• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiate rage

aleksavo

Greenlighter
Ive been using codiene (about 150mg per day) on and off for about 5 yrs. Ive noticed when Im in a period of using it - that between doses, i am extremely irritable, angry and prone to private (thank goodness) outbursts of rage. Has anyone else had this side-effect from codeine or other painkillers?

Yes weirldy i used to have this with codeine the first few times

however once your addicted to opiates its more when i wasnt having anything that i was irritable and aggresive

however once your addicted to opiates its more when i wasnt having anything that i was irritable and aggresive

I think that's what his talking about:

aleksavo said:
Ive noticed when Im in a period of using it - that between doses,

Probably just a part of the opioid addiction. I got the same thing when I was hooked on codeine.

Now though, I get pissed off when people interrupt my buzz. Nothing makes me angrier...

Codeine not so much, but other opiates, ESPECIALLY Oxy, I've noticed things irritate me and more and I'm quicker to snap or run my mouth at people. But for me, it's not between doses, it's during. People around me have noticed it.

Jason702 said:
Codeine not so much, but other opiates, ESPECIALLY Oxy, I've noticed things irritate me and more and I'm quicker to snap or run my mouth at people. But for me, it's not between doses, it's during. People around me have noticed it.

Codeine is the opiate that gave more of that in between rage.. Never tried oxy..

DCBAe said:
Codeine is the opiate that gave more of that in between rage.. Never tried oxy..

Well I mean is he talking about withdrawal? Then of course being snappy is normal. I just think it's weird for Oxy. I feel great on it, but at the same time people saying or doing stupid things I notice quicker and comment earlier.

Yes I think its a common effect of opiates, just irritable in general when your on them or needing them. I just got awoken from a very deep oxy nod and im not happy about it but too fucked up to get angry. but in the past ive been pretty pissed off if someone wakes me from a nod and definitely get pissed of when im jonesing for them. I dont remember so much so with codeine, but for me codeine is a drug I take when I feel like being peaceful as opposed to stronger opiates which I take to get really high and nod and if someone disturbs my peace by being loud or trying to talk to me too much, especially about negative things, aggression or just disturbing me it can make for some interesting wake up calls to the "annoyer" letting them know that im trying to chill out and sometimes I dont let them know in the nicest ways.

But people should leave you the fuck alone when your nodding or just chilling.

Are you physically dependant on codeine?

Rage!? Codeine makes me tired - sometimes. Nothing else. No euphoria, no rage. (I just changed 20 codeine pills to 11 Concerta pills with a friend. I won, absolutely!)

Last edited:
I only get opiate rage if somethings killing the buzz, or my dose just ain't doing it for me. Also minor annoying things, like webpages loading too slow or my remote not working tend to make me yell obscenities. Once my PC wouldn't stop lagging and I punched my moniter fairly hard... and it was a CRT lol

Opiates are just lovely like that.

changed the title from "codeine rage" to "opiate rage"

Sending to Drug Culture
(guys, do your magic, whatever you wish, with this thread)

8==========DC

We've discussed this before.

Some people can get really irritable on opiates. I've found that this is the case more so with OC's and with people who are new to the drug.

It used to happen to me when I was new to OC's. Stopped after I got more into them. Wasn't really ever a problem with dope.

Although, with both (and any opiate I've tried), I find that I lose my inhibitions. By that I mean, I don't self censor what I say and do. At least not as much as when I'm sober. Kinda along the mentality of "Fuck it, I feel too good to care about the potential consequences."

I used to be a much bigger issue when I first started using. Now I'm pretty good at controlling it. I guess I've learned from my mistakes.

I get similar effects while high on oxy, i never understood it. I've come to the conclusion that i feel like people are fucking with my buzz and it really pisses me off.

Yeah it only happens to me when I do Oxy though its weird.

On IV/IM morphine and especially tramadol I'm very friendly and sociable. On codeine / propoxyphene / DHC I get opiate rage and fly off the hook if someone irritates me. When they wear off I'll be less irate.

I get very snappy on oxycodone. When I'm coming down from tramadol I can get quite agitated as well.

I thinks its not a coincidenze this happens a lot on codeine and oxcodone drugs as opposed to morphine or smack

BingeBoy said:
Yes weirldy i used to have this with codeine the first few times

Yeah, I meant between doses and just generally over time.... And thanks all for so many responses!

As I said, for me if was never a "rage". I would just say what I was feeling was characterized by being quicker to point out other's faults/mistakes, mock them for them, grow irritated with activities or entertainments quickly, etc.

And like I said it was weird because I was on Oxy and feeling great.

BingeBoy said:
I thinks its not a coincidenze this happens a lot on codeine and oxcodone drugs as opposed to morphine or smack

I agree, but it's weird it happens with codeine and not morphine because codeine turns into morphine once you metabolize it. Maybe there's a secondary metabolite that causes the rage?