• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

StarOceanHouse

Bluelight Crew
I've always been curious to what an overdose feels like. Not that I wanna go through it myself but I'm rather curious. Could anyone who has ever had an overdose describe it?

I've only overdosed on opiates. Specificaly, heroin cut with god knows what fentanyl analog was going around a couple years back. I never od'ed on heroin until it was cut with that shit. (I don't remember how many times I od'ed. Yeah, I was that fucked up. It was over 5 times, easy.)

Anyway, you don't feel much. You jab yourself, register and push off. The last thing you remember is "God damn, what the fuck is this rush? It ain't just heroin! Holy shit!" After that, you just drop out. It's happened to me numerous times while I was shootin' while standing up. People that were in the room said I just collapsed(caused a few head injuries a couple times :\ ).

It wasn't painful at all. You just wake up after you've been resuscitated, or shot up with Narcan. Hopefully the cops aren't there.

Ideal way to commit suicide, if you ask me. Last memory you have is of that magnificent rush.

coke iv- all your muslces lock up and your heart is beating so hard it hurts like its gonna explode, then i fell to the ground and convulsed wishing it would either stop or would hurry up and die cuz it hurt so bad.

I've ODed on opiates twice.
I felt very cold, I couldn't stop shivering.
My memory was completely fucked. I actually didn't feel nauseous.
Most of the euphoria disappears in an overdose. I kind of went into shock and didn't feel euphoria or dysphoria.
My lips went blue (at this point it is a very good idea to call an ambulance).
It is extremely difficult to stay awake, and eventually you have no choice.

Both times were from oral administration, so I didn't have that "immediate unconcioussness" that would have been a godsend.

More specifically- the first time it was 50mg of hydrocodone (no tolerance) and 8mg of clonazepam (semi-tolerant)
the second time it was 15mg of hydrocodone and 30mg of methadone (no tolerance)

I've only ever OD'd on heroin. Basically I did my shot, then woooosh WOW so itchy it hurts!!! then you either wake up or die. I woke up with 2 paramedics in front of me (luckily the ex didn't tell them i was doing heroin and didn't get shot with narcan) and i tried to explain to them that "i had a rough night and was really tired". maybe not quite an OD....maybe just a really good nod but apparently my lips did turn blue.

all i remember is a huge rush that was SOOOOO fucking itchy it hurt.

Once I overdosed on DXM because one of the Zicam Max's I got had phenylephrine in it. It was approx. 2800mg and I have no idea how much of the decongestant. GOD KNOWS IF IT WAS PSEUDOEPHEDRINE, I WOULD HAVE WITHOUT A DOUBT DIED. My soul left my body and all of a sudden I was in one of the most darkest place ever. Like an infinite cold, filthy cellar full of the nastiest souls of all time. There were just these orbs and whenever I would come in contact with any of them, I would get a vision of how horrible the person was in their waking life. During this experience, somehow my mother was negotiating with something or someone to save my life. After that, I woke up in my bed, sweating really nasty dex sweat and feeling completely fried. I walked out of my room and the house was a lot different. There were towels on every counter and blanket on shit.

Well I drank the Zicam's all at one time and don't even remember coming back home. Apparently, I fell face first down my stairs and in my bathroom and kept hitting my head on shit. I remember my mom kept asking me how much I took and I just kept answering 800. I meant to say 800 milligrams, so when she looked it up, she would see it wasn't that bad, . She was going to take me to the hospital, but somehow she saved me. I woke her up a little while after I started remembering things and told her that would never happen again, to which she replied, "Good, 'cause I'm not going to be your trip sitter, and I hope you realized what I did for you there."

This is what makes me think for sure that my mother saved me, somehow, someway. She is Pagan and into spells and things like that, but that doesn't explain anything. Just saying...she's not your typical mom.

I tried talking to her about what happened that night in the other realm or whatever it was, but she just gives me this look and I can tell she never wants to speak of it, so we don't...but I'll never, ever forget it.

Ive od'd on heroin and other opies so many times in my 50 yrs(Ooold dude!),that i cant count.,,,waking up in a cold bathtub was not uncommon but my two most memorable times were first in the 70's woke up in the hospital woke up to them tryin to shove a tube up my wanger!,,that will wake most anybody up!!then my kidneys shut down and had to be on dialysis for almost a month before they started working again.
Next time in 2004 ,was in a coma for almost a month when i came to i was on dialysis again,,but luckily my kidneys started to function,AGAIN,,,,i could describe alot more about this last time with my brain function all screwed up from comaand it was a TERRIBLE experience!!,,you would think i would learn something from all this but i geuss it was just do or die for me.,,,if you seen the pictures of me in a coma you might think twice before you use a mixture of different drugs like i did,,i hope it never happens to any of you but if it does and you live through it i hope you learn something from it and are more careful than i was.,,,,i ended up back in the hospital for using even after the coma deal and was finally put on sub,,and have been on it 4yrs.
Be safe people,
Tattoo Tommy

It doesn't feel like much before it happens, for opiates anyways. I remember doing the shot, this was in a bathroom, I cleaned everything up and put it away, then sat down. I felt the rush coming on from the H, it just got stronger and stronger. Next thing is I wake up on the floor outside the bathroom with an IV in my arm and an oxygen mask on my face. As for the effects of the narcan, just felt a bit cold. Could still feel the H, when I woke up, it felt just like it would if I wouldn't have OD'd.

If your talking heroin, like nothing. You do your shot and you feel a rush like no other. You close your eyes and depending on how much you did you either wake up from a nice warm dream with no idea what the fuck is going on or you don't wake up at all.

ive OD'd a few times, its just like nothing, if you ended up dying its not like you would know or feel it. its like this, you do the shot and when the plunger is fully down you think "shit, i did too much" then the rush doesnt stop and it starts to burn. i would feel it in my face, palms, butt and thighs among other places.

sometimes you wake back up from it a few hours later with little to no memory, or you wake up in ICU with tubes and IV's sticking out of you. On one occasion, i did too big of a shot, blacked out and woke up sometime slater with no hearing. i thought i had blown my eardrum from the rush or something lol. it slowly came back over the next hour, but it was unnerving at the time.

I've never ODed myself but have been there and given mouth to mouth to someone no longer breathing and who was so blue that it was horrible. The emergency service told me what to do over the phone 'til the ambulence arrived. I was high off heroin as well so was very calm. I couldn't believe how heavy the victim was and could hardly lift his head up. When the paramedics got there they said he was breathing once a minute and it took about 3 hours after that for him to come round in the hospital. He walked out that morning right as rain and when I asked what it was like: nothing.

^^ 'bout a good way to commit suicide, yes, if it works. I've tried with heroin alone and woken up with a needle in my wrist and not being able to feel my legs coz I've been kneeling on them, then it's taken a half hour before you can even feel them again. I know people who've been 'asleep' days and have had their sides rot on them coz of lack of blood flow. In theory a nice od is perfect, in practice however, and as a gambler myself, I would not bank on it.

Last edited:
i overdosed on hydrocodone and i got really sick and hysterical. i was crying non stop for about 6 hours. i was so tired but could barely sleep. my heart rate was extremely slow and everything was kind of blurry. i tried eating bread but it tasted like nothing and it made me sick. i also felt sick 2 days after that. it was horriblee.

Everyone is explaining what happens if you OD on H but looking at someone ODing and Oding yourself is very different from what I've seen.

My last friend to OD on H shot up and said "this is really going to fuck me up" he was laying on my bed with me and another friend. All of a sudden we hear a loud gasp of air/snore weird sound come from him a minute after he did his last shot. We slapped him a few times to see if he would wake up but just kept falling over. He would randomly stop breathing so we would give him mouth to mouth and right after we did you could hear him gasp for air then make that weird sound again. His mouth started to drool and his eyes were halfway rolled back in his head. His body was stiff and hard to move. After trying to wake him up with a cold shower and trying to stop his loud moans so he wouldn't wake up my mom we tried to carry him to my front patio and get him in the car. He was on his back while my friend went to go get the car and he started dry heaving and sounded like he was going to vomit. I rolled him over on his side, he did this for 3 or 4 minutes. It took us over 10 minutes to get him in the car because he was dead weight and wet. When we arrived at another one of my friends house he woke up as we pulled up and started talking incoherently. Then 1 of my friends decided to shoot him up with salt water a few times and he woke up more and was talking but kept saying he couldn't hear anything even though he was responding to me. He then became angry and started cussing me out because I wouldn't answer his questions since every time I would he would just say he can't hear anything. When we got him home he was depressed the rest of the night and kept saying he hated his life. He acted distant towards everyone then eventually went to bed. He didn't remember anything the next day. It definitely ruined my high though for the night and the girl who was with us was crying the whole time and freaking out so I had to babysit both until he came out of it.

Madhatter4 said:
^^^Exactly..... an overdose can come in many different forms bro8)

which is why I wasn't specific. It would be interesting to see the different experiences.

thanks for the replies so far.

Ambien - you start falling down and/or become so incoordinated your gait lurches several feet from side-to-side and don't understand why anyone thinks this is alarming, judgement so impaired that you may walk to a store or go running at night, no vomitting, no more euphoria really than taking 2-3 pills - the biggest difference is how weird everything feels, double vision, able to answer questions (e.g. psych ??s in hospital) articulately despite severe intoxication.

Spacedementia897 said:
Everyone is explaining what happens if you OD on H but looking at someone ODing and Oding yourself is very different from what I've seen.

My last friend to OD on H shot up and said "this is really going to fuck me up" he was laying on my bed with me and another friend. All of a sudden we hear a loud gasp of air/snore weird sound come from him a minute after he did his last shot. We slapped him a few times to see if he would wake up but just kept falling over. He would randomly stop breathing so we would give him mouth to mouth and right after we did you could hear him gasp for air then make that weird sound again. His mouth started to drool and his eyes were halfway rolled back in his head. His body was stiff and hard to move. After trying to wake him up with a cold shower and trying to stop his loud moans so he wouldn't wake up my mom we tried to carry him to my front patio and get him in the car. He was on his back while my friend went to go get the car and he started dry heaving and sounded like he was going to vomit. I rolled him over on his side, he did this for 3 or 4 minutes. It took us over 10 minutes to get him in the car because he was dead weight and wet. When we arrived at another one of my friends house he woke up as we pulled up and started talking incoherently. Then 1 of my friends decided to shoot him up with salt water a few times and he woke up more and was talking but kept saying he couldn't hear anything even though he was responding to me. He then became angry and started cussing me out because I wouldn't answer his questions since every time I would he would just say he can't hear anything. When we got him home he was depressed the rest of the night and kept saying he hated his life. He acted distant towards everyone then eventually went to bed. He didn't remember anything the next day. It definitely ruined my high though for the night and the girl who was with us was crying the whole time and freaking out so I had to babysit both until he came out of it.
Some of those symptoms; gasping for air, not breathing, being dead weight, etc, are spot on.

You guys really should have called an ambulance.

Oh, and saltwater doesn't do shit.