically uncut. I coughed so hard I nearly puked, my vision went completely haywire like my eyes were looking in a million directions directions at once, my hands started shaking like I had palsy and I poured sweat from literally every pore in my body and was soaking wet in a few minutes. I had to sit down to compose myself for quite awhile but for at least the next several hours I felt like I was in the Sahara and poured sweat even after a cold shower and I could not construct a proper sentence for hours - only able to manage basic yes/ no answers. After about 2hours I started to get really severe cramps in my fingers, and toes and also some internal muscles meaning I could not piss for hours. . After getting rehydrated and taking magnesium and some diazepam it settled into just being super high.

It was uncomfortable but not particularly frightening. I did not have any anxiety or panic nor any hallucinations or psychotic symptoms. I have no doubt there was a bit of brain damage involved though - which is regrettable.