• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

SNORT FOR INSTANT/GREAT HIGH!
I just railed 300mg and I'm feeling great! I'm about to do another 300mg. I'm 130 pounds is that safe?

Apparentl its damn hard to go overboard. I take 6 600mg in the morning, another 3 around noon and 2 more around dinner along with sniffing a half here and there throughout the day. I dont recommend someone just starting to take that much. There seems to be a shelf right around 4800mgs anything after that is just maintenance.

I actually posted about this before because i was worried i was pushing my limits.

Im on Lyrica, gabapentin and Tramadol right now. I stumble and my speech is a little off. I have been chatting up a storm on the internet. Makes me feel floaty. Its like my mind is stable but my body is relaxed.

I would like to add that this drug is absorbed sorta weird for me i seem to get alot higher if i space each 300mg out 30 mins.
I take 600-1600 but if i do it all at once 1000mg feels like 500mg.also this drug is amazing for counteracting anxiety i would describe the high as a benzo but stimulating instead of sedating.i used to take pregabalin(lyrica) and it is in fact it is about 2-3 times stronger for me.
but i also warn those of you looking for a high.
This shit is every bit as addictive as any narcotic but the withdraw from this is worse than anything ive ever been through so BEWARE.
Also be carefull with alcohol and any gabaminergic drug i have woke up in my backyard in the morning and still to this day have no idea how i got there.And last wait about 2 hours before taking more(or you will wake up in your backyard haha:]
good luck,keefereefer.

I got a script for gabapentin once for benzo w/d. Love it. It kills my anxiety, doesn't leave me wanting more all the time. At the same time.. it leaves me mentally-sound and basically sober - i feel more at ease, but i'm not high or in a different headspace

I vastly prefer gabapentin over benzos for anxiety. Too bad it's so pricey

If you're looking for a recreational GABAergic, try pregabalin. I lost months on that stuff... yup, 2 months of frequent daily blackouts. Apparently i slurred constantly

but i also warn those of you looking for a high.
This shit is every bit as addictive as any narcotic but the withdraw from this is worse than anything ive ever been through so BEWARE.

I don't find gabapentin addictive at all, since it doesn't make me high, which is why i like it so much for my anxiety

Pregabalin is like a different creature tho. It feels like a narcotic, whereas gabapentin is quite subtle, like a nootropic

Pregabalin has this amazing and somewhat bizarre come-up that's sedating, euphoric, disorienting and often dissociative/psychedelic in nature (esp with higher doses).. I'd take loads while on d-amp so i wouldn't fall asleep.. crazy. It felt like i was flying when i was walking

Last edited:
I vastly prefer gabapentin over benzos for anxiety.

So did I at first, but its pleasant effects do not last forever.

If you're looking for a recreational GABAergic, try pregabalin.

Pregabalin is not a GABAergic. Its action is limited primarily to actuation of the calcium-dependant ion channel. Its only relation to the gabaregic system is an assistance in the converions of glutamate to GABA.

This drug sounds awesome.

According to WP it seems rather new, and therefore is not made generically, can anyone comment on that? I think that's why it's so expensive. EDIT: It's in Mexico, and I'm gonna go buy some! Pregablin is trickier to find I think, certainly at least more expensive.

Last edited:
It is my understanding that Pregabalin has not yet gone generic, and is still sold only under the brand name "Lyrica", produced by Phizer, I believe.

Pregabalin does not have a generic yet. And you can bet that when it does, the generic will still be very expensive. I take 150mg 3x a day, and at a pharmacy that costs ~$350. Thank goodness for the Phizer Connection to Care program.

I am also taking gabapentin 900mg 4x a day. And it all works well. The two work excellent together, and compliment each other.

I do not recommend anyone take 450mg pregabalin + 3,600mg gabapentin starting out or you will be a slurring, stumbling, pill drunk son of a bitch.

I take like 4000mg with no tolerance (not dicksizing, since some people take more, just don't want him to end up disappointed). Some people need more, and I think 4000mg is the cap you're not supposed to go above, but some people said it's near impossible to OD on gabapentin.

The period of time that I was on first gabapentin was when I was in high school for neurve and neurologic pain. 400mg made me drowsy when I first started taking it.

I now have been diagnosed with bipolar II and I have incredibly horrible insomnia. I was prescribed gabapentin to help with initial drowsiness in hopes of helping me fall asleep. After about 8 months in, I take 3600mg every night (soon to be 4200mg) and I feel nothing. My psychiatrist told me that one of his patients once too over 30,000mg and was completely fine. I am now on gabapentin, tiagabine, rozerem, zolpidem, abilify, clonazepam, metoprolol, and a couple others. Most are supposed to help my insomnia, but I have had little luck. Alprazolam puts me to sleep, but my psych won't prescribe it for me. Anyway, getting high from neurontin (gabapentin) is pretty hard to do.

The only thing about taking over 1200mg of gabapentin is that it is supposedly excreted and unused. I was told by a second psychiatrist that it is pointless to take over 1200mg, but I am noticeably less drowsy if I take less then 3600mg. Don't be so stupid as to try to get high off of gabapentin.

^ Gabapentin is safe and practically impossible to OD with. I've personally taken 19+ grams back when I used to get high off it. Now I'm on 3,600mg a day for anxiety and it's awesome. Also helps alot with the FMS. I also have insomnia from hell and gabapentin doesn't help much, but pregabalin does.

I agree, I've taken close to 25G over about 15 hours with no bad effects. I take it once a month, as more often tends to not work so well. Good stuff.

On a side note, I was prescribed it for anxiety/treatment resistant depression/PTSD and it never really helped me, but god help me if I forgot a dose, even a few hours late and I'd feel like totally crap, physically I mean. I got up to 1900/mg a day before my psychiatrist and I decided instead to try Lamictal, which works much better for me. I still get a small script every month (60 x 300mg) that I'm supposedly still taking (weaning down slowly), but like I said I use it pretty much all at once.

has anyone ever hallucinated on GABAPENTIN? me and my girl took like 3600grams over like 4 hours and we sat their holding each other seeing shapes and shit move from a lamp and we could call it out and we would both see it, anyone else experience this

Oh yeah, high doses of gabapentin/pregabalin can definitely make you hallucinate. Multi-colored lights and orbs are the most frequent. Pregabalin can make you see flashes of light like a camera flash in your eyes. And both can cause CEVs at ultra-high doses. Weird-ass shit, unlike any other drug for sure.

Oh yeah, high doses of gabapentin/pregabalin can definitely make you hallucinate. Multi-colored lights and orbs are the most frequent. Pregabalin can make you see flashes of light like a camera flash in your eyes. And both can cause CEVs at ultra-high doses. Weird-ass shit, unlike any other drug for sure.

Gapapentin is often used as an anti-seizure drug or a sleep aid. The high itself isn't very big- i'd say it's very similar to tramadol in many ways. I would avoid using it in large recreational doses because of the kidney damage and cognitive problems it can bring.

It is, however, very helpful to prevent seizures in a drug cocktail. Gabapentin does little (maybe even none) to ruin your high, especially compared to the -statin drugs.

Summary: By itself, not a very memorable high. It may make you feel a little better, similar to a couple shots of alcohol.

Sometimes from just 450mg of pregabalin things became very colorful and blurry. They would be so bright. Certain objects were "enhanced" and stood out from the others, very clear while other stuff would be blurry and colorful. I'd get CEV's as well. This from just 450mg of pregabalin. I wish that still happened.

Lyrica is great for benzodiazepine withdrawal. I tapered from 8mg of clonazepam while on Lyrica and had very little withdrawal symptoms...almost none.

Just got back from the doctor
I asked for Pregabalin but he said if he prescribed it my insurance company wouldn't cover the co-pay because it's only for pain and other issues not related to me. He agreed it would help me, but he didn't want to bring attention to his practice.

Got prescribed 90 300mg capsules of gabapentin for the month, first time taking them. Dosed 1200mg around 5pm, then 900 more at like 7. Didn't feel too much until about an hour ago. I cooked some dinner, then took out the trash, washed all the dishes in the sink, then cleaned the counter-tops and the stove

Those are the chores I despise and I did them all with a smile on my face
Now I'm sipping on a beer, listening to some wacked out music, feeling kinda euphoric

It's not really like a "high," but I certainly have to say it reduces anxiety and has given me quite a bit of energy. I feel really awake and lucid right now