• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Does Meth Make You Stink?

marjie666

Bluelighter
Every time I tweek I notice that I smell like SHIT. There is a distinct odor that seems to be oozing out of my pores. And no matter how much I shower, it's still there. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon?

No. This is a myth. Amphetamines raise your body temperarure and increase your rate of metabolism causing you to sweat more than usual. It's the sweat you smell NOT the meth. My advice...shower more often.

Drink more water... It should keep the sweat more diluted and less stench coming off you... This questions has been answered before, and I encourage you to use the search function before posting in the future.

Originally posted by Dr Gonzo:
No. This is a myth. Amphetamines raise your body temperarure and increase your rate of metabolism causing you to sweat more than usual. It's the sweat you smell NOT the meth. My advice...shower more often.
First the original poster never said it was the meth that smelled. Second your advice is really stupid when the original poster said that no matter how much they shower, it doesn't help.

I hope this helps. Some people do say that it smells like meth...but when you've just snorted or smoked a bunch of meth, you might be just smelling the inside of your nose.
I have heard that when you are fatigued, you excrete ammonia along with sweat... If that's true, then that might be part of your problem. If it isn't, well, then... yeah. ...
Rock on. :^)

Are you sure that has been complaints? For all you know it might be purely physlogical. If it helps, try dousing yourself generously in perfumes and the like, or decorants. It must be a really really strong odour if they don't help.

Exhaustion causes the body to release different chemicals....they stink.
Almost everyone I know won't believe this....
They think they're sweating huge ammounts of speed....Maybe they would tweek forever if they licked each other alot.

Here's some news TheTruth.. meth is an amphetamine. Notice the name methAMPHETAMINE. Dear god, you act like he compared meth to marijuana rather than amphetamine.
-ikarus

This may sound strange, I am a guy, but I started using my girlfriends dove deoderant, and it cured all my possibly drug related stink problems. of course I now smell like a girl, but at least I don't smell like I just came out of the gym. I have been using Dove Dry Roll On (1/4 moisturizing lotion (good for my underarm hair)). It works incredibly well, a few of my friends noticed the improvement, and are now also using the same stuff. I previously tried everything from old spice, to arid, to speed stick, etc.

Originally posted by ikarus:
Here's some news TheTruth.. meth is an amphetamine. Notice the name methAMPHETAMINE. Dear god, you act like he compared meth to marijuana rather than amphetamine.
-ikarus

Thanks for enlightening me. All I said to HIM was that HIS post was pointless, you obviously misunderstood what I wrote.

It might be that the dumpsters you were rumaging through that made you smell bad, think? Just teasing.
I too have noticed that people on speed tend to stink.Meth works by releasing your bodies norepinephirine at times that your body really doesnt need it.Meaning your natural response to a fist-fight would be for these chemicals to release. Now if your just sitting on your ass doing X-word puzzles and you've tricked your body into releasing it flight or fight chemicals, one would think that this un-natural situation would have adverse effects.This being your smelly ass.

i also tend to smell funny when ive taken amphetamine. my piss stinks more too, this might have something to do with "keytones" (sp)
anyone care to shead a little more light on the subject, as i belive this is not a myth. :)

impulsive: I had never thought of the ketone issue, but it would make a lot of sense. Ketones are by-products of the process your body uses when it is forced to break down body fat for energy. You get rid of te ketones in your urine, but it wouldn't suprise me if you also sweated some of them out.
When my Dad was on that wacky Atkins diet he had to test himself for excess ketones because texcess ketones either raise or lower your body's pH and that is no good. Anyway, I recall him smelling funny and reading some stuff about ketones making you, your pee and your breath smell funky. So my theory is: you do meth, most likely don't eat much and your body breaks down your body fat for energy and creates some stinky ketones in the process.

Aside from the ammonia/ketones in sweat theory...there's on other i heard.
Allegedly, when you eat adderall or other amphetamine, there's leftover acid in your stomach which can make your breath smell bad...
I don't know how smoking meth makes breath smell bad, and am curious. I might be wrong on the acid thing...