• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I want to move to Melbourne

DoctorShop said:
Melbourne people seem so quick to defend their city and go on about how full of culture it is etc etc.

Strange.

aw sounds just like here (chicago obviously =P)

I'm actually planning on moving to aus at some point in my life as well. It just seems SO appealing...I can't stay away.

^ just a random culling/ general fun and games to fill in the time etc

Melbourne has a dope Hip Hop scene!

I want to move there too! :D

Dude you should check out my new hip hop outfit. We gonna drop soon and blow up big yo

^ Fuck yeah. Is it a track suit? I want a Retro Addidas one day :D

Hello all I just moved to Melbourne from the states and wanted to introduce myself. I have been here for about a week or so and I haven't been on bluelight in a while, but figured that I might as well say hello and see if anyone has any suggestions as to where to find some good cheap pubs and possibly some alright casual work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help and nice to meet all of you.

Living in Melbourne

Hi.

Im currently attending TAFE and plan to move to Melbourne around this time next year or the year after that to get a degree. I was just wondering what its like compared to living in Perth. Iv been here for almost 2 years now after living in a pretty dodgy city in England all my life.

Iv been looking at your basic 1 by 1 apartment in Melbourne's surrounding suburbs and although I dont know exactly how Im going to be funding myself just yet, the prices seem quite decent. You seem to get what you pay for at least. What are suburbs like Carlton and St Kilda like for a 17/18 year old at the moment?

More importantly, what is the weed like? And how strict are the laws?

I have so many questions whizzing in and out of my head so i was hoping a few Vics would be willing to help me out when i remember them all lol.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Js&Rs

More importantly, what is the weed like? And how strict are the laws?
^The laws are generally the same across one country.. :p

You're better off asking the Aus Drug Discussion people about the quality etc.

Look on Real Estate.com.au under Rent or Share for your options. Carlton is a reasonable place, St Kilda can be divey or glam - depending on your budget. It attracts real opposites.

Best of luck, Melbourne will be 100 times bigger than Perth and will excite all of your senses. It's a great place. :)
OH, and the shops are open on a Sunday in Melbourne.. and supermarkets are generally 24 hour. That will be a shock to your system. ;)

Yes, although our CBD doesn't have bright lit up McDonald's signs in dark alleys where junkies hang out like Perth does. Raz and I couldn't believe it when we saw it.

As an 18 year old student you are not going to be wanting to live by yourself in a Melbourne apartment.

If you are studying then most likely you will have an income of about six hundred dollars a fortnight (youth allowance plus six or eight hours of work per week). If you want a one bedroom apartment in a suburb worth living in, you will be looking at paying two hundred dollars a week minimum. So that's most of your money gone right there. I live in a tiny, one bedroom apartment in the worst part of Richmond (which is otherwise a pretty cool suburb to live in) and I pay $240 a week.

Also, you will not get an apartment on your own. The rental market here is tight as, and there will be people competing for one bedroom apartments that have full time jobs and don't come from the riskiest demographic to rent to (ie, you.) Much better to find a sharehouse, pay half the rent and meet some people while you're at it.

St Kilda is mostly pretty expensive and pretentious. Carlton is cool but very close to the city meaning it's very popular and hence can be expensive, but if you can find a sharehouse there it would be good. Generally the best places to look are around the inner north. Places around the Northcote or Brunswick area are pretty cool, close enough to the city, and relatively cheap (especially in comparison to St Kilda). If you want to go way out you could find something quite cheap but it would be in a boring shitty suburb ages away from anything.

Weed here is exactly the same price and quality as anywhere else I've lived (although I've never lived in Perth).

Merging this new thread with the old Melbourne thread with all of the required info

melbourne kicks sydneys ass in everything .. thats all you need to know.. muahaha

at least sydney's arse isn't as big as melbourne's

(whatever that means)

Bitches.

Fail said:
melbourne kicks sydneys ass in everything ..
thats all you need to know.. muahaha

Jus' takin' a walk afta catchin' a few beers ontha beach,
bitto methage,
you know,
catchin' rays...

MelbourneYeahRight.jpg

Mu-Wha?
:)

Looks good but who is that dude down there near the wall

you betta run man, he's coming to getcha!!!

Authortroll, OndaRize...

He hangs out an' throws tha confetti at any'one
ho'dare pass.

Bad sinburns,
cho,
bro.
:\

Foxtrot
Uniform
Charlie
Echo
Rom'aye'yo'trip...