• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Awkward Acid Moments Youve had

it was one of the weirdest events that ACTUALLY happened while on a phsycedlic..I wasn't tripping that's what scared me,it was like.. whoa weird stuff happens in real life too ...no way.

That's amazing, MistaSmokalot... thanks for telling us, I'm sure that would have put me off tripping for a while as well. :)

i talked to a cop once trippin my balls of on acid, without me realizing that she actually was a cop. nothing happened though, i did´nt get arrested or anything. she just went away.

way back in high school calling my parents and when asked what i had been up to all afternoon said something to the effect of "[third person reference to myself] has been [doing thing i was going to go do...had not done yet]....followed by 'OH SHIT!!!" and a hangup... haha, that was a tough one to explain... (my parents were very into knowing exactly what was going on always...so my thought process prior to the call was that it would help me feel less anxious about my parents somehow knowing that leaving on a saturday for 12 hours meant lsd)

also, back in high school coming home drunk (having ate the stuff maybe 45 minutes prior) about to have the first really really really big experience i had on psychedelics (outta body time travel weirdness)...and having my dad stop me and ask me why i was messed up. "are you drunk?" normally this would have been a crime to admit as my parents hated when i did stuff like that, but knowing what was up responded 'yes...i am SOOOOOO drunk, damn i suck, should probably go to bed now.' went upstairs and lost myself 10 minutes later....THANK GOD we didn't have to have a family talk right then ;)

usually on psychedelics i get soooo confused around people...thinking someone is my soulmate...thinking friends don't want me around....not being able to communicate or thinking the fact that someone is looking at me is a really really bad thing...of course it goes the other way too....

...also, i feel the need sometimes to ask people how they are doing and confuse their facial expressions as having a bad time or whatnot..i wonder how much of this is a reflection of myself on them...

of course other times i swear that i see things that people won't admit to...(and i'm sure them me)..which makes communication difficult, if not impossible..

once at a festival hearing 'i am so glad we didn't eat acid tonight' after having eaten a ton by myself not too far prior....hrm...ended up chilling in the woods trying to figure that one out...

...once at a festival in the middle of a big musical collaboration a beautiful girl came up to me and asked what time it was. I had helped build some projection domes for the festival and she was a fire dancer, so we had talked briefly and semi-awkwardly before the festival got into swing, but hadn't seen her since then. Also, we both had come to the festival by ourselves (no significant others or friends). Anyway, I looked into her eyes and could tell she was tripping just as hard as I was...but well, being the kind of person i am, decided that i wasn't worthy of her attention or something and resigningly said 'no...no...i don't...sorry' even though i had a watch on and she could see it. I wasn't really answering her question about time...more about my headspace and that i didn't deem myself worthy of her attention/whatever :(

that one moment i'll probably never forget...was way into the everything happens for a reason gig for my own good, and really felt like the girl was just using that as a way to talk to me...and that i was blowing my moments (and a chance with someone who actually was like me)....who knows ;)

haha, confusing stuff...had to take a break since last november...but now that the sun is shining so much.. hrmm.... :)

edit...ooh yes, and once last summer actually believing that i blew a shot with god (well god being the singular and plural everything that at the time i felt was encompassing a particular festival at a particular moment)...and i got scared due to seeing anxiety in my friend...and honestly not trusting myself enough to handle the trip (someone dosed the alcohol..and the mixer....)

...ended up starting to feel the amazing oneness until the kpins kicked in and i just lost it....fuck....that night EVERYONE was talking about god in the sense we were talking about god 3 hours earlier while dosing that day...ended up freaking some people due to them seeing me in such a confused and scared state....oh and some of those people were randoms i had know several years prior, but hadn't talked to a very long time... some people were trying to talk me down but it was like....no you don't understand...you can't talk me down from this...i blew it on a cosmic scale

Last edited:
MistaSmokalot said:
Ok. So this happened about 4 years ago, I stopped using mushrooms about 3 years ago due to the amount of anxiety I was ALWAYS feeling on them, it's hard to reminisce about this; it giving me shivers, that's how mentally distrurbing I felt at the time...I like shivers though.

I picked up some insane mushrooms, they where being home grown by a close dealer friend and they where the amazonian cubensies strain (if that matters). I had a half ounce, this was to be evenly distributed by 3 of us. I was 16 at this time, but I was a tripper, loving my blotters but truly into the shroom world. The 2 other dudes I was with, I met on overgrow forums, I don't even know if those are still around anymore, but I had hooked these guys up before and smoked with them occasionally, they where university students in my area, so I trusted them of course !!
As far as I know we were all relatively experienced people in life and lighter side of drugs, I was wrongggg
We ate an eighth and a half (doing the math I think it comes out to that, or something like that), and hit the vaporizer and just hung around. We were at one of the university guys house. It was a basement suit and an old lady lived upstairs, I seen her a couple times, no big deal, total low key neighborhood. It was late late afternoon, after dinner and summertime, in my opinion a key time to eat mushrooms. We bullshit for a bit, smoke a bunch of weed and just kinda get impatient. We have alice in wonderland but we are not about to force ourselves to watch it with no visuals (lol). So a great idea comes to our minds to go to the beach, the beach is awesome....so we go and everythings cool, I def start feeling mushy, doing stupid stuff, we go and light a nice small campfire, some people come around and it's peaceful. This is about an hour and a half in, so we are starting on our peak, we stop the fire and start heading to the house.
Now, I have no fucking clue why we where so adamant about going back, we woulda been fine at the beach by the fire all night. It's dark by this time, and I know the area FAIRLY well but I'm following the university student for some reason. I swear the road that his house was like a road into hell or something.
We are laughing and smiling and totaly starting to peak and all of a sudden we are passing by cars on the street and these white cars all have POLICE on the side of them and have lights on the top.... these where not regular passenger cars they where fucking COP cruisers (Im from a big but small city, I'm not worried about cops being real big dorks, just some)....but this was a straight up stand off or something there was, car, car, car, car, car on BOTH sides, I was trying to comprehend what had just gone on until I walk right by my buddies house.. I dont even know it but I see a MOB of cops in front of A house... not thinking it was my buddies, I kept following him until the end of the street......

We all look at each other and go... WHAT THE FUCK... what the fuck

and at this point we are peaking, and this has thrown anxiety into the situation and we are FEEDING off each others anxiety so much we are just tripping real bad.

cars are going up and down the street at AMAZING pace, there is (wolves) howling and shit is NOT funny or laughable, it is dark and scary...I try to talk to the friends I was with but they just kept saying... I know what you mean man, I know, just be quiet.

This craziness and mind tripping state keeps going, unfortunately I guess, my mushrooms where bomb (I knew they where). We dont even touch that area for like 3-4 hours (his house that is)..We really dont want to have anything to do with that, If I wasnt with people as old as I was with (I was 16, they where late twenties) I think it would of been alot more hectic, these guys where doing everything right to stop the bad tripping...it just wouldnt stop.
We end up walking the area streets and go back to the beach we where at before...it was NOT the same..we could not get back to the good feeling.. no matter HOWWWWW much we all tried so hard to do.

On our walks I met a few people who I hadn't seen for a REALLY long time, I really was in no mood for a friendly reunion' at that point, I really wish I hadn't seen people I knew, It just made the coincidental situation so much worse. I was nice anyways.

About 4 hours or so in, and the effects still obviously present we get the courage to go back to the 'crime scene'. Wow, guess what.....MORE COPS, A SWAT LOOKING VAN (I didnt even know we had that kind of ammo here), a road block, and a bunch of worried looking people...JESUS CHRIST. whatever, at this point we were expecting worse, whatever that could be. We go up to the scene and I stay in the background, (I still haver some killer weed on me and I dont want the cops to make my night the worst night ever times 2) and says hes the basement tenant of the downstairs suite, he tells the cops what happened to us , minus the tripping part, LOL, and they didnt let us know ANYTHING.
45 minutes goes by and they finally tel us the situation...When we left the premises either while we where eating the shrooms, or slightly after we left a suicidal mental patient who had some charges on him for assault etc etc had broken into the house and had called the police while inside and started freaking out....
Why our house?
It was his mothers house, and supposedly he had done this before, but not as hectic..and he did not break into the basement suite rather the upstairs suite.
Where was the mother, who tha funk knows, but she wasnt there.

Cops broke down my buddies door, etc etc (see pics, brings back memories) and we ended the night watching alice in wonderland and somewhat trying to visualize what the day could've been like if we had just sat watching that at the starting...One of the guys was quite shaken, said he wouldn't wanna dose like that with mushrooms ever again..I don't blame him.

Now, That is fucked up! That's some crazy shit.. I don't even know how I would handle a situation like that..lol.

I don't really feel like typing any long stories right now.. But most of my situations have been me being paranoid.. Conversations.. Uneasy tension that isn't even there..lol.. Thinks to that matter. Taking things differently, etc.

freespiritedmind

Good to see somebody else has had some really simerler experiences I have had.

i was tripping so hard off an 8th of shrooms i had to lay on my bed and they literally knocked me out. i was going through light tunnels and had no control of my body. two friends who only ate half 8ths were chillin in some chairs in my room, one was smokin a cig.

clinging onto reality by a thread, i heard one of them ask for an ashtray but my tripping brain interpreted it as "this cig is gonna burn the house down" so i jumped out of my bed, grabbed the cig out of his hand and smothered it under the rug.

some more weird shit happened but that was the funniest. both of my experienced friends said they had never tripped so hard before and it was only a half 8th. it was only my 2nd time and i ate a full 8th so it was the most intense experience ever.

I've always associated acid with exactly these sorts of surreal "What the fucking fuck?" moments. It's part of what I love so very much about it.

I got into acid as a Freshman in college (like one or two other people, I'm sure. ;)), and had the benefit of having friends introduce me to it who were experienced and knowledgeable, one of whom was an O. Chem major, etc. The most memorable moments are with those guys.

1) Like our friend "Shaggy" (who wasn't enrolled in the university at the time) hanging out with us one night tripping balls, when an RA came around to check us for curfew since we were apparently making a shit ton of noise. Rather than get us all in trouble for being there "after hours" (small, private college-- liberal ideology, conservative rules), he decided he would climb out the window and hang onto the ledge by his fingertips for about 60 seconds until the RA left rather than get busted...

2) The first time I did acid, at "Shaggy"'s apartment, along with "E" and "N." I was completed unprepared for the mindfuck when it first hit me, and ended up rampaging about the place like a monster, taking mouthfuls of Mountain Dew and spraying it all over the place. If I'd been anyone else they would have kicked my ass, but instead they took care of me, and even had a laugh about it once I'd calmed down. Shaggy's friends who were there who didn't know us and who weren't tripping were always incredibly wary around me after that incident.

3) Tripping absolute nuts in "E"'s apartment. We'd been talking all morning, listening to The Orb and bullshitting non-stop. We decided to order pizza. The delivery man got there and I was peaking hard, while E went out to pay and procure the food. I can remember being confused, and feeling like the whole scenario was just taking entirely too long. I knew how much difficulty E must be having trying to maintain non-insane social interaction, and decided that making it more difficult for him by injecting insanity into the situation would be appropriate. I grabbed his hockey stick and proceeded to beat on the metal door of the apartment as hard as I could, screaming at the top of my lungs and howling obscenities. Obviously convinced that he was about to be robbed, beaten, and perhaps raped by the madman in the apartment, the pizza guy shoved the delivery into E's hands and ran to his car, without bothering to make change. As far as I'm concerned he deserved the tip. To my knowledge E never had the balls to order pizza from that place again.

4) Later in the same year as (1), E and I were hanging out, once again tripping our balls off. We'd gone down to the communal area of the dorm to watch the Stanley Cup on the TV there. The school was pretty intimate, and you didn't have to worry about people fucking with your stuff. I had some friends who weren't really enrolled and occasionally needed a place to crash, and so I made a habit of not locking my dorm room door. We watched a bit of the game, then decided to head back to the room for more acid-inspired craziness. I opened the door (which was still completely unlocked) and found Shaggy sitting on one of my beds with a huge styrofoam cooler filled with 1 pound bags of marijuana. My mind was blown, so I closed the door, looked at E, took a deep breath, and then opened the door again, because I was convinced that I'd hallucinated the sight. (Shaggy sold pot at the time, and had just brought the results of his "resupply run" back to the room to weigh out bags). There was also the time during Parents Weekend where he casually strolled into my room with a gravity bong under his arm, and talked about how hot he was because he'd just walked all the way across campus....... carrying this oversized drug paraphernalia. My acid-induced paranoia was piqued for a while.

5) Tripping one night, I decided to call our mutual friend "G" to hook up some coke (it seemed like a good idea at the time). I remember being upset that I couldn't get ahold of him, because I also wanted him to come drop with us, and chill out and be crazy. I burned his phone up 10 or 20 times. Finally I gave up, and about 20 minutes later had a call from "E." He said, "Have you heard about G?" I told him no, but that I'd just been trying to call him to party and blow some lines. He said, "Yeah, well you might want to stop, because he just got arrested for murder." That was one of those nights where you realize the party really CAN end, and that the piper always gets paid... :(

Lots of crazy stories. Some bad, but overwhelmingly good. These kinds of things are the experiences I love most about acid, murder charges (and convictions, and subsequent life sentences...) notwithstanding.

I dropped 2 sugar cubes, each with 2 hits of acid on them during my Study Of The Arts class last semester. Thought it'd be fun b/c we were planning on talking about optical illusions and were gunna look at some pretty cool pictures.

Everything was going great for the first half of class (this is a 2 hour 45 min class) I was having a blast and was just in my own little world of joy and happiness.

Then our professor told us for the last 30 minutes of class we'd be having an in-class essay. (in reality it wasnt much of a big deal, not that many points and it only had to be a page in length, but i was on acid and started to get pretty nervous)

I pulled out a piece of paper and tried to write something down, however no matter how hard I tried, I absolutely could not touch the pen to the paper, for some reason they resisted each other stronger than I could overcome.

Ended up walking out of class with about 10 minutes left, with very very very sweaty palms, HUGE pupils, and looking very silly. It was especially humiliating after class when a couple of my buddies asked me why I walked out of class, and of course I was unable to communicate to them my situation.

It ended up being an overall very wierd trip, walking around campus during the night was sublime, but later on in the night the acid became a bit overwhelming for me (paint was dripping off the walls in my room, little white snakes with black stripes covered the ceiling, extremely vivid visuals)

I felt rather dumb when our teacher was passing back our essays (also i should mention there's only about 16 people in our class)

This thread is fantastic.

I haven't had any awkward moments myself but I always trip with the GF only. But last time my friend T tripped she tried to vaccum up my friend C with a dust buster. No idea what went through her head but she looked so scared after she realized what she was trying to do and that everybody was just staring at her.

About 9 hours later T was supposed to work and tried calling in sick. When her boss answered the phone she paniced and the best she could come up with was "I'm standing on a puddle and my mind is not here, therefore I cannot work".

So my friends parents went out of town for a few nights and it was my day/night over in that state so basically it was a perfect time to trip. His parents though because of previous experiences with parties being held when they were gone had the neighbors watch the house and make sure there isn't anything going on. This wasn't that big of a deal. Anyway so fast forwarding to around 9 at night roughly 6 hours after dropping we heard a door bell. The bell rang like 3 or 4 rapid times in a row. This scared the shit out of us 4 guys tripping and we started basically yelling like, get in the bathroom hid, hid. One sober guy or well, coming of a roll, went to the door to see who it was, and apperently it was a girl scout selling us cookies. Ended up being one of the most hilarious situations.

^ Oh yes, the catheter in the dick, most definitely awkward (acid or nay).

One time I walked in to a gas station with my best friend while we were tripping, I then realized that I had no money on me, nor could I remember what I came in for. So I look around the store a bit and got really paranoid that they thought I was stealing, so I yell "I DIDNT STEAL ANYTHING" and booked out the door, and then accidently knocked down some emo kid....it was weird

GratefulFloyd said:
One time I walked in to a gas station with my best friend while we were tripping, I then realized that I had no money on me, nor could I remember what I came in for. So I look around the store a bit and got really paranoid that they thought I was stealing, so I yell "I DIDNT STEAL ANYTHING" and booked out the door, and then accidently knocked down some emo kid....it was weird
LOL

My most horrible paranoid LSD moment.
This is at a rave first time on cid, buddy whos a dealer some how convinced me to take 3 hits, about 4.5 hours in im sitting on the side seats with my girlfreind when a dude comes up to me and introduces himself to me, i give him my rave name, Flow, and all of a sudden this dude just bursts out rapping (thinking im telling him to rap) and im so shocked by the way his face looks and his fast yelling i slowly back up into my girlfreind while the whole time he thinks im making fun of his rap. Girfreind finally comes in and explains the situatuion and he laughs and walks away. Never did it again.

ive only had one awkward acid moment, and that was my 2nd time dropping. the trip was going pretty strong, stronger than i had expected but it was still manageble. i was with 3 of my friends, all sober (except weed), my closest friend had to make a run to meet another friend, and would be gone for like 15 minutes at max. so while hes explaining to me what he is going to do, i glance over at my other friends and i see this GIANT sinister grin spread over one of my friends face, this kinda freaks me out and i blurt out "are they plotting to kill me??!?!".. my friend didnt end up going on that 15 minute ride after i said that hahah

Thizznkandi said:
My most horrible paranoid LSD moment.
This is at a rave first time on cid, buddy whos a dealer some how convinced me to take 3 hits, about 4.5 hours in im sitting on the side seats with my girlfreind when a dude comes up to me and introduces himself to me, i give him my rave name, Flow, and all of a sudden this dude just bursts out rapping (thinking im telling him to rap) and im so shocked by the way his face looks and his fast yelling i slowly back up into my girlfreind while the whole time he thinks im making fun of his rap. Girfreind finally comes in and explains the situatuion and he laughs and walks away. Never did it again.

LOL :! =D