• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best way to measure out grams? And Kratom

NagasakiNightmare

Bluelighter
1 tablespoon, a measuring one, is 5 grams isn't it, if you level it off?
Also is 2.5g enough Kratom leaf to feel it the first time? Is it safe to mix with <200mg codeine (and phenergan) ? Are they cross-tolerant? thank you.

The best way would be a scale, but I assume using a teaspoon would give you a ballpark estimate if you had information about how many grams of kratom are in a teaspoon. I think it would be safe to mix the three.

I guess my measurements aren't accurate because 1 tablespoon of robotussin is 5mL, I don't know what the hell i'm doing. but I made tea with 1/2 a tablespoon of this decent Bali powder and I'm gonna see where it takes me. I'm starting to feel something come on, at what point would it be safe to mix in the codeine? 1 hour?

dont know what kratom is ?? But ............

Dont know what you r trying to measure - lol - but anyway .................

i am fairly sure "if i am not mistaken" (derrr...) - but when we needed to measure some solid (hash - in the UK - lol) - on some scales (of course - "a la cheapo" - but accurate) - a 1 penny weighed 3.5grams !!

So if you can get a "british" penny - just get some lever system - either string or ruler (the lighter the better) - perhaps an ice cream (fat (magnum - heck IDK)) stick - or what they use at the dentist to look into your mouth - u know - level it - mark out 2 identical distances from edge - with fulcrum in the middle - without goods - then when balanced place penny and dope on other side !

- Then divide powder into 3.5 portions - rofl - hahahahaaaaaa

Hey if you have time and are desperate etc - use your imagination !!

Basically i am fairly sure a (UK - British) 1 penny weighs 3.5 grams

Hope i remember correctly - and it is useful !!

BTW - I rail so much - i currently use like a nasal unblocker bottle every 2 days !! (d**k sizeing) - just to keep it all hidden - also does the job on many / or / major lines !!

hahahahaaa - nice post - i like these cause people can be so funny / helpful and innovative !!

psych

love me dont hate me !!

a penny is equal to 3.5 grams and there is a method for weighing it involving a ruler. measuring weight by size is a bad method as density cannot be accounted for

A nickel weighs exactly 5 grams. I use it to check if my scales calibrated. It cost less than 10 bucks on amazon and it's a damn good scale for cheap.

Last edited:
pofacedhoe said:
a penny is equal to 3.5 grams and there is a method for weighing it involving a ruler. measuring weight by size is a bad method as density cannot be accounted for

Thx - i fully agree - the ""only"" volume (mass) that is equal to its weight (on earth) - is ""pure"" water !!

(EDIT: sorrry above not technically correct: What i mean is that "only" (u know) say 1 Litre of Pure Water (which is a volume measurement) = 1 Kilo (a mass measurement) / so i mili-Litre of pure water weighs the same as 1 gram - just a technicallity we were all aware of !! - So a Litre of say mercury will weigh more than a kilo - my guess - LOL)

Tsukasa said:
A nickel weighs exactly 5 pr .5 grams on my scale. I use it to check if my scales calibrated. It cost less than 10 bucks on amazon and it's a damn good scale for cheap.

Same as above - very GOOD info !!

Love each other and be humble !! - "Loyalty above all else - Except honour" !!

Last edited:
NagasakiNightmare said:
1 tablespoon, a measuring one, is 5 grams isn't it, if you level it off?
Also is 2.5g enough Kratom leaf to feel it the first time?
If I remember correctly its in the ballpark. And no, 2.5 grams probably won't make you feel much. I had to do 8+ grams and it still wasn't even as good as a few hydros. Even when it does feel good you usually end up with the worst nausea and the inability to piss. Fuck kratom.

it depends on the Kratom as the weight various between the different types/extracts but on average one level Teaspoon is equal to 3g.

it depends on the Kratom as the weight various between the different types/extracts but on average one level Teaspoon is equal to 3g.

This is precisely correct (although slightly heaped Id say). And with the good stuff, two tspns is enough to get most people chillin. :D

4 grams is recommended for a first time experience. I doubt that you would even feel 2.5 grams of leaf.

I've used Kratom in the past. I usually boil 20g of crushed leaf and distill twice

that seems to give me a very nice euphoria for a good amount of time. I see all these threads and I have never dealt with the extract, but I'm wondering if there is a better way method of injestion than what I'm doing?

Are there differences in the leaves vs. the powder vs. the resin extract?? and what are they?

I am also currently on about 2mg of Suboxone daily, I kicked an opiate habit a few months ago and been on the subbies since. I'm started at 16mg subs (8/8) a day, now down to just a quarter of an 8mg in the morning.

Does anyone know if the effects of Kratom will be blocked by the low dose of suboxone in my body?? I don't wanna waste 20g of leaf. I know the suboxone binds to the opiiod receptors to block any other opiod from binding, but I'm not sure if these receptors are the same that the kratom binds to??

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

stay safe

I've used Kratom in the past. I usually boil 20g of crushed leaf and distill twice

that seems to give me a very nice euphoria for a good amount of time. I see all these threads and I have never dealt with the extract, but I'm wondering if there is a better way method of injestion than what I'm doing?

Are there differences in the leaves vs. the powder vs. the resin extract?? and what are they?

I am also currently on about 2mg of Suboxone daily, I kicked an opiate habit a few months ago and been on the subbies since. I'm started at 16mg subs (8/8) a day, now down to just a quarter of an 8mg in the morning.

Does anyone know if the effects of Kratom will be blocked by the low dose of suboxone in my body?? I don't wanna waste 20g of leaf. I know the suboxone binds to the opiiod receptors to block any other opiod from binding, but I'm not sure if these receptors are the same that the kratom binds to??

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers

stay safe

Some opioids work perfectly on suboxone, including kratom and tramadol.

I don't like the leaf. Get the powdered leaf instead. I usually get enhanced bali powder. Thai is less euphoric and more physically stimulating. Put your dose of powdered kratom in a cup (For me 4-5 grams of the stuff I get is enough for a single dose), and also put in an ice cube. Boil some water and pour it over the kratom and ice. The icecube will cool down the boiling water to a temperature that won't harm any of the good alkaloids, while still keeping it hot enough to let the kratom dissolve and not deposit on the sides. Let it seep for a while, and stir it well. Down the whole thing along with the powder. This way is much nastier than your way. It looks like swamp water and the texture alone is enough to make you puke. But it's less wasteful than strained leaf tea. To improve the taste, put in LOTS of lemon or lime juice and put in lots of ice or pop it in the freezer for a while.

i tried kratom recently and was disappointed, I bought an ounce of it and took it all in the space of 16 hours, slight buzz but that was it. Very annoying!

if its you're first time doing kratom then i would advise against mixing it with any other opiate... once you have come to grips with the effect, your ideal dosage, then reduce that dosage a bit and take the codeine with it.

Some opioids work perfectly on suboxone, including kratom and tramadol.

I don't like the leaf. Get the powdered leaf instead. I usually get enhanced bali powder. Thai is less euphoric and more physically stimulating. Put your dose of powdered kratom in a cup (For me 4-5 grams of the stuff I get is enough for a single dose), and also put in an ice cube. Boil some water and pour it over the kratom and ice. The icecube will cool down the boiling water to a temperature that won't harm any of the good alkaloids, while still keeping it hot enough to let the kratom dissolve and not deposit on the sides. Let it seep for a while, and stir it well. Down the whole thing along with the powder. This way is much nastier than your way. It looks like swamp water and the texture alone is enough to make you puke. But it's less wasteful than strained leaf tea. To improve the taste, put in LOTS of lemon or lime juice and put in lots of ice or pop it in the freezer for a while.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe Tramadol is technically an opiate, so I can see how that might work while on Suboxone. But kratom does tickle the receptors, I"m just not sure if they are the same opiod receptors that the suboxone is occupying?? Do you have any firsthand knowledge of people on subs taking kratom??

I get the crushed leaf, I pulled a reciped from the internet and it was for the leaf so that's what I've always done. I hear the otehr stuff is more speedy in comparison and I dont really like speedy, I like euphoria! You say indonesian is more euphoric than Thai?? Do you mind me asking where you get yours? I get mine from arena ethnobotanicals, good price, quality and fast delivery.

For the guy who tried it and didn't get anything from it, it might be an issue of how you consumed it. I was skeptical of the strength of kratom, but after taking it, I was pleasantly surprised. Much more of a 'drug' than I thought it'd be.

I might be wrong, but I don't believe Tramadol is technically an opiate, so I can see how that might work while on Suboxone. But kratom does tickle the receptors, I"m just not sure if they are the same opiod receptors that the suboxone is occupying?? Do you have any firsthand knowledge of people on subs taking kratom??

I get the crushed leaf, I pulled a reciped from the internet and it was for the leaf so that's what I've always done. I hear the otehr stuff is more speedy in comparison and I dont really like speedy, I like euphoria! You say indonesian is more euphoric than Thai?? Do you mind me asking where you get yours? I get mine from arena ethnobotanicals, good price, quality and fast delivery.

For the guy who tried it and didn't get anything from it, it might be an issue of how you consumed it. I was skeptical of the strength of kratom, but after taking it, I was pleasantly surprised. Much more of a 'drug' than I thought it'd be.

Tramadol actually has very little effect on mu opioid receptors. But it's M1 metabolite is a strong mu-opioid receptor agonist. But I don't know the mechanism behind tramadol and it's metabolite not being blocked by suboxone.

I can't post my source, that would be a bannable offense. You'd have to PM me or hit me up on AIM. I dislike the thai as well, that's why i always go for the bali or indo. Though just recently i've tried an ultra enhanced indo with red thai. I suppose they balance each other out. It was simultaneously speedy and sedating. Like energy without any tension or anxiety.

Sorry to ask the source, I didn't realize till after I wrote it you can't say sources. I found the most popular two I believe.

I have never tried the powdered, but I got some of the powdered maeng do, pimp grade or whatever. Curious as to how that is.

I have a feeling that the suboxone is going to block the effects. That is if the effects from Kratom come from binding on the mu opiod receptors. I know the main alkoloid is the 7-something, but I don't know if that plays with the mu receptor or not??

I just don't wanna waste the stuff is all.

Sorry to ask the source, I didn't realize till after I wrote it you can't say sources. I found the most popular two I believe.

I have never tried the powdered, but I got some of the powdered maeng do, pimp grade or whatever. Curious as to how that is.

I have a feeling that the suboxone is going to block the effects. That is if the effects from Kratom come from binding on the mu opiod receptors. I know the main alkoloid is the 7-something, but I don't know if that plays with the mu receptor or not??

I just don't wanna waste the stuff is all.

yea that 7-hydroxymytraginine (or whatever it's called), binds to mu-receptors. But from personal experience and the experience of anyone else that's combined the two has reported that the kratom worked perfectly. It sounds contradictory, but it's true.