• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

I have overdosed three times. Twice on heroin, once on alcohol.

Both times with the heroin overdoses I immediately knew I had injected too much, and both times were the first use after prolonged periods of abstinence. I think I either sat in a chair and slumped forward the first time, and the second time I simply slid down to the floor and lay there.

Both heroin overdoses were accompanied by a definite cognitive awareness that I had taken it too far, but there was nothing I could do. The first overdose ultimately led to my coming to in a bathtub of very cold water, confused and angry. I was physically weak but able to exit the tub. Only one of the five or six junkies that had been in the hotel room at the time I shot up was still there. She was a prostitute and she was crying, telling me that I had turned blue and had stopped breathing for a while. Two of the junkies that by this point had left were large males that put me in the tub. Evidently, they and the rest (save the prostitute) immediately split the scene. According to the hooker I had spent about seven hours in the tub, not moving, barely breathing which she had confirmed by putting her ear to my mouth as she periodically kept my head above water. She said the reason she didn't leave with the others was that I had talked and listened to her like no one had in a long time, if ever (we did not have sex), and she loved me for that. Not wanting to lose me, she stayed and did her best to keep me alive. My reply to all this news was an insistence on where the rest of my dope was and that she should surrender it to me immediately. I never got it back.

The second heroin overdose occurred on the beach in Colva, India, upon which I also insisted on taking a massive dose of dope after at least nine months clean. I don't remember anything about that one. I simply woke up hours later on the sand, barely breathing, heart rate at about 55 bpm. My Blackberry, wallet, watch, ring, and dope were all gone.

As for the alcohol, I drank a quart of vodka after eating about 80mg of diazepam and a bottle of venlafaxine. I woke up in the hospital with my head pretty much split open on the side from an unconscious fall, an IV in my hand, and a glass of charcoal on the table side which the hospital staff insisted I drink. I had to drink several of those charcoal glasses. They administered a low dose of phenobarbital and valproic acid through the drip as well. That incident kept me in the hospital for nearly two weeks.

I have ODed once. And it was the most stupid and scary thing ever in my life.
I was out drinking, came home, sobered up and couldn't fall asleep. I took two Ambien... Then I wake up on a bed without a mattress, feeling like complete shit, dizzy and mindfucked. I discovered that for some weird reason that same night after I blacked out I did a whole lot of DXM and then chased it down with OTC sleeping aid Diphenhydramine hcl. I don't know how much of that I took but it was a lot. I felt very scared, my body had a strange unhealthy blueish-yellowish tint to it. I was hallucinating when I went to bathroom. I saw running water when there was none, dark clouds in the shower cabin that were discharging lightings and everything was very floaty. I could barely walk that day, slept for 15 hours afterwards and still felt really bad (twitching, shaking, etc) for the next 3-5 days.
I found out that I was talking to myself looking at the mirror on the infamous night and walked naked trying to make coffee in the kitchen with a bucket of ice.
I am sure if I could have more alcohol that night and more sleeping pills I would be dead or in ER.
Don't do stupid shit like that.. Ambien + alcohol = a big no. You will do things you will regret and the worst part you won't remember any of it.

4F1n1shed: Man, I wish I could get a hold of that good shit you had those times, haha. I am sure it's not funny for you and I am sorry for your experience. When it comes to weed I can just keep smoking the whole day joint after joint of the best pot I could get in town (Granddaddy Purple or Blueberries in my case) and then I would just get tired and fall asleep. Never had anxiety issues with it. On the contrary, a lot of weed clams me down :)

I felt absolutely nothing and woke up in the hospital 2 days later. I was told I was delirious at some points and comatose at others. I had to be placed on mechanical ventilation. Drug was baclofen

Ive Oded on dxm for being incredibly stupid and impatient and took two very high doses within a two day period.

Never a good idea, as I have learned.
an Od will have different effects for different substances

I was uncontrollably shaking, hardly able to walk. I vomitted a few times although nothing came out because I hadent eaten in days. I lost a lot of weight during this period of time. My eyes were darting all over the place uncontollably, and my voice was so weak. I was very unaware that this was happening to me, I was out of it.

Thank god I had someone that was there and knew what was happeneing that was able to take care of me and look after me.

ODed twice. First time on Fentanyl, second on heroin.

With Fentanyl, I didn't feel anything - of course I felt that rush, but it wasn't any better than usual and the dosage wasn't any higher than usual. I was regularly shooting Fentanyl at the time. The last thing I remember doing is walking over to the couch and sitting down. Next thing I know my friend was giving me Narcan through IV and my arm was bloody because he fucked up putting in the IV the first time around. I'm still not sure why I ODed that time... I didn't get any of the usual signs when I know I'm too high (I can't focus, etc.)

Second time with dope, I remember feeling an intense rush, again waking up with the same friend giving me Narcan. This time I was sitting in a chair and apparently I fell down and hit my head on a guitar amp (which was next to the chair.) Good thing I was out since I'm sure that hurt. My friend had convinced me to put "just one more bag" in the cooker for each of us, and that one extra bag made all the difference! I'm very thankful that I always had Narcan and somebody to give it to me around... I hate emergency rooms.

I overdosed once I cant remember much I blacked out I felt pain intense pain for a few seconds had a hallucination and then nothing.I guess i lived ay or am I in hell

I overdosed snorting about 7 20 mg ritalin pills and took about 7 orally over the course of two days. Well it was great at first, then it turned into this comedown avoidance twak fest featuring me freaking the fuck out trying to sleep because my mind is so worn out, but instead I'd fall asleep awake and get a suddent panick attack jolt untill I finally learned to ignore the panic attacks. For about a week after that I got deja vu up to about 20 times a day.

On a side note people can handle alot of fucking drugs. I know of somebody who snorted mephedrone till he was admitted to rehabilitation so much that his whole upper lip was scab. He was also doing so many pills he was foaming at the mouth n' seizuring every day.

I think I`ve OD`ed 3 or 4 times. The first time was Ritalin. I was rearranging my bed room at 4am when I got a SUPER sharp pain in my back and neck,up into my jaw.I also hard a real hard time catching my breath. I walked out and grabbed some aspirin and saw my Mom was up making food. I told her "I think I`m having a heart attack from too much Ritalin. Can you rub my back?" So she did and after awhile it went away. I noticed that at some point I pissed my pants.
I OD`ed on heroin once when I first started doing it. I snorted 2 bags in a row when I only would normally do one. I pretty much just nodded off. At some point in my nod I realized I wasn`t breathing and woke up. It didn`t hurt in any way,I was just startled.
The last time I OD`ed it was on Fentanyl. Me and my Dad split a patch to smoke. After smoking it in my bedroom my Dad went off to make us some sandwiches. That`s all I remember. Apparently,my Dad heard me having trouble breathing from the kitchen and ran and picked me up and put me in the shower. I woke up to the rather crappy feeling of ice cold water spraying on me. I guess I had been in the shower for at least 5 minutes with my Dad slapping my face and calling me.
In between the H OD and the Fent OD I had a Haldol OD which landed me in the hospital(fact:haldol will cause a massive rictus grin and your eyes will roll up into the back of your head).
I would say that if I had to die in some fashion,I would like to die of a opiate overdose.

Everyone else has pretty much got it down for a heroin OD. It was like this for me. Plunger down, hell yeah this is gonna feel good, wake up getting smacked in the face and being told I was an asshole for biting my friend's thumb(she had put it there when I was apparently having a seizure so I wouldn't bite my tongue).

I felt kinda weird the next day for a few hours in the morning, like real anxious/nervous, I was supposed to go to work at 8am and this happened at like 3am or so. I said fuck that, just got my paycheck and got me some more fuckin' dope.

it depends on what type of OD your talking about. ive come close to an amp OD three times. i couldnt breath at first and my heart was going super fast, then i couldnt hear or see. and i started to shake and sweat like profusely. then i got all tingly and i started to freak out. but i managed to realize what was happening the first time and i layed down and tried to calm myself down as best i could. having a panic attack while almost ODing on a stimulant is a baaad idea.

my boyfriend had a mild OD on dope once. his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he was twitching, his face was a gray color too, and he still had the needle in his hand. i started smacking his chest cause i was driving and couldnt do much else and i got him to come back. he said he had no idea he was even doing that and thought i was just smacking and yelling at him for no reason. he said he felt this horrible warm tingling and he didnt even get to enjoy the rush cause he couldnt remember it.

scary shit. :/

i don't think either one of these were Do. i don't do the shit anymore but back when i was shoveling piles upon piles of blow up my nose this kind of shit happened to me every now and then when coming down from a bender. it is the worst feeling in the world, but i wouldn't classify it as an OD.

ChickenScratch, you might be right, but it sure felt like it. The way my heart was pounding, and at such a frightening rate, I was terrified I was going to have a coronary or a stroke. A very close friend of mine had heart problems, and his very first heart attack was cocaine-induced, so it can happen. But, on the other hand, it could have been just me, being a noob, and doing a little too much, then fear causing more panic, which made my heart race even faster, thus perpetuating a vicious cycle.

first time was with 5 30mg roxies all taken orally i was puking all over myself, going in and out of consciousness and eventually said fuk it i'm going to sleep.

i woke up the next day got high and went to work

But, on the other hand, it could have been just me, being a noob, and doing a little too much, then fear causing more panic, which made my heart race even faster, thus perpetuating a vicious cycle.

exactly. yes heart attacks do happen for ODs, but generally not on your first one. thats usually more when you have put your heart under too much pressure. if your a strong healthy person who has not had a coke/speed/amps habit before, then the first time you OD - unless you have taken an unholy amount - you should be fine. a stimulant OD does not mean you will have a heart attack. the best thing to do, is to sit back, try and calm down, focus on your breathing, focus on calming it down, etc. panic attacks are the worst thing to combine with an OD. >.<

calming down is alot easier said then done, but it really will make a HUGE difference if you have something to focus on bedsides just thinking "omg omg omg im ODing omg omg.." ya know. ive been there three times with amps. it is scary shit.

Here's an original one: :)

I've overdosed on... NICOTINE. I have a high sensitivity towards nicotine. I believe a good percentage of the population has it; many of my family members do. Nicotine isn't cleared out of my system fast enough, or something. I read an article about it a while ago.

Anyway, I have smoked a little too much countless times, causing sickness. But one time in particular, I felt like I was poisoned with Nicotine.

The story goes that I bought a can of Skoal wintergreen chewing tobacco. I'm a north-easterner, so I never met anyone else who chewed tobacco. This was more of an experiment. I proceeded with pinching it, holding it in my mouth, etc. I felt pretty good for a few minutes.

Then, I started feeling extremely ill. I realize now that the pinch of tobacco I held was too much, especially for me. Waves of intense nausea and dizziness swept over me. I had a hard time standing and my head was pounding with pain. My skin was very hot and dripping with sweat; my heart was racing. I probably should have succumbed to the urge to throw up (not that this would have helped) but instead, I tried to lay perfectly still for as long as possible, as every movement caused nausea. This experience lasted for several hours. I still felt slightly sick the morning after that evening I chewed tobacco.

I can no longer even stand the smell of wintergreen gum. I probably wasn't in any serious danger, but the experience was one of the most unpleasant in my life.

Not exactly passing out in the park after OD'ing on H and ludes, but I thought it might still be of interest. ;)

Yup, this has happened to me many times. Not sure if you'd call it an OD or just having too much nicotine. But yes, its a really fucked up feeling. Extreme nausea, dizziness, feeling really hot. And of course the urge to puke. I've learned that if I ever get to this stage...just force yourself to puke your guts out. It always leaves me feeling almost 100% better.

Overdose

Speed is the worst. Feel jittery, sharp pains, shortness of breath, hallucinations. And when the serotonin factors in after a 4 or so day rush, its just awful. Rapid breathing, dispair and doom feelings. All you want is for it to be over. You just completely zone out, no coordination, extreme pain, I've never been more sure I was dying in my life. I pull through it every time though, a lot of it is the paranoia and hallucinations fucking with you, but its honestly how I imagine a heart attack during a psychotic episode must feel like. But the worst od ever was Phenazepam. Got it on the net for cheap, 150mg in a vial. Picked up from the airport, started bumpin, just little bits on my finger tips since its strong ass stuff. Feeling good when I got home, then sitting in her room bumping more, I spill it on my pants. And all the sudden I see myself just scraping and licking every little bit of powder. In the back of your head you're screaming, What are you Doing?! Thats when stuff went blank. For 7 days. I apparently did ridiculous things, was very aggravated or practically catatonic. Woke up 7 days later, and just thought, oh its tommorrow... Then I looked at my phone. I had seizures, was wandering around my town in a stupor, lied to everyone about things it made no sense to lie about, stole things. And I'm certain it may have down regulated my GABA receptors permanently... I'm lucky to be alive, mostly due to tolerance and pure luck. Its pretty terrifying to wake up with a week gone by you literally cannot remember any of, and find out you were conscious and active. Like being possessed or something...

Are you kidding me, that is the biggest load of bullshit ive ever heard, that is the most far fetched load of douche baggery ive ever seen

Sorry mate, I've just got to comment here.

.....And when the serotonin factors in after a 4 or so day rush, its just awful.....

An OD from (meth)amphetamines is not due to sertoninergic effects.

......I pull through it every time though.

If you are "OD'ing" any more times then even once, one must seriously sit back and re-asses how they're living their life!

.....but its honestly how I imagine a heart attack during a psychotic episode must feel like.....

An OD due to (meth)amphetamines is exactly how a "heart attack" feels since you are, indeed, will be dying from cardiac arrest! (amongst other organ failures).

...... But the worst od ever was Phenazepam. Got it on the net for cheap, 150mg in a vial. Picked up from the airport, started bumpin, just little bits on my finger tips since its strong ass stuff. Feeling good when I got home, then sitting in her room bumping more, I spill it on my pants. And all the sudden I see myself just scraping and licking every little bit of powder. In the back of your head you're screaming, What are you Doing?! Thats when stuff went blank. For 7 days. I apparently did ridiculous things, was very aggravated or practically catatonic. Woke up 7 days later, and just thought, oh its tommorrow...

Not a too uncommon story unfortunately.

.....I had seizures, was wandering around my town in a stupor, lied to everyone about things it made no sense to lie about, stole things....

*see comment above about life* -_-

.....And I'm certain it may have down regulated my GABA receptors permanently.......

Pray tell how exactly you have done this Khol88? One binge on Phenazepam wouldn't produce this effect.

Just a little advice, please think a little before posting on BL. If crap is spoken, it will be called out!

*peace

Not sure. All the times I overdosed, I simply injected my heroin, put away my needle and stash, and that was it. Each time I turned blue, stopped breathing, and my heart stopped long enough to be considered clinically dead. Everytime I woke up though, I was always sad and bothered because it was like I was being pulled from somewhere warm, calm, faraway, and safe. I don't know where I went when I overdosed, but I went somewhere and it was nice. I don't know why I always came out of the overdose though, I always woke up way before the narcan was administered or the oxygen mask put on.

Three times I overdosed on purpose, five times it just happened.