• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

on cocaine, you get a MASSIVE headache, followed by pain throughout your body, intense body tension, and your eyes feel like they might burst.

i cant remember anything from my heroin overdose, i just blacked out and woke up in an inpatient rehab in a detox room.

i have only ever "OD'd" on ecstasy and weed. i say OD'd in the way that i mean OVER DONE IT. 2 pills were mcpp (sharks as someone mentioned before) and another 2 were decent pills with a high mdma content. the weed caused a panic attack, everything slowed down, i couldnt hear properly, couldnt breath properly. i was extremely disorientated....music was distorted, people talking echoed....i asked my friend to call me an ambulance, she did....they came and i felt as though they were taking the piss out of me. all i could do is think i was dying. an eminem song played through my head constantly. in the hospital i started tripping out that i could hear a wailing noise that then sounded like a toilet flushing. i found out it was a baby crying but it freaked me out, i kept looking at my friend who looked shit scared which made me worse. i was paranoid the nurses were talking about me, i felt like they were laughing at me. they were by no means nice to me at all.
i went home a few hours later, attempted to smoke some bud and the doom feeling came back. that was the last time i smoked weed. i spent two years away from all drugs also due to suffering constant panic attacks for 3 solid months after this episode. eventually i learnt to manage them and now i still take stims on the odd occasion.

30mg of etizolam, blacked out at 3pm, dad found me on my bed 3 hours later passed out with cold greyish skin, dribbling and not moving. Ambulance came, went to hospital and told i was lucky to be alive. I then woke up the next morning at 11am pulled the covers off and saw the hospital wrist band and those sticky pads that the wires were on on my ankles, chest and wrists. Now that was a startling morning....

30mg of etizolam, blacked out at 3pm, dad found me on my bed 3 hours later passed out with cold greyish skin, dribbling and not moving. Ambulance came, went to hospital and told i was lucky to be alive. I then woke up the next morning at 11am pulled the covers off and saw the hospital wrist band and those sticky pads that the wires were on on my ankles, chest and wrists. Now that was a startling morning....

Bizarre, from 30mg? oO
Anyways, I'm glad you came out of it OK.

I have had non-fatal overdoses, that's all. Depending on the drug, it wasn't fun.

I think I have too. I'm guessing I overdosed on amphetamines quite a few times. I just "treated myself" with a few benzos when I took very large amounts. Lol.

On opiates & benzos I must've come very close to overdosing pretty much every night for ~6 months. Can it happen that you just wake up from an overdose, without realizing you even had one?

Anyway, that stupid shit is behind me.

Cooked my shot..I remember looking at it sayin man this shit is darker than normal..registered and felt the rush..woke up 30 mins later to my parents, 2 paramedics and 2 cops in my room ha all bad..but its a rather pleasant way to go..like most who have said before you either wake up or you don't..

on cocaine, you get a MASSIVE headache, followed by pain throughout your body, intense body tension, and your eyes feel like they might burst.

i cant remember anything from my heroin overdose, i just blacked out and woke up in an inpatient rehab in a detox room.

sounds like extremely high blood pressure from the cocaine... fuuuucking hell.

i went home a few hours later, attempted to smoke some bud and the doom feeling came back. that was the last time i smoked weed. i spent two years away from all drugs also due to suffering constant panic attacks for 3 solid months after this episode. eventually i learnt to manage them and now i still take stims on the odd occasion.

Yeah, it's not clever to smoke bud right after a panic attack. (Ofcourse you didn't know at the time.) Especially when the panic attack was induced by weed. (Eventhough it was the combination that did it, weed was the trigger.) I've had this happen to me after a 3nights-awake amp binge a few years ago. Once I smoked a joint I got a full blown panic attack. Didn't call an ambulance because I recognized it was a panic attack immediately and there were enough friends who were sitting next to me so I felt in safe hands if it was really a heart-attack. I had an intense fear and at first I thought my heart stopped. (It really felt that way.) I managed to calm myself down but it took me like an hour. I didn't smoke weed for 2 days after that as a precaution. Scary stuff. Never had that happen again after that though.

Closest I've come was OD'ing on morphine (drunk half a bottle), paramedics were called. I can't remember a lot, other then remember very little segments such as looking up from my bed and them standing over me. Wasn't taken into the hospital, nor given narc (which surprised me that I hadn't!). Was just told to sleep it off but be check on every hour to check my breathing and if anything changed call them again. My parents found me, and the only other memory I have of that night is the look of absolutely, utter complete, gut-wrenching terror in my mother's face. That only was enough to kick myself in the ass and do something about my addiction!

I can't ever explain the look on her face and subsequent feelings I had seeing that, nearly unbearable! :( :|

Does anyone know

I've always been curious to what an overdose feels like. Not that I wanna go through it myself but I'm rather curious. Could anyone who has ever had an overdose describe it?
I took 3 10/325 norcos, 2 10mg oxycotins and 2 somas. All I remember is waking up on floor in fetal position with what seemed to be throw up all over ground and my tongue bitten on both sides. Do you think this was an overdose or seizure? I did throw up a lot an hour later, forehead hurt between eyes and my brain was real numb and dizzy.

The older you get the more your heart races when your on crap like that. I have low blood pressure and I did meth one night and my heart rate was 180/120 nurse didn't think I was going to have a heart attack. Then again I used my inhaler every hour for two days got same blood pressure and was passing out. That nurse thought I was going to die that night. So who knows

In regards to heroin od..

It is a similar experience to taking propofol for anesthesia. The main difference being, instead of that odd chemical taste in your mouth, you get the classic warm feeling heroin provides. Unfortunately, you prob only get to enjoy it for a few seconds before you go unconscious.

coke iv- all your muslces lock up and your heart is beating so hard it hurts like its gonna explode, then i fell to the ground and convulsed wishing it would either stop or would hurry up and die cuz it hurt so bad.

yep..

although I had a physically painless one as well..

Last edited:
heroin od: like everyone says, you don't even know it's happening. you just wake up, or not. I've woken up on my own once or twice, and by friends/parents/cops like 3 or 4 times. lucky lucky lucky.

Yeah definitely depends on the drug.. Opiate OD's, it's just like being really high, then falling asleep.. but with something like an IV coke OD it is horrible. You're intensely aware of just how much danger you are in.

I've only exprienced opiate and NMDA antagonist overdose. Opiate overdose I got really high, felt tired and woke up on the floor with fire in my veins because of narcan and paramedics and cops asking me silly question like who and where I was. All I wanted to do was die. Appearently one of my friends had decided to come over and rang the doorbell several times, when I did not open he peeked through the mailbox and he could see me lying there on the floor unconscious.

NMDA antagonist OD was worse to be honest, I snorted something like 100mg PCP thinking it was ketamine and got the worst cramps/pain I have ever experienced. This persisted for weeks. I was also out of my head for several weeks after that.

I have taken too much amphetamine on some occasions and it sucks because of the increase in heartbeat and anxiety but never really had a full blown overdose.

What a spooky thread. Hope everyone stays careful out there.

I almost died from alchohol once and that was the last drinks ive had for almost 4 years now. i was on a serious binge of vodka and pbr with no food or water for about a week and half. i was too chicken shit to kill myself and i didnt really want to die but if i God had come down and given me the choice, i would have turned the lights out.

it was definitly the most serious drinking i had ever done. i just remember locking my apartment up so even if you had a key you wouldnt be able to get inside. I flip locked it.

But i remember the day i went into the hospital i heard a knock on my door that was different than the other knocks i had heard. It just popped into my head that you need to answer this door so i got up and fumbled to the door running into shit on the way. i opened the door and to my surprise it was some AA guys that i had met years before. (i would go in and out of AA mostly cause my parents were in the program and would bring me to meetings when i was trying to quit.) They had just happen to come by after a meeting cause word had spread a little bit about my condition. Its a good thing too, cause no one else was gonna come by for three more days.

Well, they took one look at me and knew i had to get to a hospital fast and so they gave me some water, threw some pants on me and literally carried me out the door on one of the bigger guys shoulders. Im a pretty small dude. I get to the hospital and the staff even realized how fucked i was. One of the guys that brought me there said he wished he would have taken a photo of how i looked cause it was quite amazing. Said i looked like a ghost or death.

My blood alchohol level was .45 and if you know anything about those numbers, you know that its a very high number with people dying and at least in a coma with much less than that. Doctor said i had about 2-4 more hours of life left tops if i hadnt made it to the hospital. Crazy thing is i remember most of the experience. i wasnt in a blackout. I was hallicunating for two days but i remember most of it. They had me so pumped full of drugs so i would go into seizure that i almost felt good. I remember one of the nurses asked how i was doing and i said "not that well" and she calmly said "ok" and returned with 3 viles she placed at the foot of my bed. She then opened each one and shot it into my iv. I asked what was that and im pretty sure she said liquid valium. all i know is after that third one it was time for sleep.

Spent three days in there and could barely walk when i got out. They would only release me if i was going to a treatment facility which i did and there i spent another 5 days in bed and literally only got up to piss and eat very small dinners. i didnt shower or anything. Just stayed in bed. The couselor had some of the guys clean the walls after i left the room cause it smelled so bad. Even after that, it took little over a month for me to start getting back to normal. Havent had a drink since.

Yea it's crazy how ppl don't know how alcoholism can really be. I think it's the worst substance addiction to have honestly. It's legal and involved in most adult social interactions and marketed like crazy. The media and alcohol companies devote a lot of time to covering up how bad alcoholism can be. The general public just thinks that an alcoholic is someone who gets drunk every night and does stupid shit and it's not even close to how far alcoholism can go.

someone please help!

hi I'm new to the forum and I have sort of an emergency. I have a moderate tolerance to opiawhichtes usually consists of hydrocodone usually up to 70 or 80 milligrams a day. I recently took 2 100mg morphine pills one about 7 hours ago which wass an extended release and then another about 2 hours ago but this time I crushed and dissolved in warm water in order to try and bypass the time release mechanism. I am feeling kind of out of it and am starting to become increasingly worried since I don't want to die. I am having a very hard time taking a deep breath and am starting to panic. I am wondering if I am simply having simple anxiety or should I be genuinely concerned? Please any responses would help. I don't know what to do I am close to calling an ambulance b/c I don't want to simply pass out (lose consciousness suddenly and then not wake up. Help please!!!!

Last edited: