• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What does an overdose feel like?

all i remember is a huge rush that was SOOOOO fucking itchy it hurt.

Yeah when i have done a couple of shots that hurt like that. Kinda feels like morphine. I looked at my boyfriend and was like, "Ouch ouch why does it hurt?" he said "that's what happens when you do a really big shot." He said when he used to be on dope harder and was always doing like half gram shots, it always felt like that.

I think I have "ODed" two times.

The first time, I was kind of a novice, I laid down after my shot and fell asleep. I was up to my boyfriend slapping me in the face. He said he had come back in the room and all the color in my face was gone, blue lips, shallow breathing etc. So he just kept screaming at me and slapping me, I was completely limp. For some reason I came back and just felt really shitty the rest of the night.

The last time, a week or two ago, I had been off bupe a little over 24 hours, so I was like "I need a big shot" :/ The "big shot" didn't hit "hard enough." So I did another "big shot." Oops. I never lost consciousness, so at first I thought I had cotton fever or something. But I didn't have a fever and had been really clean. My lips were blue, I kept chattering/shaking uncontrollably, throwing up, and I felt really fucked up- slurring etc. I am assuming that was a small overdose.

The first time I did heroin I snorted it, it was a very subtle feeling and I only remember throwing up once and being fairly pleasant for the next 6 hours. After that I went to bed and aspirated, then found about 5 hours later, unconcious of course. Has anyone else had an experience like this? I am still fairly confused if this was even an "overdose."

You didn't overdose. I have been doing dope a few years now, and I still throw up on occasion. Some people are just sensitive in that way. If you felt pleasant for 6 hours you didn't OD!!!

i fell out last week. i did a 5 bag shot and then a 4 bag shot. i had been off suboxone for about a week. i had been on suboxone daily for some time until recently. so i woke up on the floor with the shower running, my heart was racing and i was pretty high. so an overdose feels like a blackout, no memory of how long, when you went out or when you woke up.

just my .02$

Depends on the substance. Here's my experiences with overdosing:

Meth: Massive heart rate, sweating, paranoia, aggression, hyperactivity, disturbed thinking.

Ecstasy: Again, a massive heart rate, sweating, dehydration, disorientation.

Benzos & Alcohol: Unconsciousness, vomiting, confusion, lack of coordination, amnesia.

To me and opiate overdose feels like a dream. While I wasnt unconscious I had tachycardia and my blood pressure and heartrate were going haywire(btw I didnt know this could happen from opiate/benzo use) and I just kept talking absolute bullshit, I kept telling the nurses my mum and sister spiked my drink with valium and there wasnt even valium in my system but I can still recall seeing a pice of paper with a list of the drugs in my body and valium was on that list..but obviously none of this happened. It was all pure delerium.

\But yeah the thing that surprised me was the hospital considered this an od but I wasnt even unconscious...how the fuck does that work? I do/did have a giant tolerance to oxy and xanax and I had about 350mg of oxy and 6mg of xanax in me but I didnt consider it an Od and ive been way worse heaps of times.

I came close to ODing on coke once. I had done about 5 grams over the course of a couple days. After the last gram I had a horrible panic attack and was just lying on my bed with thoughts racing so fast and all I could think about was my heartrate which felt like it was beating out of control. Chaos is the only word to describe it. It took about a couple hours before I felt normal.

lol a lot of these sound like normal side effects of drugs tbh

maybe these classify as ODs i've had... tho i always thought OD meant you were clinically dead...

Alcohol: puking blood, blacking out, passing out, shaking

Benzos: unable to walk, slurred confused speech, 3D vision, blacking out, retrograde amnesia

Cocaine, Crack: puking, passing out, blurred vision, delerium, hypovolemic shock/pallor etc

D-amp, Crystal Meth: pallor- shock, blurred vision, psychosis

Morphine: pallor, passing out, blurred vision, retrograde amnesia

i guess i've ODed a lot, especially with combos like benzos+opiates+alcohol+meth+cocaine+mdma.. things like that. i've never gone to the hospital. it's far from my house and i don't have coverage, so it's not like things would be in my favor anyway. ha

OD feels like death. you're sure you're about to die. i agree that an opiate+benzo OD would be one of the least painful tho, rather than a crack OD, for example

-G

I've overdosed 7 times...
1) Heroin
2) Ambien
3) Lunesta and Klonopin
4) Seroquel
5) Oxycontin and Heroin
6) Speedball (Heroine and Coke)
7) Trazadone, Seroquel, Ambien, Depakote and Thorazine

It feels like no other feeling, But it depends on what drug you are oding on.

I came close to ODing on coke once. I had done about 5 grams over the course of a couple days. After the last gram I had a horrible panic attack and was just lying on my bed with thoughts racing so fast and all I could think about was my heartrate which felt like it was beating out of control. Chaos is the only word to describe it. It took about a couple hours before I felt normal.

Yeah, me too. It was back in 1984, and I had just started doing it. (Just graduated from college, moved down to the DC area, met a guy and his friends who were all into it, and was convinced to start doing it right along with them.)

Anyway, my then-BF was out of town on business, and our roommate and I started doing loads of cocaine that afternoon. We were doing powder, and he was cooking up crack, too, and it seemed there was a never-ending supply. Along with the massive amounts of cocaine, we were drinking. I remember at one point we walked to get dinner, to a chili place, and I was so coked-up I literally was unable to get even a bite of food down my throat, so I just drank a couple more beers.

We got home, did some more coke, and then he went to bed and left a huge pile for me in case I wanted to do more, which of course I did... I think I would have robbed my own grandma to get more coke at that stage of my life. I was on the phone at like 2 AM, calling everyone I knew, and scrubbing the kitchen counters with a toothbrush, organizing the book shelves, etc.

I went to lie down when I started feeling "funny", and thus began the worst few hours of my life. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest; my mind was racing, I could not calm down, and I was in terror that I was going to die of a heart attack or stroke out. I woke the roommate to see if he'd take me to the ER, and he told me no, he was not going to get his ass in any legal trouble, and that I was on my own.

So, I laid there on the couch, praying to God that I would live to see my parentsand my cats again, and I listened over and over again to the Carole King album "Tapestry". To this day, any song from that album reminds me of that night and how blessed I am to have survived that.

It was the worst, scariest, most dreadful feeling in the world. That was the last time I ever touched cocaine or cocaine by-products, even though I have been around it a lot in recent years. That is one drug I like too much ever to do again.

Only overdose I experienced was heroin.. it was from snorting a dub, this was about a year before I started IVing and using daily so my tolerance was nonexistent.. anyway its a really good rush but it within a minute it becomes too overwhelming then before you know what the fuck happened your waking up on the floor with paramedics over you

I know a guy who lost the use of his left arm for about twelve months after falling asleep on hs side.

I got left by a ''mate'' when I went over, luckily I just woke up on my bedroom floor. The last thing I remember was my legs buckling and him telling me my lips had gone blue.

Rhabdomyolsis. It's a bitch, lost use of a leg for about a year and still have permanent nerve damage years later from falling asleep on it for about fifteen hours. Upon waking, and feeling the deteriorated muscle tissue pushing through the bloodstream causing renal failure, I can tell you it feels better to be shot in the knee with a .38 or stabbed in the nipple two inches in with a .1 inch diameter nail than to experience renal failure due to rhabdomyolsis.

Though, had I not woken, it would have been as painless and comfortable as any other opioid/benzodiazapine OD. Though, after a few when you register a shot and feel the overdose coming on before loosing consciousness it certainly is frightening. Usually you can tell this by an uncomfortable burn under your skin with the rush as opposed to simply warmth or pins and needles.

Amp/Coke OD? Alcohol OD? ...<shrugs>

No thanks, prefer a shotgun to the head.

Don't know if blacking out counts but I rightly?wrongly?? see a potential to land wrong or black out and choke on tongue etc, or god forbid your clueless "friends" sit you up/ slap you/ cold shower etc when all you need is your head tilted back to get your tongue out of your throat and a lie down with your feet up.

5 minutes after a smoking cones(which I rarely do) and a morphine syrup shot I started blacking out and had to stay on the floor for an hour as everytime I tried getting up I'd get that about to blackout feeling, all OK after

Another time I had taken magic mushrooms and then had only 20mg morphine 15minutes later to smoothen out the ride and collapsed once again I stayed low then shortly after my buddy sat me up on the couch, I think it would have been better to stay flat but I couldn't really say/do much about it, I was barely managing to stay concious reminding myself to breath all while, didn't have an extreme dose of mushies but I didn't do much for an hour or 2. Took me a few days to feel with it again.

So basically point is avoid mixing drugs as the opiate contents were less than half of what I had normally used alone.

I heard one of the symptoms of overdose for diphenhydramine (or something similar) is euphoria...

It was a full on anxiety attack. Havent hardly smoked since due to fear.

i dont smoke weed either anymore....too scared of paranoia and anxiety....also gives you like a dullness for a week or so...terrible drug. Opiates much better but more addicitve.

the closest i came to OD was smoked H when I was 15. Intense Euphoria, chest waves and tunnel vision followed by massive nod within about 10 minutes.....I'd say it was a mild OD or perhaps the perfectly balanced dose? Felt a bit tired the next day - thats it.

Definitely had too much weed before which caused massive anxiety attacks thinking your heart would keep beating too fast until it stops. Or sometimes i think i was on the brink of having a seizure while i was too high, this is all controlled better now that i have smoked so much but i still get occasional anxiety from weed. I did how ever smoke too much once with a friend and both of us blacked out completely on the floor.

i don't think either one of these were OD's. i don't do the shit anymore but back when i was shoveling piles upon piles of blow up my nose this kind of shit happened to me every now and then when coming down from a bender. it is the worst feeling in the world, but i wouldn't classify it as an OD.

Yeah, me too. It was back in 1984, and I had just started doing it. (Just graduated from college, moved down to the DC area, met a guy and his friends who were all into it, and was convinced to start doing it right along with them.)
Anyway, my then-BF was out of town on business, and our roommate and I started doing loads of cocaine that afternoon. We were doing powder, and he was cooking up crack, too, and it seemed there was a never-ending supply. Along with the massive amounts of cocaine, we were drinking. I remember at one point we walked to get dinner, to a chili place, and I was so coked-up I literally was unable to get even a bite of food down my throat, so I just drank a couple more beers.

We got home, did some more coke, and then he went to bed and left a huge pile for me in case I wanted to do more, which of course I did... I think I would have robbed my own grandma to get more coke at that stage of my life. I was on the phone at like 2 AM, calling everyone I knew, and scrubbing the kitchen counters with a toothbrush, organizing the book shelves, etc.

I went to lie down when I started feeling "funny", and thus began the worst few hours of my life. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest; my mind was racing, I could not calm down, and I was in terror that I was going to die of a heart attack or stroke out. I woke the roommate to see if he'd take me to the ER, and he told me no, he was not going to get his ass in any legal trouble, and that I was on my own.

So, I laid there on the couch, praying to God that I would live to see my parentsand my cats again, and I listened over and over again to the Carole King album "Tapestry". To this day, any song from that album reminds me of that night and how blessed I am to have survived that.

It was the worst, scariest, most dreadful feeling in the world. That was the last time I ever touched cocaine or cocaine by-products, even though I have been around it a lot in recent years. That is one drug I like too much ever to do again.

i didnt breath regullary ,i didnt talk,actually i wasnt able to , opening my mouth was the hardest thing to do , one second felt lyk my heart is goin to jump out of my mouth and the other i didnt feel my heartbeat at all , but when i overdosed i never thought about it , i just enjoyed my trip :)