Paco Osuna
Konrad Black
Guido Schneider (live)
Davide Squillace
Paul Ritch (live)
Pan-Pot
Butane
Camea

New York gets an electronic music festival Minitek in mid-September, which will feature three days of techno with sets from Richie Hawtin, Marco Carola, Magda, Guy Gerber and many more.

New Yorkers love to say that anything you need, you can get in New York, but over the last few years one thing the city has lacked is a proper techno festival. Enter the Minimoo crew, who’ve been bringing top minimal/techno artists to the Big Apple, and who are planning two days and two nights of beats this summer.

The lineup so far is top notch: Richie Hawtin, Troy Pierce, Magda, Guy Gerber, Audion and Martin Buttrich are among the dozen or so DJs and live acts that have been confirmed. Stay tuned to RA for more additions as they emerge.

As always with Minimoo, the location is a bit of a secret at first, but those who have been to Minimoo parties in the past will know to expect the best in terms of location and vibe. And you’ll know that it’s going to go on way longer than advertised.

Info here

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:D

guido schneider(de derpirty derp de derp) is the greatest name in the history of the world.

expanded lineup:

Line-up /
Richie Hawtin
Marco Carola
Guy Gerber (live)
Magda
Troy Pierce
Audion aka Matthew Dear (live)
Martin Buttrich (live)
Paco Osuna
Konrad Black
Guido Schneider (live)
Adultnapper/ Alexi Delano
Davide Squillace
Paul Ritch (live)
Jeremy P. Caulfield (live/DJ) - rare live/DJ performance
Pan-Pot
Format:B (live) - US debut!
Exercise One (live)
Monoblock (live) - US debut!
Seph (live) - US debut!
Dilo vs. Gurtz (live) - US debut!
Butane
Camea
Fase M

more names still to come

i'll be there with collin and some others. anyone else going? :)

Too bad it totally flopped to the point where even JJ and Chrissie wanted to go home!

I thought I was standing in line to get in for hours and hours and hours but apparently we all paid money for a block party with no music.

Hmm, and I was feeling bad this weekend that I forgot about it and then couldn't find out where it was. Guess I didn't miss much then?

Minitek 2008

All the bad planning aside due to Minitek's part, I still had a great time this music. Any person I asked about the music said it was on point....This weekend the real party was @ the day venue @ coney island! Musical Highlights from the weekend were Exercise One, Mandy, Tiefschwarz, Heidi, David Squillance, Audion & Francois K! I really hope Minimoo gets their shit together and can produce something better next year. Even if its for a day or two. I think they got ahead of themselves with a crazy 3 day bender of a weekend. What would be even crazier is if Made events took over an event of this magnitude. So whoever didn't go, you missed the crazy lines, but missed a shit load of great sets. Plus almost all the sets were recorded this weekend (and not to approval of the djs)

Yeah, but are you from New York?

Makes it all easier to shrug off when you didn't travel for it

:\

junglejuice said:
Yeah, but are you from New York?

Makes it all easier to shrug off when you didn't travel for it

:\

you are right bout that....i do feel kinda bad for the people that traveled from far away for this...it would have been better if they just undertook the day party and not the night ones....still some people from nyc kept on bitching and couldn't make good of a bad situation