• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentin

I've been using pregabalin for the past few months, which really is 12x stronger than gabapentin (lol), and I would've used that for managing w/d, but because I'm a madman when it comes to chasing a high, I gobbled all of my 30day script in about 5days just for the high instead, before deciding to kick all of my opiates. Pregabalin in my case is far preferrable than gabapentin.

I don't enjoy gabapentin but I do like pregabalin. Its x3 more potent than gabapentin in dosage. I love the Lyrica ads and reading through it "Lyrica may produce a "high" feeling".

I took a handful once
it made me feel cool for a while but then every 30 seconds I would get this wave of panic come across me. I couldn't sleep that night.

Tramadol and Gabapentin is a good combo..... Gabapentin mixes with it well for 2 reasons:
1. Its a neurotic pain medication
2. It raises your seizure tolerance which is good cause tramadol lowers your seizure tolerance.

So GL and be safe

Yep. My doc scripted me Tramadol and Gabapentin for Neuralgia.

Yep. My doc scripted me Tramadol and Gabapentin for Neuralgia.

I have very recently used gabapentin with great success in reducing my tramadol dosage for pain and depression (self-medicating for the latter which is exacerbated by the former for which the trams are scripted legitimately) I have halved my tramadol dosage in the first week using up to 1800mg of gabapentin daily without noticing any wd symptoms or increased pain. This is a major improvement over previous tramadol tapers which were undertaken only with low dose codeine phosphate (210mg down to 60mg over 4 days) with a week of 10mg each daily of diazepam and nitrazepam for the anxiety and insomnia respectively. These took twice as long at best and were pure hell especially after the week of supplementary meds.

I have also reduced my dihydrocodeine intake by approximately two thirds and stopped supplementing with pod tea entirely.

I am lucky enough to achieve some euphoria from the medical schedule of gabapentin and the only difference I've noticed in the high that banishes the awful black depression is an expected increase in sedation plus a little mild nausea. Best of all with a peak daily tramadol intake of 1200mg having reduced to 600mg max (often only 400) and the anticonvulsant action of the gabapentin means I'm far less scared of seizures than I ususally am when on too many trams. How I've avoided seizing I have no idea. I'm so lucky. But very stupid when the pain bites, I don't care about anything else but getting rid of as much agony as possible when it's bad :(

I know I'll have to wd off the gabapentin eventually but the cessation syndrome doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as the hell of tramadol wd's to me. Also with it being a mood stabiliser and me having a diagnosis of cyclothymia I have the potential to continue with a gabapentin script after the pain is finally sorted out, if ever. I wouldn't mind that over the long-but-not-forever term.

Peace, Ethnobot

It seems to take a high does to get any effect, ime at least. I know everyone is different.

I am prescribed 400mg 3x a day, and I really really like it. I mean, it's not a crazy high, but it reduces my anxiety, and puts me in a really good mood. It's also great for hangovers, and for when I'm fiending out for dope... But if I take my daily doses all at once (1200mg), I think it feels amazing. but every one is different.

BTW, gaba is water soluable. Just saying...

Exactly what he said. Tale 2000mg Gaba then in a hour you r favorite opiate and you are set. No anxiety, pain is reduced and lower inhibitions. Gaba lasts anywhere form 6-8 hours.

Pretty cool drug in my opinion and easy to get. Doctors dont wanna prescribe bemzos but will readily give you thid

First timer here. Have lots of Gaba and don't know the best way to feel it a little or a lot. I am after something.

I really want to try gabapentin now. I go back to my doctor in October for more tramadol, and I'll ask him about using Neurontin with it for "breakthrough pain".

I'm not a big depressant fan. I do enjoy benzos on occasion, but from what I've been reading on here, gabapentin is not much like benzos, but is it's own thing. Bet it would mix safely and smoothly with my tram.

Anyone can give me advice in the next 10 minutes that would be great. I just need something to give me a high. I have Gaba and Fluox. I don't have much of anything else except abilify. What can I do?

I really want to try gabapentin now. I go back to my doctor in October for more tramadol, and I'll ask him about using Neurontin with it for "breakthrough pain".

I'm not a big depressant fan. I do enjoy benzos on occasion, but from what I've been reading on here, gabapentin is not much like benzos, but is it's own thing. Bet it would mix safely and smoothly with my tram.

It's really not a breakthrough pain type of med. It's typically used for nerve pain (ie diabetic neuropathy, Fibromyalgia). I never got much out of gabapentin and I was prescribed it at a very high dose.

As for mixing with tram, I'm not sure, but gabapentin is an anticonvulsant, so it might help in preventing the seizures that tram can cause.

I honestly hate the stuff. And I have to take it for pain. I hold out until I'm hurting before I take it. I'd just deal with the pain and during the day I do but at night ya just can't close your eyes and rest when if feel like someone is pealing you skin off. Just say'n that's how much I hate this crap. I don't expect everyone to feel that way but it surprises me anyone enjoys it. I tried 2800 mg once just to see what the fuss was. Made me slightly dizzy and irritated my insides a hell of a lot.

Toss that stuff in the bin and google RC's and jwh. Legal doesn't mean weak. Some of the RC's will blow your head off in doses that look smaller than a grain of rice.

Just adding to the pile of replies.

I came across some gabapentin for free. I have several 100mg capsules. I'll probably down 6 of them this evening. Should mix nicely with my tramadol. I have never tried gabapentin before, but the people who get euphoric and relaxed from it has caught my interest. I hope I get similar effects from it as those people.

Any thoughts?

Before you give me hell about the dose, I would feel much more comfortable testing the water with 600mg. I have always had a pretty low tolerance to drugs. Except opioids now. Back in 2003 I started out on 25mg (yes 25mg) of tramadol and felt incredible. I am now of course up to 200-250mg of tramadol a day now. But that is good considering I've been using for 7 years.

I will take these gabapentin later in the evening and let you know how it goes.

Last edited:
Gabapentin has surprising recreational potential, but I haven't tried it.
But based on the minute of research I did, 500mg seems like a good starting dose and you should be good by 1200mg. Pace yourself, you'll feel bad if you overdo it by a few hundred mg.
Gabapentin and pregabalin have nearly identical effects, so they must have cross-tolerance.

I don't think I commented on time...................................

Last edited:
gabapentin

SNORT FOR INSTANT/GREAT HIGH!
I just railed 300mg and I'm feeling great! I'm about to do another 300mg. I'm 130 pounds is that safe?