• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I want to move to Melbourne

Melbourne rocks easily my favourite city in Aus, only downside is the holier than thou attitude most melbournites seem to have about the other cities. The amount of times i've heard people say "brisbane/canberra/adelaide/perth is so crap why would anyone live there, i've never been there though" 8) At least sydney siders aren't so pretentious about the place they live in.

When I lived a uni student dorm in Perth for a year most of the melbourne kids would just continuously say how boring perth was and how backwards it is blah blah blah, but they'd never even try to find anything good to do.

Best way to sum it up

Go on Facebook
Most Melbournites are in the "Melbourne is better than Sydney" group
Sydney people ............. just don't give two shits

Yeah it seems that way actually. Melbourne people seem so quick to defend their city and go on about how full of culture it is etc etc.

Strange.

I was thinking today that wasnt Canberra built where it is because its halfway between Sydney and Melbourne? Those two cities being the biggest two in Australia? Why cant you guys share the love? :D

DoctorShop said:
Yeah it seems that way actually. Melbourne people seem so quick to defend their city and go on about how full of culture it is etc etc.

Strange.

Its because of the disparity between melbourne and the rest of Australia is so shocking, how could we not mention it ?

Or could it be that Melbourne has nothing else to get excited about?

Able to watch rugby on the tele, let alone live? Even Australia (I did think last time I checked, Melbourne was an Australian city?!?) vs All Blacks live on free to air?....... not on your life :(

Beautiful golden beaches withn easy reach to duck off for a surf after work?... Not until global warming hits :\

Clean, crystal clear waterfalls in tropical rainforest hideaway?.... I guess there is always Tullamarine ;)

Chilley winters where snow falls and everything feels clean and fresh, with the ability to snowboard after work?... it aint New York honey!

The ability to sit outside in the middle of winter overlooking a beautiful waterway/harbour/lake/puddle/duckpond that doesn't have a corpse floating in it?...*giggle*

Beautiful, sexy women who rock my soul?..... Not anymore:)

Thank god there are plenty of pretty bars to lock yourself away in and look at colourful art work, because there are at least 7 miserable months where the grey wet outside is as about appealing as a Colloingwood council flat wall.

I do have a great time in Melbourne when I choose to rock that town, but it's like having to chose a favourite colour to paint with for the rest of your life and being givenBrown

^ Dude!! We have some of the best beaches in the world that are surrounded by rainforests, if you're prepared to travel just a little bit and head to The Great Ocean road. May not be something us city peeps can do after work, but our weekends can sure be pretty rocking ;).

After work we're happy to just down a few drinks anyway...

Or check out Wilson's Prom when it get a bit cooler (who wants to be hiking on a 30 degree day?)

Doppelganger said:
^ Dude!! We have some of the best beaches in the world that are surrounded by rainforests, if you're prepared to travel just a little bit and head to The Great Ocean road. May not be something us city peeps can do after work, but our weekends can sure be pretty rocking ;).

After work we're happy to just down a few drinks anyway...

Dudette, we are talking about Melbourne, not Geelong ;)

This is like that "potato cakes vs potato scallops" argument.

I wouldn't piss on Brisbane.

Luckily Brisbane takes all the weird units like MC BUSTY ST CLARE!! YA'LLL HOMIE G!

Clean, crystal clear waterfalls in tropical rainforest hideaway?.... I guess there is always Tullamarine

That was really, really bad.

^I hope you're trying to sound all dope and you meant, 'bad ass' as in 100% accurate and bitingly sarcastic?

preacha said:
Best way to sum it up

Go on Facebook
Most Melbournites are in the "Melbourne is better than Sydney" group
Sydney people ............. just don't give two shits

But can 54, 000 people be wrong ? That is the question.

That's pretty awesome. Now you just need to convince the other 3.8 million people who live there.

Well considering there is only 150, 000 Australians who use FB, and one third of them have joined this group... ahhh

Its actually a beautiful day and I have 5 hours left till I have to hand in my portfolio, so Im on my computer doing design work, so that I can get into uni next year... priorities !

:D

BREAKaBEAT said:
Well considering there is only 150, 000 Australians who use FB, and one third of them have joined this group... ahhh

I'd love to know where you got that statistic from, considering I just went into my networks settings. Lo and behold

There are 2,354,429 people in the Australia network.

Now SOME of them may be overseas. Some may even be doubled. But still, let me punctuate this sentence with an .... ahhh