• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

insulfating Suboxone vs. sublingual ( not trying to get high )

I see this "20% increase in BA by snorting" number tossed around a lot but until someone shows me the peer-reviewed paper in a highly-regarded journal where a respected, trained individual with an advanced degree studied the pharmacology of sub specifically looking at the BA in different ROAs (including insufflation vs. submucosal) I won't believe it.

If you find the tablets are taking too long to dissolve, ask your physician to write your script for the film (i.e., "strips") instead. They dissolve very quickly, in a matter of just a few minutes.

^ It's a 20% increase only if you're judging a sublingual dose out of 100%. It's ~30% sublingual (high-dose tablets) and ~50% intranasal, so it's actually nearly a 100% increase. Search and you will find the references you're looking for (yes, from medical journals).

I believe the number are correct, as I've used suboxone with pretty much every ROA, except for smoking them. Sublingual is definately 30%-40% tops. I let my strips dissolve for about twenty minutes, and I pretty much generally get the same effect out of them every time. If I iv them, .15mg shots give me the same effect as my .5mg sublingual dosage. And back when I was on the tablets I was shooting about .8mg a day for months. I had to take a trip for my grandfathers funeral, so I switched to insflation as I didn't want to get caught carrying around a bunch of rigs in my back pack. I decided to sniff 1mg a day, and adjusted to that dosage after a couple days and stayed on it for about two weeks till I got home when I started injecting again. From that point on until my relapse on full agonist, I did a total of three .2mg shots a day for a total of .6mg, which would translate into 2 mg sublingual. There's a lot of math involved with this shit, but from my experience I do believe insufflation raises the BA 50%. However, I never found that ROA to be any more euphoric than sublingual and for that fact, the only advantage I found in iv was the ability to get a nice lift dosing multiple times a day, and that I was able to use full agonists less than 24 hours after my last shot of sub.

IMO you should just stick to one roa, otherwise your going to be fucking up your tolerance and not receiving a steady dose of your suboxone. I would insufflated or plug now only if I had to stretch my buprenorphine out longer. If anyone finds insufflation or pluggin more euphoric, it's most likely because their absorbing more of the drug and that glow will only last a few days before tolerance settles back in. The best way to maintain and get euphoria is to take dosages of two mg or under. Some people theorize that the reason for less is more is because buprenorphines metabolite, norbuprenorphine has room to occupy receptors not filled by bupe. Tis could be the case, but it could also be that it's just because at lower dosages of bupe, the drop of the drug in blood levels is more noticeable and the receptors are not fully saturated, which would then make each dosage create more euphoria. It's kind of like how when you're on heroin, you feel higher the longer you wait for your next shot

^ It's a 20% increase only if you're judging a sublingual dose out of 100%. It's ~30% sublingual (high-dose tablets) and ~50% intranasal, so it's actually nearly a 100% increase. Search and you will find the references you're looking for (yes, from medical journals).

I've done that and have come up blank (and I know how to interpret the primary literature). So, where's the reference?

I believe the number are correct, as I've used suboxone with pretty much every ROA, except for smoking them. Sublingual is definately 30%-40% tops. ...There's a lot of math involved with this shit, but from my experience I do believe insufflation raises the BA 50%.

Do you believe or do you know?

I know from personal experience, that two mg sublingual, gave me the same effects as 1 mg insufflated, and .6 mg injected. It will very from person to person depending on factors such as insufflation technique. If you're getting a drip after sniffing buprenorphine, you're not getting maximum absorption

Here's a study showing insufflation to be 48%
http://ukpmc.ac.uk/abstract/MED/2576057/reload=0;jsessionid=yaARgiWRxbBqpzkz6gpR.137

Here's a study showing sublingual BA of 30%
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9048270/

One thing that I know and agree with several people that have brought this up, is that railing the Bups really is a left over thing from days gone by. I'm currently railing between 3 to 4 8mg generic buprenorphines & regret starting. Now I have it in my mind that it works better & while there is no doubt, at least for me, that the first 1 or 2 does give me a speed rush, it's not worth it. All it does is make me want what I stopped in the first place, Oxy 30s. Because this is my own script, I start to run low early. I'm precribed 2 1/2 8mg's tablets a day even though some studies show that more that 2 8mg's is a waste. Funny though, I end up cutting myself down to 1/2 a pill (4mg) & get through the day just fine. The mental part is still there for a couple of days but the physical is completely gone. This has been my life for 25 yrs & I don't wish it on anyone. My point to all of this rambling is, yes you can snort it but don't. In the end though, it's no different than what you quit, it just sounds better & you're still looking for a quick high. I know that I was/am. My hope is that by giving this advice, it helps me while helping someone else. My advice trust the bup to do it's job & take it like prescribed & as little as you can physically, not mentally, tolerate. 8mg will get you through the day just fine & the mental is better after a couple of days, at least that's my expertise. Who knows, maybe you can drop to 4mgs then 2mgs. Money & body saved. Good luck to anyone reading this & thank you for letting me give my 2 cents worth. Hope it helped.