• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

^ Yeah, it's crazy, the 450mg pregabalin + the 3,600mg gabapentin I take every day would have gotten me TRASHED without a tolerance back in the day. Now, it sometimes makes me feel a little "off", but nothing much. My short-term memory is fucked. But that's small price to pay for what it does for my fibromyalgia, migraines, and anxiety. Seriously, I've been off benzos and opioids for a while now, and those two together cannot even TOUCH what the Lyrica/Neurontin do for me. Shit is amazing. Hopefully they are working on a super-pregabalin now. I consider pregabalin to be super-gabapentin. However, they both have their similarities, yet they have their own individual benefits as well. I wouldn't mind being on these two the rest of my life.

And I totally agree with the whole things being clearer and more colorful on pregabalin, for sure. Almost like "mushroom come-up" type shit.

Just got done reading this thread. Lots of Info for sure.

I was prescribed it a couple years ago (gabapentin/neurontin, orange guys not sure if theres powder in them or capsules or what) for back pain. Still have a S load. What would the dose be for helping opiate WD's and are there any I'll effects mixing gabapentin and adderall? I have been taking 2 or 3 30mg addys a day the past couple to get through.

Thanks.

Sooo I took 1200mg gabapentin this morning and about a hour after that took 60mg of addy. The gab kicked in first and gave me some slight euphoria and was pretty decent. Then the addy kicked in. For the next 4-5 hours I felt weird. Speeding but also sedated feeling and my vision was really streaky and plain strange. I also could barely feel my face/mouth, not tingly numb or anything just very low feeling for the 4-6 hours. I may try it again at 600mg gab dose but I doubt it. Not the best feeling out there.

best drug ever...stupidist drug ever..help

(sorry if too long) hi everyone....1st post hope not a drag......been a long time user (dont yet know abreviations).....opiates, meths, benzos,weed and everything else dabbled in...I preface that because I love neurontin more than any drug in the world...honestly..sometimes.....thats the problem...right now I take no illegal drugs went to detox/rehab and used neurontin to get me through benzo/opiate withdrawel and it saved my life....great for w/d

Now I am using neurontin to feel good with (get high)....sometimes it works well, really well...sometimes not......I could take 800 mg one day and feel so eurphoric and one day take 3000 and feel stupid...of course ive tried any and all combonation upside down and backward...
with soda..without soda..empty stomach/full stomach..

does anyone know how to use this and get the best out of it....some comments here make me wonder if any chemists are on board cuz i would love some help...I have much more i could say of N but post is too long but would love this topic to not fade away too fast...thanks

Neurontin works best if you take it over time, like if you take 3000 mgs take 600 mgs an hour for 5 hours rather than all at once. Naproxyn (aleve) is supposed to potentiate it, although I never notice much difference. The main thing is you can't take recreational doses daily or you will buid tolerance very quickly.

Welcome to BL, BTW

I can understand, man, because I am dependent on both gabapentin and pregabalin. However, I do not abuse them and I take them as prescribed. They really have no "high" type effect on me anymore. I've been on gabapentin for 7 years, and pregabalin on and off for about 4 years. The thing is, they work for their intended purposes...fibromyalgia, migraines, and anxiety. But I have abused both extensively, on their own, as well as in any combination you can probably name. They are a bitch and a blessing. Getting off them is harder than probably every drug I've ever been hooked on - which is pretty much everything. Good luck to you. Just watch out, the shit will catch you off guard.

Gabapentin is quite nice. I find it much more euphoric and less sedating then benzodiazapine. Its a very good anti-anxiety drug but its like pulling teeth to get prescribed it for that. My psychiatrist was willing to prescribe daily xanax but not neurotin which is arguably much safer and less addicting.

Neurontin is great for social anxiety...4me anyway....I notice how I make causal conversation with people in the most unusual places....I am witty , quick on my feet...even charming..4real....my friends , family have noted this and often seem/look astonished at me.......very intersesing drug...i LOVE IT..

little to no withdrawel....Was taken approx 3000 mg day to cold turkey...was very irritable...which to me isnt signifacant after gg through many opiate WD's and a benzo WD

but it is weird and cant always get the same affect....soda helps...dosing is important.. easy to obtain...easier than lyrica i would imagine

The psychedelic side

Gabapentin highs vary from person to person. I love the high personally and it has a psychedelic like effect for me. I take 1.2gs and feel like I just toked a bowl of chronic. Its like a head high for me, but mixed with a body high. The first time I popped two 600mg pills (1200mg or 1.2gs) I felt very happy and talkative. Music sounded better, colors were brighter, my thought process was altered.... it feels almost exactly like a pot high for me. It lasts a long time, and the high is more controllable, you can talk fine if you want.... balance is messed up however. Anyway, after the euphoric feelings started to leave I began to feel drowsy. Sleepy, and I wanted to crash. I forced myself to stay up though and then the high turned psychedelic (approximately 4 or more hours). I was talking to my reflection in the mirror, laughing to myself, and when I laid down in my bed I let my mind wonder. I saw blue lights in the shape of dolphins coming down from my ceiling, I saw an upside down Christmas tree when I closed my eyes. Use gabapentin with pot and for me it is much like a dreamy high. Incredible experience for me, but after a few hours I began hallucinating and losing touch with reality.

Well, this is disappointing. I wish I had checked into this/heard of this about a month or so ago. Back in February I was given a prescription for Gabapentin (to help my recently diagnosed fibromyalgia) - one 100mg capsule, twice a day. I'd take one as soon as I got up, and take one just before going to bed. I never got a euphoric feeling or anything from it, just lagginess and a bit of vertigo...but I wonder if that only developed because I was on a daily dose.

Unfortunately, I cannot try a higher one-time dose or something to see if there would be a difference because my doctor took me off of it (because of the side effects) a month or two ago and I got rid of the bottle since I "had no more use for it." Oh, boy, do I regret that now! Especially since I've heard/read that its effects can be similar to MDMA...

Has anyone else experienced dizziness, vertigo, or a sort of brain/cognitive lag? If so, did you only notice it after prolonged or daily use? I think that I may have only developed the side effects after being on it for an extended period of time, so if I could get nice and euphoric effects from it once a week or something, I might try getting my doctor to prescribe it to me again.

Oh, and does anyone know of any interactions it may have with a low dose of Nortriptyline at its (Gabapentin's) higher doses? My doctor prescribed the two together before, but both at relatively low doses. Now she just has me on Nortripyline at >50mg a day, so I don't know if there would be any difficulties if I did try taking a large dose of Gabapentin with it...

Thanks for anything you're able to tell me!

Well, this is disappointing. I wish I had checked into this/heard of this about a month or so ago. Back in February I was given a prescription for Gabapentin (to help my recently diagnosed fibromyalgia) - one 100mg capsule, twice a day. I'd take one as soon as I got up, and take one just before going to bed. I never got a euphoric feeling or anything from it, just lagginess and a bit of vertigo...but I wonder if that only developed because I was on a daily dose.

Can't comment on your questions but the reason you never felt anything was because you were taking 100mg x2 a day. That is INCREDIBLY low. You could of had a better judgment if you were to try 600-900mg

Yeah, I figure part of not feeling the euphoria or anything was the low dose... but I also had that vertigo and everything, so I don't know if I should risk taking more in case that sort of side effect also increases without knowing more, as I'm pretty sure it'd be too unpleasant for me to enjoy it otherwise. :\

I"m just starting to peak on 30 mg of hydrocodone right now - wondering if anybody has any knowledge on the effects of gabapentin + opiates?

Is this i a dangerous combo or should I try it?

I"m just starting to peak on 30 mg of hydrocodone right now - wondering if anybody has any knowledge on the effects of gabapentin + opiates?

yess, it will synergize with your hydrocodone and increase the pain relief and euphoria. this is one of my favorite combos... i like to add in some kpin or xanies but thats sketch and you have to be careful!!

adderall and neurontin go together like two peas in a pod :)

im on 30mg addy right now (insnuf) +400mgs lyrica + a coupl ebong hits of hash + 1mg klonopin (potentiated by tagamet) and its really euphoric. no worries in the world, im pleasantly far away %)

Gabapentin/Pregabalin with opiates is a good combination if you are seeking euphoria. Have fun and be safe.

I've never done opiates, so I don't really know how to guesstimate this... but is the euphoria one gets from the gabapentin/pregabalin + opiates anything like the euphoria from MDMA or is it completely different? If it's different, is there any possibility you could try to explain how it feels? (I know that last question is a super hard one to answer...)