• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

I found gabapentin okay to begin with, nothing super... till I fell asleep during sex. Not exactly becoming of a laydeee. I can't remember what dose I started at but I only took a few (can't recall if they were 300 or 500mgs), but on the second day I had a seizure and landed myself in hospital. Got some nice morphine for my troubles though :)

On the serious side, if you're at all sensitive to this sort of thing (and yeah, I know, you don't really find out till you try it), it can be pretty nasty. Seizures are scary stuff, I thought someone was trying to choke me (you can get halluciantions of the bad kind from it).... So... start low and work up - if you don't get tolerant to it.

L**ica

I am prescribed 400mg 3x a day, and I really really like it. I mean, it's not a crazy high, but it reduces my anxiety, and puts me in a really good mood. It's also great for hangovers, and for when I'm fiending out for dope... But if I take my daily doses all at once (1200mg), I think it feels amazing. but every one is different.

BTW, gaba is water soluable. Just saying...

i just took 1.2g of gaba, im thinking about taking 50mg of prometh to sedate and kill my allergies. how would this affect the gaba

I'm certainly no expert, but I have combined over 3G of gaba w/ alcohol and weed before without any adverse reactions. I can't see a small dose of codeine doing much bad, but like I said, I am no expert.

I wouldn't recommend mixing alcohol with gabapentin, mixing alcohol with pretty much any prescription medication is dangerous, however weed is another story. Weed is fine to mix with gabapentin, in fact go for it if you want, it may allow you to enjoy the weed high more since your anxiety should be reduced a lot by the gabapentin (if you get any at all, as some people do from smoking buds).

-dp

Last edited:
The real question is how much do you want to take? gabapentin as i've read is nearly impossible to overdose on as long as you don't cross it, obviously :) The first time i ever took it i downed about 3000 mg over an 4 hour period, mainly because my high wasn't good enough. My personal experiences with it have been that it's incredibly unlikely for it to become 'overwhelming' as other drugs can be. I've fooled around with my fair share of things and this is my favorite, so eat it up while you can because it's hard to come by :(

this drug is your fav why?
hard to come by its expensive but hard to come by?
man i don't think u had many drugs at all.
i feel for u if u think this drug is good fun

this drug is alot of fun.
i smoked a bowl, took the Gabapentin(300mg) then drank cough syrup (6 table spoons) and it was great fun

I took 1200mg of gabapentin and it just knocked me out. Although I was on oxy and xanax too. I guess I should try it by itself. Anyone know if it potentiates opiates?

^ Of course it adds to the sedation like other downers. I find it rather good at it also more so then benzo's kinda makes the high warmer where benzo's just dull it for me.

I love Gabapentin especially with Baclofen. 600-900mgs gives me a nice happy feeling, 1200mgs+ has me in an off buzz slightly reminiscent of MDMA.

Last time I did neurontin, I took 3000mg, 40mg of zolpidem, 350mg of carisoprodol, and 20mg of cyclobenzeprine.... I was fucked. I blacked out a time frame of 15+ hours.

That was really dumb of me. I was feinding for opiates.

To let everyone know...

1. Pregabalin and gabapentin have no cross tolerance

"The pharmacokinetic interactions of pregabalin and gabapentin were investigated following concomitant single-dose administrations of 100mg pregabalin with 300mg gabapentin and multiple-dose administration of 200mg pregabalin every 8 hours and 400mg gabapentin every 8 hours. Gabapentin pharmacokinetics following single- and multiple-dose administration were unaltered by pregabalin coadministration. The extent of pregabalin absorption was unaffected by gabapentin coadministration, although there was a small reduction in rate of absorption."

Their chemical structures are very identical but they do not have any sort of synergetic effect. They do not increase each others effects or increase the tolerance of each other when used together.

2. At VERY HIGH DOSES it would make me feel drunk but with a stimulating euphoria and an out-going attitude. However, tolerance would increase SO quick and also would the effect of the drug. Eventually it no longer works, even at the highest doses. Pregabalin IS A MUCH MORE POTENT drug. It produces the same effects as gabapentin just much more powerful but also at the correct dose it can produce empathetic feeling with a high not to far off from MDMA.

3. Start at the lowest dose possible but not TOO low because you want to feel the effects but you don't want your tolerance to increase so quick and it seems to after each use. Start at 600-900mg. Go from there.

I never felt any kind of "high" or euphoria from gbp. The most I got was a little dizzy and sedated after taking 1.5g. It felt kinda like flexiril, but not as drowsy. When I mixed it with suboxone, though, it was a lot more enjoyable.

Also, gbp works wonders for a toothache, at least for me it does. I took some out of desperation once when my tooth was killing me, and it was amazing. I've taken it for tootaches ever since. To me, it works better than any NSAID or opioid. Dentists look at me wierd and I have to fuss with them to get them to write me a script, though. It's not indicated for tooth pain, and they don't want to write it. They should do some kind of study on it, though. I can't be the only person out there that gbp works for in treating a toothache.

I want the euphoric high, how much should I take to get it? done it before when drunk and out of other fun things, Ive taken three 400, so like 1.6g , should I take more to get afeeling

There really is no euphoric high from gabapentin... Im stuck in retard slow mo since 5:40 this evening. It feels cool to be outside of myself for a while, but i am an opiate fiend and this cant compare.

anyone know of a dosage that CAN give an opiate-like high?

fuck this shit makes me dizzy

My recommendation:

Take 1800+ mg, smoke a bunch of weed, and lay back in a dark room with a good music playlist.

Gabapentin (especially when combined w/ weed) can actually be very euphoric and even can have CEVs that rival what one might see on a low dose of acid or mushrooms, although don't expect brilliant fractal patterning or anything like that. I find the GBP body-high to actually be quite similar to the physical feeling of stimulant-psychedelics, something like a low dose of 2C-I.

Hi all.

Have taken lyrica in the past, loved it. However I did become addicted and the withdrawl has left me with some severe depression.

Anyway I have been off lyrica for a week and came across some gabapentin. I took 900mg and did not feel anything after a few hours. I then snorted .75 mg of klonopin and took 900mg more of gaba. So 1800mg total. I think I might be starting to feel something, my mood is somewhat improving.

Thanks for all the info in this thread everyone!

I found gabapentin okay to begin with, nothing super... till I fell asleep during sex. Not exactly becoming of a laydeee. I can't remember what dose I started at but I only took a few (can't recall if they were 300 or 500mgs), but on the second day I had a seizure and landed myself in hospital. Got some nice morphine for my troubles though :)

On the serious side, if you're at all sensitive to this sort of thing (and yeah, I know, you don't really find out till you try it), it can be pretty nasty. Seizures are scary stuff, I thought someone was trying to choke me (you can get halluciantions of the bad kind from it).... So... start low and work up - if you don't get tolerant to it.

L**ica

Isn't gabapentin used to treat epilepsy? I can't possibly imagine how it could cause a seizure.