• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

I want to move to Melbourne

Something I really miss about Melbourne is when it gets so God dam cold (maybe a month or 2 ago) but most of the girls get dressed to cater for this. However the fashions are like something u would never c in Perth or Sydney (for example) b/c it's much warmer. For me, MEL is such a fashion capital, and I love it when people dress for it, Wintertime especially!!!!
P.S. I currently live in de tropics in another country, so fashion sense sux quite a bit actually.....
s.

zephyr said:
^Only you can answer that question. I am referring that to you, or the person who you could be referring to, who is listed as nobody.

<3 I like you. You are funny :)

Round and round in circles we go, where we stop i do not know!

%)

Melbourne is a far superior, more cultured capital than anywhere else in Australia. Like Scooby said cus its cold, we have amazing fashion, and more stuff to do indoors. More accessible culture than Sydney - Food, Art, Fashion(Its cheaper rent so more local designers can afford to set up shop here ) Theatre, Music it goes on and on...

Breakabeat I've never been to Melbourne but I find it funny that Melbournites so flagrantly try to suggest that they are superior in all the areas both citiies (Sydney + Melbs) have heaps of.

More accessible what exactly do you mean by that? There is a welcome mat at the front of each restaurant. I thought Melbourne was more like a maze of warrens and laneways where one needed a local guide to find the good stuff.

Please explain.

I have lived in 3 other capital cities, and its the truth.

More accessible in terms of money. Things are much much cheaper, like incredible food is. If you dont love food though, or seek out incredible food, you wont have a clue what Im talking about. Different strokes

In terms of accessability I mean in terms of regardless of your cash situation ratio to getting quality in all of these areas.

Yes it certainly is a maze of confusing laneways here in Melbourne, but the cbd is basically set on a grid which is good. When I want to go somewhere I haven't been I just look it up on the net, look in the melways and I'm good to go.

There's actually a psychological mechanism that ensures that under certain circumstances, you prefer whatever choice you've made and are stuck with, so its natural that people who have moved to a particular city prefer it. I'm sure there are other factors at work as well. If anyone finds this interesting I will chase up some more info on it but its probably just me.

Oh and there is some good bulgogi in Box Hill and I think Doncaster as well.

IXinX said:
I thought Melbourne was more like a maze of warrens and laneways where one needed a local guide to find the good stuff.
Exactly.

This way we keep the good places relatively free from tourists (overseas, interstate and suburban varieties).

I could say the same about the dense sprawl of inner west sydney's suburbia.
Not many tourists there :)

while people live in it in high density, it still has lots of shops and secret locations. I SWEAR!
INNER WESTY 4 eva

BREAKaBEAT said:
Melbourne is a far superior, more cultured capital than anywhere else in Australia. Like Scooby said cus its cold, we have amazing fashion, and more stuff to do indoors. More accessible culture than Sydney - Food, Art, Fashion(Its cheaper rent so more local designers can afford to set up shop here ) Theatre, Music it goes on and on...
This all sounded awesome until I checked the weather on Saturday.

Melbourne: 10-17 degrees

Sydney: 16-29 degrees

Heat makes me happy.

The MEL vs SYD debate is almost the same as the Perth(W.A) vs. the rest of Oz debate; the Bris. vs. Syd debate; vs.... vs.... vs.... vs.... vs... It is everlasting and will never be resolved. At the end of the day, ultimately, who cares??? I mean really...

Melbourne is a beautiful city that has things 2 offer 2 many people, who want it.
Sydney is a beautiful city that has..... blah blah
Perth blah blah blah
At the end of the day, each capital in Oz is unique, special, has things to offer from lifestyle, shopping, careers, wine , that perhaps the other capital may not.

The debate is healthy, perpetual and entertaining (for me). I was raised in MEL but haven't lived there since '95. I do miss it but it's interesting to hear that the few friends I have remaining living in MEL find it such a changed city these days that they almost feel like a stranger. Personally I find that a bit over the top, I would call it evolution of a city or Metropolis. It's called Progress to others (rightly or wrongly).

For those of you living there, I am jealous, envious but ultimately very happy for you. What a great city.

A final comment is that I now have more personal friends living in Sydney!! (Oh the irony). SYD is so so different from any other city in Oz (u don't need me 2 tell u that). It is the New York of Australia, business, money money money, fashion etc. Yes it sure as hell is different, but isn't that what makes all cities, and at the end of the day, Australia so unique?

Last edited:
True that Syd is like the NYC of Oz as New Yorkers are major assholes!

JUST KIDDING... don't take offense...

<3 Melb tho, shame about the weather

I can tell you for FACT that New Yorkers are some of the most beautiful and giving strangers I have ever come across... that is a complete fallacy!

The homeless ones aren't!

Story!!!

When my best mate ben and i went to NYC we bought food for homeless people instead of giving them cash, one day outside a maccas there was a guy begging for cash so when we bought our lunch we bought him a burger and fries as well, we went outside, gave it to him and he unwrapped the burger and threw it at us and yelled "GIVE ME SOME FUCKING CASH, NOT SOME FUCKING FOOD". hmmm interesting....needless to say we didnt buy any more food for people on that trip... but other than that i think they are quite friendly...mostly dumb but friendly.

Well in his defence, he did insist on cash upon your initial meeting. His terms of trade where made explicitly clear.