• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5 Methyl MDA

This is being synthed overseas but sold domestically. Its not another 5IAI or benzos fury or Meph. This is a very promising analog of MMDA if I'm not mistaken.

At least one very reputable vendor is offering this.

Which is not to say the places which like to put a different label on the same bullshit every two weeks won't continue to do so.

Some psychedelics are pretty euphoric. Think 5-MeO-DALT, 2C-I, etc.

I would personally go with neither. It doesn't resemble the beauty of MDMA's euphoria and empathy or MDA's darker and more "twisted" euphoria with still mild psychedelic effects. And I also stated in some thread that MDAI/MDAT are interesting, yet never put the superior to MDMA. This never-ending search for qualitative MDMA substitute in vendors' menu drives some crazy. ;)

Yeah, I mean 5-Me-MDA up there in the first line. All those SSRAs are disappointments for me, this is not what I look for. 5-Me-MDA is also shitty at bringing up states similar to what MDMA has to offer. I mean, I don't want to overrate MDMA but it's been lately put vs. some drugs that aren't even a patch on it (e.g. mephedrone discussed all the time).

Last edited:
I would personally go with neither. It doesn't resemble the beauty of MDMA's euphoria and empathy or MDA's darker and more "twisted" euphoria with still mild psychedelic effects. And I also stated in some thread that MDAI/MDAT are interesting, yet never put the superior to MDMA. This never-ending search for qualitative MDMA substitute in vendors' menu drives some crazy. ;)

You've tried it?

Once for sure myself and I don't believe it's seen a lot of evaluation of people I worked on this with (synth is crazy and totally not worth it). I can tell you for sure it didn't make me hear some voices and it had no empathogenic value like you could take a 20mg pill and feel MDMA-like magic.

There are things that it can be mixed with though that could add the missing properties... did you have a serious hangover? Maybe higher doses?

I'm honestly losing faith in these... 5-Methyl-MDA and now they are talking about synthing 4-Desoxy-MDA (6-APBD) ... someone just needs to come up with a prodrug... it can't be THAT hard to do at least on a chemistry basis... preferably one that would have to be taken orally to be broken down into the effective compound so idiots can't go around railing the shit like candy.

That t-pentyloxycarbonyl-MDMA that someone was considering here would probably be worthwhile...

You know what? After reading about both 5-me-MDA and MMA, I'm starting to think that 3-methoxy-5-methylamphetamine might be a really good compound...

You know what? After reading about both 5-me-MDA and MMA, I'm starting to think that 3-methoxy-5-methylamphetamine might be a really good compound...

To quote Shulgin, "the 4-position is where the action is". You might get somewhere with 5-methyl-4-desoxy-MDA, but I don't see much potential there either.

5-methylthio-MDA might be pretty interesting, though.

I'm pretty sure it would be a plain stimulant.

did you have a serious hangover? Maybe higher doses?

No, I didn't. And concerning going higher - why go higher if you know the drug isn't worth it (at dose when some serious dopamine action would start, serotonin releasing propeteries would kill it anyway on paper and in real life - who knows...).

5 methyl mda

ive had a hell of an experience. one night i had eaten about a half gram of molly and gotten a little drunk then proceded to eat 2 hits of good L. i was told it was just MDA and given by a friend who i just found out it was 5 methyl mda . it came on quick faster than mdma or anything i was fucked up after about 30 min. the visuals were so intense when i looked at my friends tapestries, everything was breathing, morphing, and contorting i was fucked up. with my knowledge i knew this was some research chem once it had kicked in. the body high felt so good it felt like a million tiny pinpricks, like when your foot goes to sleep then wakes up. i was too fucked up at this point in time but not scared at all. i felt so good i ended up just laying on my friends couch and curling up in a blanket and just passed out somehow. i felt slightly different the next day prolly cause the L was still workin, but my friends who also took it said it was trippy as fuck and fun, but after about 4 hours they said it came to an abrupt stop.It was definitely a weird chemical in my opinion but it was likely what i had done earlier that made me feel this way. if i would have known exactly what i had i woulda taken it by itself on a different day.

And what really made you think that what you consumed was actually 5-Methyl-MDA? 500mg is quite a lot as for this chemical dosing. I've never heard/seen it being sold as MDA or MDMA (think what's easier to synthesize for an underground chemist and what has more demand on the market).

And what really made you think that what you consumed was actually 5-Methyl-MDA? 500mg is quite a lot as for this chemical dosing. I've never heard/seen it being sold as MDA or MDMA (think what's easier to synthesize for an underground chemist and what has more demand on the market).

I may be mistaken, but I believe what he meant was that he was already on a half gram of molly (MDMA) and 2 hits of LSD. And that he found out what was given to him as MDA was really 5-methyl-MDA.

A half gram of molly? Jesus, that would just be uncomfortable...

Electronegativity is a useful concept when considered alongside with atomic size in both organic chemistry and pharmacology.

F is the most electronegative (electron withdrawing) halogen, but it is only about the size of a H atom. All attached halogens have three pairs of lone pairs of electrons. F is basically useless by itself; for example, 4-FA is only about a 1/3rd as good as regular amphetamine. Next, is Cl; Cl is you best bet as far as the halogens go. Take a perusal of the Physician's Desk Reference and you will find Cl aplenty represented in psychoactive drug structures. Br is heavier than Cl and is too toxic; bromazepam, for instance, is the one of the few benzodiazepines that causes liver damage. I is the largest/heaviest and most electropositive halogen, but it makes for weak psychedelics.

3,4-dichloroamphetamine has shown the most potential in animals studies as far as level of self-administering, a measure of addiction potential. Addiction potential is related to the dopamine neurotransmitter system. I would suggest
3,4-dichlormethcathinone perhaps. I say 3,4-dichloro over plain 4-chloro because the former is a closer analogue to dopamine. Reinforcing dopamine is the whole point of addictive drug design. An aromatic Cl functional group is somewhat similar to a hydroxy but crosses the blood brain barrier a lot better. Cl is basically
non-toxic.
Wow this guy does not know what he's talking about. The higher the eletronegativity the greater it attracts electrons. Halogens have 7 valence electrons so they can make one bond. 3 free electrons? No. Fluoride is not useless lol, it can completely change how a molecule acts in the brain by changing its polarity, like 4-FA for instance. Just because an atom has bromine in it doesn't make it toxic, it's how the molecule is metabolized and/or how it effects the neurotransmitters. While it's true all addictive drugs release dopamine indirectly or directly there's more to it than trying to mimic the dopamine structure. "Cl is basically non-toxic"... what the fuck!? You just named some of the most neurotoxic drugs known to man. They're intentionally used to kill brain cells!!

Almost everything this guy has said in this thread is inaccurate.

Last edited:
I was one of the very few people who got to try 5-methyl-MDA years ago. I ordered a 100mg sample from my go to vendor. I ordered quality 2C-X & tryptamines reguarly from him. Took 25mg of this substance and it did basically nothing. Lost the rest. I've read it's actually around the same potency as MDA. I don't think I got bunk stuff.

By the way don't take anything pyridinyl_30 said in this thread seriously. Looks like he/she had a manic episode from a stim lol, it happens. Chemistry and quantum physics are hard subjects, it's easy to sound smart with fancy words without understanding what you're talking about.

Last edited:
Looks like someone is producing this one again.

Why is bluelight becoming the new forum for random designer drugs. Wtf this forum is supposed to provide I unbiased hastm Reduction not verndor protection. Wtf