• SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

cheating bf and the $$ I owe him

Pay cheating BF $2000 back

• Pay him back,be above the drama

Votes: 111 72.5%
  • Eye for an eye,screw me I screw you

Votes: 42 27.5%

• Total voters
I am ALL about revenge...so do pay him back, if he asks for it. Slowly. In very small payments. That way if he sues (which he could), you have a record of making payments that no judge can really argue with. I worked for an attorney once...I picked up a few hints.

L O V E L I F E said:
I can't believe I'm actually taking the time to write this, but, to answer your question:

"No."

I'm happy that if hip-hop didn't pay, you'd rap for free, Coolio, but I'm afraid that you might have missed my point.

My point was that, IN MY OPINION, if I was in an overall happy, healthy monogamous relationship, and THEN I found out that my partner had cheated on me (i.e., BROKEN THE RULES OF WHATEVER OUR AGREEMENT WAS - WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED), then, IF I chose to break up with my partner BECAUSE OF THE CHEATING, my rationale:

(1) Would NOT be "to punish her;"

(2) Would NOT be "because culturally, one ought to break up with their partner if they find out they have been cheated on;" and

(3) Would NOT be because my virginal-all-mine-I-own-that-pussy girlfriend had SEX with someone other than me.

Rather, *IF* I was to break up with someone based on an episode of cheating, it would be BECAUSE I COULD NO LONGER TRUST HER, and in my opinion, if you can't trust person X not to do activity A, then you can't trust them with things that are MORE IMPORTANT than activity A.

To use a different example, if I can't trust my best friend NOT to steal a twenty dollar bill that I have left on the kitchen table while he's waiting for me to get ready, then I CERTAINLY can't trust said "best friend" when the stakes are much higher.

It's not the sex, it's not the twenty dollars, it's not a matter of punishment or retribution, it's not a matter of saving face because of culture, and it's not out of jealousy or envy.

RATHER, *IF* I chose to end ANY relationship because of a betrayal, it would be because LOOKING FORWARD, I don't have nearly 100 percent confidence that the other person won't betray me AGAIN.

Make sense?

Bravo Bravistimo!!

Well said as usual LL :)

If you don't pay him back, expect to be robbed and/or fucked with. I sure as hell I know I wouldn't just let some bitch walk off with $2000 owed paying for it somehow. Yeah, perhaps I am vengeful and angry, perhaps those are weak emotions - but it's human nature. Do the right thing. Pay it back and avoid all the drama.

You do not want any angry and possibly crazy motherfuckers on your tail because you rightfully owe him/them money. I would be showing up at your work bitching you out. Making sure to be at ALL the bars you frequent. You owe $2000. That is not a paltry sum.

Pay him back because you owe him the money and it's $2,000, not a petty sum.

Think about what you used the money for and pay him back since you made a promise to.

Like psychetool said, most people wouldn't let $2,000 they owed to an ex, or anyone else, slide especially when they're going to be evicted because of it.

You're going to do what you want and probably let the fact that he cheated on you influence your decision, and I'm not saying that you shouldn't be angry at him for cheating; but think about how angry you would be if you had lent him or someone else $2,000 and they never paid it back and you were going to be evicted and you needed the money badly.

if you don't pay him back you come out of this as just as low a person as him. You 'cheated' on him with your verbal contract.

Don't let him drag you down to that level. Be the better person. Pay it back.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered.

Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives.

Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies.

Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you.

Be honest and sincere anyway.

What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight.

Create anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous.

Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, will often be forgotten.

Do good anyway.

Give the best you have, and it will never be enough.

Give your best anyway.

In the final analysis, it is between you and God.

It was never between you and them anyway.

- Mother Teresa, one of the wisest souls who has ever lived, in my opinion

Pay him back. So everything's clear and you don't begin throwing heavy hearts at each other to justify other things.

Fuck all of these reasons to pay him back because " . . . "

Some of these reasons are valid, but, in my strong opinion, there is exactly ONE best reason to pay him back, one which should be so painfully obvious that there should have been no reason to even have had to ask this question in the first place:

"PAY HIM THE MONEY YOU OWE HIM BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOUR WORD AND BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

Sorry that I didn't put it quite as eloquently as did Mother Teresa.

- LL

lovelife, you're a stand-up motherfucker. always liked you. reading this i feel vindicated; i wish more people thought the way you do.

L O V E L I F E said:
"PAY HIM THE MONEY YOU OWE HIM BECAUSE YOU GAVE YOUR WORD AND BECAUSE IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO.

I am sure she gave her word to pay him back, just like he probably gave his word to never cheat on her/hurt her. In my opinion, he broke his promise. So fuck him - she can break hers.

I doubt most of you would take the goody goody act if it was actually yourselves in this situation. It's very easy to preach your bullshit when you're not even involved.

Maybe i am a 'real nasty piece of work' but fuck it, what goes around comes around. Those who treat me well, get double back. But those who try to fuck me over will get it straight back to them. I don't see how having zero tolerance for fuck heads equals being a terrible person.

Last edited:
drugfukkdrockstar said:
I am sure she gave her word to pay him back, just like he probably gave his word to never cheat on her/hurt her. In my opinion, he broke his promise. So fuck him - she can break hers.

So in your opinion, two wrongs make a right?

drugfukkdrockstar said:
I don't see how having zero tolerance for fuck heads equals being a terrible person.

Zero tolerance for fuck heads should apply to self also, IMO. It is a pretty fuckheaded thing to do to someone... you must admit.

I understand the concept of punishment through revenge. I don't think anyone less of a person for taking that track.

But I do think that human evolution is benefited more by the opposite.

(Not trying to be a goody goody, just stating my point of view.)

I'd want to pay it back, but i probably wouldn't.

What can i say? I can be one cold motherfucker.

8)

Chaos23 said:
I am one to believe in revenge, despite the fact that ultimately being mean will bring unhappiness into your life.
With that said, I would probably go out of my way NOT to ever pay him and laugh when he got evicted.

Then I would most likely find out some ways to ruin his life even more.

but that is just me...

probably horrible advice, but that is honestly what I would do.

WHAT. THE. FUCK...

If you owe a person money, you OWE them that money, NO OTHER ISSUES come into question...this is how it works. 2000 might get you killed! I'm sure others have died for much less...in fact my best friends father...

you should pay him back because it's the right thing to do and you owe him the money and you don't want to get branded as a gold digging whore; but it's kinda too late for that.