• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5 Methyl MDA

Electronegativity is a useful concept when considered alongside with atomic size in both organic chemistry and pharmacology.

F is the most electronegative (electron withdrawing) halogen, but it is only about the size of a H atom. All attached halogens have three pairs of lone pairs of electrons. F is basically useless by itself; for example, 4-FA is only about a 1/3rd as good as regular amphetamine. Next, is Cl; Cl is you best bet as far as the halogens go. Take a perusal of the Physician's Desk Reference and you will find Cl aplenty represented in psychoactive drug structures. Br is heavier than Cl and is too toxic; bromazepam, for instance, is the one of the few benzodiazepines that causes liver damage. I is the largest/heaviest and most electropositive halogen, but it makes for weak psychedelics.

3,4-dichloroamphetamine has shown the most potential in animals studies as far as level of self-administering, a measure of addiction potential. Addiction potential is related to the dopamine neurotransmitter system. I would suggest
3,4-dichlormethcathinone perhaps. I say 3,4-dichloro over plain 4-chloro because the former is a closer analogue to dopamine. Reinforcing dopamine is the whole point of addictive drug design. An aromatic Cl functional group is somewhat similar to a hydroxy but crosses the blood brain barrier a lot better. Cl is basically
non-toxic.

So what is the consensus on this and/or has anyone performed any testing? Being that it affects primarily serotonin by weight ratio comparison to mda would we expect it to be primarily psychedelic and slight empathenogenic?

Would this be considered an analogue?

I have access to this and I am wondering what to expect and what would be a good starting dosage. I weigh 160lbs.

Even if no one has direct experience, is there a report anywhere out there on it's activity?

Im shocked that noone has anything at all to add. Lol. Yall are hidin it huh? Lol. jk.

I dont think it will be much like as the report described, probly more like TMA(trippy-mescaliny)

this could be coming soon from a well trusted vendor. i would like to find out whether it will be worthwhile and its legal status in the uk (legal i would of thought)

I never knew this was so attention catching for such a long time. Its synthesis has been at hand for ages so there's no chemical brainstorms about next steps (e.g. as it might be with 5-methylhydromorphone, well, just came to my mind because I spent some time on it and without literature one may rack one's brains... also "5-methyl" is just a coincidence). It's definitely not for MDMA-lovers in my opinion. Anyway, I'm curious at what price a random vendor is going to rip off people. ;) (it's not a question, I don't want an answer)

this could be coming soon from a well trusted vendor. i would like to find out whether it will be worthwhile and its legal status in the uk (legal i would of thought)

this is illegal in the uk for sure.

this is illegal in the uk for sure.
cheers for clearing that up.
ive read the only trip report on here is bs too but it will be from a really public vendor doubt they would go to the trouble synthing it if its not worthwhile in the long run.

5-me-MDA sounds like a great chem "on paper". Then again there have been other chems that were good "on paper" that were total disappointments...

This is coming... and its going to be cheap compared to some other chems per dose...

Speculation on effects? I can't imagine it not being better than methylone, butylone, naphyrone, MDPV, Meph, etc, by a LONG shot...

5-me-MDA sounds like a great chem "on paper". Then again there have been other chems that were good "on paper" that were total disappointments...

Yeah but none of those were actual amphetamines were they?

Before we start shoving random powders up our noses that are labeled 5-Methyl-MDA, lets keep in mind that the reason this is 'showing up in the UK' is the same reason 5-IAI was brought in (and last I checked, it still hasn't been NMR/IR verified, and trip reports have varied wildly as vendors ditch random cocktails/banned products under incorrect names).

Well if this shows up as another NRG-something or benzofurydrone-whatever then it's pretty safe to say it's better to forget it...

- on another note, I see a lot of wholesalers are stocking this now.

I've heard from someone that 3-methoxy-4-methylamphetamine was a good substitute for MDA plus it seems to be non neurotoxic, at least according to David E. Nichols.
The N methylated version might be even better I suppose. Anyone with more info on it?

MMA? Never tried, but it was sold some time ago I think... there were some reports of it on BL.