Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] May 30th Official protest against melbournes 2am lockout

bingbaddyboom

Bluelighter
Protest: Friday 30 May, 5pm, Parliament House steps

• This will be a peaceful alcohol and drug-free protest.

• We are working with the police and local council to ensure that the protest is conducted legally and peacefully.

• The protest will feature:

o Industry and celebrity spokespersons
o Live music from Australian artists (STCA)
o Banners, posters and signs
o All protesters wearing White T-Shirts (looks uniform and is the traditional colour of peace)
o Free Red Bull and Nutrient Water to keep protesters happy and hydrated

Protest after-party

• Proposed venue: the Palace Theatre (formerly the Metro)

• Free entry for protesters, $20 donation otherwise (to be put towards associated costs and further actions)

• Entertainment by top Melbourne and Australian artists

• Pass-outs will be available after 2am

• A proportion of bar profits should by all rights be donated to the cause

Thinking of going to this. Sad in a way I guess because I haven't been to a protest in a while, and though I am against the curfew, in the sceam of things, there are lot more important issues going on in the world and australia worthy of protesting about.

there are lot more important issues going on in the world and australia worthy of protesting about.

Think global, act local.

Don't forget this is on tomorrow, hopefully i'll see some of you bluelighters there!

Should be interesting to see how many people turn up... I could imagine it up to 10,000 if that. I can't make it, but I am interested to hear and see what happens.

Has anyone talk to the local representatives about this issue, in particular around the St Kilda/Prahran area? It is really important to get a clear idea of what it is that the government is trying to achieve and where they have evidence to suggest that these changes they want to institute will actually be effective. I know a number of venue owners who are going to be discussing or have already discussed their options in this matter.

Whoever does go, make a difference... hehe