• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine VS MDMA = Worst Crash

Worst Crash?

• Cocaine

Votes: 180 54.7%
  • MDMA

Votes: 126 38.3%
  • I'm a wimp and don't use drugs

Votes: 23 7.0%

• Total voters
<la la la la>

Last edited by a moderator:
i've never really had a bad come down from MDMA. coke i haven't really had a crash since about a year ago when it fucked up my whole sleep cycle so i went with coke but really neither one affects me too much for some reason.. i think all the crash/come down shit is a myth

just take some good multivitamins before taking X and again the day after and no comedown or hangover at all. and even good coke leaves your nose hurting the day after.

I'd say MDMA. Best high, worst low. But I never do more than a few lines of yay, so your mileage may vary.

The high of MDMA is amazing compared to others, (although I havent tried coke, i cant imagine it being too similiar to MDMA). But to those who are saying they get no comedown from pills...I really envy you. maybe you have just not done enough MDMA? Either way, MDMA Comedowns making me feel so bad emotionaly which cant really be compared to the comedowns of any other drug which are either subtle or just mildly to extremely frustrating/fiending. (which of course can still be bad). The MDMA Blues just dont feel right sometimes, its odd. Its like somethings missing out of you for a few days over, dazed from the experience.

Man Cocaine for sure.

I just did cocaine the other night after being clean for over 6months and it reminded me of why i stopped using it to begin with.

MDMA is NOTHING compared to a cocaine crash, sure if you get speedy pills it can suck alittle bit but pure MDMA comedown is chill I just feel so relaxed and content. That boredom, sketchyness and just straight up fiending of a cocaine comedown kills me.

And for people argueing about not doing enough of either, I was shooting cocaine for 2 years everyday, and I had a point in my life where id roll 3 times a week and that also lasted about 2 years.

For me, both cocaine and MDMA coming downs begin with a sudden feeling of "what? something's wrong!", and usually my brain tells me I need to do stuff.

When I come off MDMA I'm usually still pretty fucking happy, and a bit too stupid to make an ass out of my selves by redosing into delirium or picking up other substances chasing a new buzz. A few days afterwards I might feel a bit empty but cognition picks up speed after I've slept a bit directly after the MDMA-trip. I've had isolated high dose MDMA experiences, with some emotional backlashes, but not worse than a bit of nice food and long walks could handle.

On cocaine on the other hand, the downward spiral from the rushy high truly inhibits my cognition and abilities to constructive reasoning. After cocaine I really, really, want to do cocaine more than before the high, and if I keep on dosing that behavioural pattern gains in strength and at some point I lose control. And the coca-crash lasts for a few days in my case, even if I keep the dosed amount to less than 3/4 of a gram during a cokeparty. The restlessness that manifests in thoughts like "why did I stop dosing?" without insight into that that state of mind in itself is the reason, I find it a too high price too pay more than once or twice a year. I prefer longer acting stimulants, and prefer desoxypipradrol to cocaine, and amphetamine to most others, and those give me less of a crash than cocaine.

Edit:
gorgoroth said:
how would everyone here compare the meth crash to e and cocaine?

In my case, with meth and amphetamine it takes an hour or two for the grip they hold on my mind to be released, during that time I both come to terms with sobering up and prepare a coming down-setting (greasy nutricious food, film, soft clothing, et cetera). This DMZ of non-sober but reasonably well functioning brain does not reach into contact with Coca-land. From cocaine I come down nearly immediately from 'high' to 'miserably alone and meaningless' when I do come down, and within the hour I'm in a shaky dysphoric apathy unable to care for food, sleep, and other sweet realities.

Last edited:
personally I never have a "crash" off coke, and I have only been eaten up from beans maybe once or twice and thats when I think they were cut with some DXM (used to be a big dex head... big, thats the only thing that has residual effects the day after for me)

EnYAY said:
COCAINE BY A LOOOOOONG MILE!

After a long bender with coke. the comedown is HELLLLLLLL, and sleep is completely out of the question. Physical pain of the nose, head and chest are horrible.

after a long bender with MDMA. the comedown is not bad, and you eventually get to sleep. There isnt much physical pain associated with mdma. unless you've been dancing all night. even better reason to go to bed :)

^^^ exactly what came to mind when I read the title

also, the mental part of MDMA comedown is just confusing and disorienting for me, and it's more of a lack of mood than a depressed mood

coke comedown is complete depression, agitation, even anger... but that's just after a binge, a little bit is not so rough

and the winner is- cocaine

mdma comedowns for me consist mostly of laying around bored the next day and watching tv-- not bad at all. If i have some weed, I actually get stoned and its a better than average high when I usually feel almost as if im rolling again. It's not bad at all.

Coke, on the other hand, is fucking horrible, even just from one or two lines. Lately, I've had some tar to jump on once I start coming down so that makes the crash very subtle (more like non existant except for the nasal pressure). But for those nights when I have nothing, no benzos, no tar...oh boy do I just want to die. Sitting there at my pc screen not wanting to do ANYTHING (always kindda having a feeling like I should be doing something but not wanting to do anything at the same time). Plus the paranoia is a killer...sneaking around my own house, the tiniest sounds are like atom bombs that I think will wake my rents up and cause me to get kicked out of the house. Not to mention, just thinking about how shitty my life is, every negative aspect of my life comes into play during a coke comedown.

It depends on the person, I'd have to say coke though. The cravings for more suck, and with MDMA I atleast have a wonderful experience to reflect on afterwards, often making me feel better about my life in general. Cocaine's euphoria is selfish and empty, where as I feel MDMA's euphoria can be quite theraputic.

ITS ALL ABOUT SET though. Even with drugs like coke and ecstasy, dont let them take over your normal state of mind, especially coming down.

*edit* Lechium, focus more intently on the positive thoughts and effects of the drug when you're high, remember what things you worked out in your head that made you happy (if you can relate to that) and don't let go of them just because you're running low on dopamine. It helps me..!

wow this thread is still going! lol. seems the concensous is blow is the worst, and it isss

nothing beats that 330 am call to your dealer to ask for a half g or g fronted so that you can delay that comedown another 10-15 mins.

Lechium said:
Coke, on the other hand, is fucking horrible, even just from one or two lines. Lately, I've had some tar to jump on once I start coming down so that makes the crash very subtle (more like non existant except for the nasal pressure). But for those nights when I have nothing, no benzos, no tar...oh boy do I just want to die. Sitting there at my pc screen not wanting to do ANYTHING (always kindda having a feeling like I should be doing something but not wanting to do anything at the same time). Plus the paranoia is a killer...sneaking around my own house, the tiniest sounds are like atom bombs that I think will wake my rents up and cause me to get kicked out of the house. Not to mention, just thinking about how shitty my life is, every negative aspect of my life comes into play during a coke comedown.

god yes

more negatice aspects of the cocaine experience

AcidKid said:
*edit* Lechium, focus more intently on the positive thoughts and effects of the drug when you're high, remember what things you worked out in your head that made you happy (if you can relate to that) and don't let go of them just because you're running low on dopamine. It helps me..!
yea totally man, that always helps and i definitely do that when I come down from e or shrooms; however, there is no way I can do this with coke. for one, i never work anything out while on coke except what kind of stupid shit i might be able to pull in order to get more cash and keep the night going which in the end puts me into more shit and adds to the depression. thats the problem with coke-- there aren't many positive thoughts of effects to be able to focus on. i guess the only thing i might be able to do is think about how i was more confident and social than normal (if I was during the high and sometimes that doesn't even happen), but that doesn't help one bit during the comedown. And yea, the fiending is so stupid. I'd take my last line and wait like 2 hours and start to get sleepy thinking "i'm sure glad I can fall asleep now since I have to wake up early to do this and that..." and then 30 seconds later I decide that I want to hit one more line. I hit it and then sit there thinking "fuck i'm such an idiot why did I do that, now I only got one line left for tomorrow which will only make me want to buy more when I do it and I gotta stay up another 2 hours before I can fall asleep." And sometimes I'll end up just killing the sack because what's the point of leaving yourself one or two lines for the morning, all that does is make me want to buy more and basically puts me in a dull and blank state for the rest of the day. Plus I don't get as high from my dope...and that's another thing that sucks about coke, I end up using all the dope I bought for the day after during the comedown just so I don't feel as shitty and wake up with nothing but a stuffy nose and wishing I hadn't smoked all the dope I had. :-/. These are all reasons why I rarely ever do coke anymore. I've done coke like 3 times in the past few months, two of those times I just hit one line and the other I only got like 10 or 20 bucks worth.

That's an easy one, cocaine for sure. I've never really had a bad crash or even a crash at all from MDMA, but on my occassional cocaine binge...the next morning is always hell..until I run out of coke...

But I would say that an alcohol hangover is worse than a coke hangover by far as well...depending on how much alcohol I drank and what not...

Lechium said:
mdma comedowns for me consist mostly of laying around bored the next day and watching tv-- not bad at all. If i have some weed, I actually get stoned and its a better than average high when I usually feel almost as if im rolling again. It's not bad at all.

heh ya know its kinda comforting to see that other people feel EXACTLY the same as I do.

GenericMind said:
I find the comedown from MDMA to be more of a disappointing feeling that the high is gone, whereas the comedown from Coke makes me feel like nothing could be worse than existing at that particular moment.
I like the way you described the coke comedown, and I agree, I've felt that exact feeling with both coke and amp very badly.

Coke/Amp gives that self asserting, top of the world, confident high and when all the dopamine runs out its a horrible feeling. The best way I can actually describe it is in freuds psychic apparatus terms, it feels like my Ego becomes muffled out by my very displeased ID and my extremely anxious superego.

MDMA...well...Havent had much that I can verify unadulterated. Have had plenty of MDA. With mdma I don't feel that horrible WORST MOMEMT TO EXIST EVER feeling where my skin crawls and I feel I'm about to explode, its more of a feeling like a lost love or death of a loved one its not as personal in the mechanical sense of the coke comedown, rather it feels like a very subtle longing/missing something. I miss/wish I could regain that feeling and I feel dulled out

MDMA is the WORSSTTTT comedown in the world. I've never been so shitty after i comedown from 3-4 rolls. Im usaully up all night and acting like a zombie for 2 days. Coke usaully after i blow my last lines i smoked a fat blunt and im out like a light , feeling good the next day but wanting more.

AcidKid said:
Cocaine's euphoria is selfish and empty

Thank you. Those are the words I never found to describe (one of the main reasons) why I dislike coke so much.