• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to measure out grams? And Kratom

1 tablespoon, a measuring one, is 5 grams isn't it, if you level it off?
Also is 2.5g enough Kratom leaf to feel it the first time? Is it safe to mix with <200mg codeine (and phenergan) ? Are they cross-tolerant? thank you.

Kratom has a cross-tolerance with other opioids.

In order to enjoy kratom I do not recommend mixing it with other opiates.

You should try to obtain a scale to measure your kratom doses accurately. You only need a scale accurate to 0.01g and they can be found very cheaply online. I use one website that sells scales and only that one website, so if you would like to know my recommendation for where to buy scales you can PM me. I have never had any issues with the vendor that I am speaking of and he has very good prices. I usually use wax paper, cover the scale with it, tare it, then put the kratom on that. It's convenient because you can use the wax paper to funnel the powder into your mouth.

I prefer to use enhanced bali kratom. Kratom enhanced with 8% full spectrum extract is more economical, a bit stronger, and requires less plant material/powder.

Be sure to ingest kratom on an empty stomach: Wait 3 to 5 hours after your last meal.

Don't overdo it with your doses. Kratom sickness is not fun at all. Start low. If you don't feel the way you want to after 30 to 60 minutes you can take more.

I have to disagree here; I would wager you will not feel any effect whatsoever from the kratom until you do not have suboxone in your system. This is actually true of any opiate. Kratom does NOT synergize well with opiates despite what some people claim. This is, I speculate, for a number of reasons: 1) Kratoms effects are usually more subtle than the "true" opioid 2) Kratom has opiate antagonists as well as agonists. 3) The mu-opioid agonist in kratom, while potent, is present only in minute amounts.

I can assure you that if you have a tolerance to opiates, you will get little to no effect form kratom. I had to stop taking all other opiates before I could enjoy the effects of kratom. I can also assure you if you do mix kratom with a high-powered opiate, say hydromorphone, the pleasurable effects of the kratom are no longer noticeable, and the antagonist properties of the kratom seem to even weaken the hydro.

This is all talking plain leaf though -- once you enter the world of extracts the rules do change.

And just a note guys: please be responsible and show some discretion in how you discuss and use kratom. This plant has been a miracle for many (including myself) to get off of prescription painkillers. It is best thought of and used as a medicinal herb -- there are much better recreational plants/chemicals out there for sure.

If you aren't getting the desired effect after an hour or so, what increment would be best to try increasing it by? I'm thinking of taking another 1/2 teaspoon. I guess that's small but I don't want to risk that nausea and vomiting I've been reading about. I have a pretty high tolerance for the pain meds I'm prescribed (oxycodone IR) and I'm thinking that's why I'm not getting the hoped-for results. I know I'm completely showing what a noob I am but I want to find an alternative to the RX merry-go-round and I want to do it right.

Best way to measure and make Kratom tea

I made a mess trying to get a good measurement system as well as making teas out of the stuff. Both questions were answered by a simple little gimic I saw in a store for loose-leaf tea. It seems to hold a fairly husky tablespoon and if you add it to boing water and wait 15 minutes you've got Kraton tea.
now I wanna visit a real tea store and get a larger size or on actually made of metal that isn't such a pain in the ass to use, but I'm cheap. But thats my best answer.

now using it for kava

I made a mess trying to get a good measurement system as well as making teas out of the stuff. Both questions were answered by a simple little gimic I saw in a store for loose-leaf tea. It seems to hold a fairly husky tablespoon and if you add it to boing water and wait 15 minutes you've got Kraton tea.
now I wanna visit a real tea store and get a larger size or on actually made of metal that isn't such a pain in the ass to use, but I'm cheap. But thats my best answer.

Always wanted to see if tis Kava shit works got the special spoon steeping and know how this works for kava as well.

Just received my shipment of Kratom in the mail today. I have 10g of "Kratom UEI." But it's just 10 grams of powder piled into a little ziplock baggie. I've heard a good starting dose of UEI is 1 - 2 grams. I don't have a calibrated scale....so what's a good way of measuring out 1 gram of powder using usual household items like teaspoons and such?

Thanks

if u have no kratom tolerance 1 gram a good starting point...its about one spoonful...should cover the bottom of a cup...uei is the right choice my friend....just drank some myself

Ok so I'm just gonna swill back a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of this powder. I'm figuring that's pretty close to a gram.

I'll let you all know if this is for real or if its just some internet placebo scam....

Ok so I'm just gonna swill back a heaping 1/4 teaspoon of this powder. I'm figuring that's pretty close to a gram.

I'll let you all know if this is for real or if its just some internet placebo scam....

haha if you do it right you will know its real

some people got ripped off so they gave kratom a bad name....

if you find a good vendor then you are set for a good time....

I'm excited. UEI is the one I wanted to try. Can't wait to hear the effects from a fellow anxiety sufferer.

Took two grams, swilled it back with warm water. Not a bad taste - just kinda tastes like herbal tea.

The effects came on very gradual but after about an hour I was feeling VERY good. Very sedating. Surprisingly euphoric. Makes music sound more vivid. Nothing bothers me right now. I feel very good and relaxed. Kinda slows down reaction time and speech.

I could be content to just lie flat and listen to music right now. I definitely will be doing this again. Surprisingly effective product.

Oh yeah - and I took it after not eating anything for about 4 hours.

I guessed 2 grams was approximately 1/2 teaspoon. Damn I'm noddin' pretty good right now.

Kratom UEI delivers as good of a euphoria as hydrocodone, but its much more sedating. With hydrocodone I could drive and do anything else normally, but with Kratom UEI I just wanna snuggle up in a nice warm spot and enjoy the ride.

For me, 2 grams Kratom UEI = 20mg Hydrocodone, but with a smoother more sedating feel. I probably could drive and work etc on Kratom, but I just don't want to. I just want to relax and enjoy the buzz.

Just to update - I took a slightly heaping 1/2 teaspoon full last night.

This morning no side effects or withdrawl. Feel great. Slept like a baby. Definitely recommend this product.

Kratom UEI delivers as good of a euphoria as hydrocodone, but its much more sedating. With hydrocodone I could drive and do anything else normally, but with Kratom UEI I just wanna snuggle up in a nice warm spot and enjoy the ride.

For me, 2 grams Kratom UEI = 20mg Hydrocodone, but with a smoother more sedating feel. I probably could drive and work etc on Kratom, but I just don't want to. I just want to relax and enjoy the buzz.

I disagree. I feel like kratom is extremely stimulating. With other opiates I want to relax. With kratom, I clean my house from top to bottom and dance...