View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried DPT for the first time just a few days ago. I only had about 15mg (insufflated) because I just wanted to get a feel for how I reacted to it by dose, as I hear that is variable from person to person, before going any deeper. I liked the smell/taste of it as it reminded me of DMT, but it probably wouldn't have been as pleasant if I'd had more. :p

With only 15mg, I had a very profound experience in meaning, though not very intense. I found myself thinking that DPT was a very special chemical. I was given a lot of insight into the ways in which I behave, linking them to specific events in my past. I felt understanding of my self and not too self-critical. At this dose, it obviously wasn't really visual, but I was surprised at how strong the body buzz was for the amount I'd taken. I felt an incredible energy pulsating through me, reminding me a bit of the feeling I get right before an orgasm. It was actually very nice, and the trip as a result was very sensual. I found the body energy to be comfortable and I wanted to extend into my surroundings.

Yes this chem is lovely. However it's the only psychedelic I've had that has given me the feeling that there are ghosts/spirits around me. I have also heard weird tapping noises in my bathroom and bangs coming from the kitchen in my house once. Neat huh!?

there is a guy called walter pahnke, he did experiments in the sixties at harvard where he gave DPT to terminal cancer patients and alcoholics - this was just after LSD was illegalised so i guess DPT was the alternative - as well as giving psilocybin to people before church; anyway he died whilst scuba diving - i heard he just floated out into the ocean and his body was never found, well that's the only explanation i could find. he was quite young when he died, i don't think it was suicide, but the notion of just drifting off into an empty sea just seems so mysterious, it's puzzling

I recently acquired a small amount of dpt. Actually to edit my post: it's a brown-red colour. Anyone tried dpt like this?

I'm not hesitant to try it at the moment, but will be over the weekend wether I like it or not.

Last edited:
Someone posted a while back on receiving some DPT that looked like the sands of mars. They posted a picture of it and it did look very impure (it might be somewhere in this thread). If it was me I would try to clean it up a bit before ingestion.

EDIT: I just found the posts for you. Take a look:

Ayrios said:
I found it, but I doubt you'd want any.

I got some DPT HCl finally with the intention of IM'ing it. I don't want to insufflate it and I don't think this form could even be cracked up into a safely smokable freebase because it appears to have inorganic impurities I don't feel like inhaling. Is there ANY hope of filtering this garbage through a Whatman and IM'ing it, or is this a total fail-purchase that I'm going to have to RA? It looks like the fucking sands of Mars.

The powder in attachment one is next to Adderrall for color comparison. Yes, it's really that red.

The 'solution' (which isn't going near my shoulder) in attachment two is 20mg heated and stirred for 20 minutes in 1mL of water.
Ayrios said:
I've asked around a bit and it's probably just some junk indoles I can get rid of... [deleted]

The effects are certainly distinctly that of DPT and it is potent. It just looks like dehydrated clay, heh...

Edit: This is nastier than I thought. I now have 100mg DPT HCl in 5ml dH2O and am waiting for it to settle... There's quite a bit of tiny particulates at the bottom, and small tan grains cling to the sides and float on top. Should I even bother pre-filtering it (it's probably all junk plant matter anyway), or go straight to A/B/A? I'm unsure of the purity so I guess I'll be low-balling how much NaOH I use in the initial separation... 1/8 as much NaOH as DPT, I suppose, rather than the 1/7 I would use for DPT of known high purity... Or can I stick with 1/7 since I'll be separating with naptha anyway? In DMT A/B extractions, I've approximated the NaOH I've used before (though I do own a few milligram scales now) and ended up with pure product due to the naptha layer, so the ratio of NaOH to DPT isn't as significant here as it would be if I was only using water and NaOH, correct?

I've read through the DPT conversion subthread, but everyone in it was interested in obtaining smokable product rather than cleaning up nasty DPT HCl with an A/B and getting it into a proper injectable form. My setup won't allow for gassing HCl through the naptha-containing freebase--I'll have to use muriatic acid to convert the evaporated freebase back to salt form. Is this a problem given DPT freebase's relative instability?

Mods, at this point, feel free to move this into the DPT physical properties subthread...

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=9682&d=1304149402
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/377135-The-Big-amp-Dandy-DPT-Thread-Life-and-Death-are-But-One?p=9594735&viewfull=1#post9594735

(From page 17 of this thread)

Dunno about cleaning it... but, i sniffed 80mg and that shit stinks. It's tru, it stinks throughout the trip pretty much. Didn't find it very euphoric. Colourful though. Everything sucks, everyone should be pysychedelic

Dunno about cleaning it... but, i sniffed 80mg and that shit stinks. It's tru, it stinks throughout the trip pretty much. Didn't find it very euphoric. Colourful though. Everything sucks, everyone should be pysychedelic

everyone ? what, even the guy piloting a 747 or the guy performing neuro surgery on a dying patient ?

Well I've been rather cautiously and tentatively dipping my feet into propylhuasca today, as I like to call it. 5 grams syrian rue tea, sipped slowly, then 30 mg DPT, then some time later 50 mg DPT.

So far, I'm just suffering a sort of mild dizziness, and drowsiness. I had planned to go on a hike but I spent the whole day in bed. :p Next time I'll go for the same dosages, but take them at once, instead of staggering, to see if I can get any extra mileage out of it.

DPT gives me the best night-vision ever. I can literally see completely perfect in a pitch black moon-less night. I guess i've just been shown the light.

Slowly vaporized about 100 mg of the freebase today, while listening to some music. Interesting stuff. Very easy, grounded psychedelic IMHO -- at least, compared to vaporized DMT. Which actually defied my expectations.

It was extremely easy just to allow my mind to reach this wonderful state of tranquility, through which the beauty in everything around me clearly shone.

It also had this very thick, heavy, dreamy fogginess to it. DMT is much sharper and lighter.

If I were to vaporize it more quickly, or at higher dosages, I imagine things becoming more heavily warped. Perhaps I'll explore that territory later.

Yeah, I mean I think subbreakthrough DMT is pretty "easy and grounded" but I doubt most would call breakthrough DPT that.

Pushed DPT freebase a little farther last night. Beautiful!

Loaded ~80 mg of the amber oil into my vape. Took a few decent hits, not sure how many -- not all 80 mg certainly. The entire time I was smoking it, I felt this very warm, loving energy building inside of me. Every time I exhaled, I would experience a euphoric rush, as this loving energy suddenly expanded. By the time I was finished smoking it, the energy took the form of a female presence, a hyperspace goddess of sorts, watching over me, ensuring my safety. The loving energy began to take on a sexual dimension, as if there were some sexual interaction with this goddess.

After a couple minutes of exploring this fascinating phenomenon of the female presence, I realized that for the entire duration of the trip, I'd been listening to these extremely lucid and strange audial hallucinations. They somehow complemented the experience so well, that I took them for granted, until I made a conscious effort to observe them. A series of intricate and complex "digital" sounding noises, that I can best describe as the cacophony of an alien factory, manufacturing their biotechnology.

The drug seemed to have a uniquely smooth and gentle integration with my consciousness. I distinctly noticed that there was a complete absence of a certain "sharpness" or "prickly-ness" that I had come to expect all psychedelics to have -- it was like the surprise of reaching out to touch a cactus and feeling the warm soft coat of a kitten. I know that's a bit of an absurd analogy, but it's the best I've got.

This was also accompanied by colorful and well-defined visuals, but as per the usual AppleCore trip, they were the least prominent aspect of the high. I can imagine that more visual trippers would be blown away by this aspect of DPT.

So near yet so far - I could've tried this but the vendor I was going to get it from is apparently having major heroin problems or sumat :( will have to wait...

Anyone else have experience vaporizing DPT freebase oil? It's been years for me, but just wondering what others exerience with it are.

Well I've been rather cautiously and tentatively dipping my feet into propylhuasca today, as I like to call it. 5 grams syrian rue tea, sipped slowly, then 30 mg DPT, then some time later 50 mg DPT.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting AC. I don't see much posted about people attempting propylhuasca. I'd image it can be very intense and a real ass kicker if someome gets reckless. If you go further by all means post. I know from reading your posts that you have a great way of describing your experiences.

So far, I'm just suffering a sort of mild dizziness, and drowsiness. I had planned to go on a hike but I spent the whole day in bed. :p Next time I'll go for the same dosages, but take them at once, instead of staggering, to see if I can get any extra mileage out of it.

5g of syrian rue might be a bit of overkill.

I just had my first experience with DPT. I am still under the influence as I ingested it about 2 hours ago, buy my GOD...I need to share the experience with somebody.

I will absolutely type a detailed trip report later, but right now I am having trouble grasping even the moment at hand. It is bizarre to be here typing this, as it wasn't so long ago that I would've called myself an athiest...now here I am, about to tell you all of a so called 'vision' I feel I have been given while under the influence of a psychedelic drug. I am going to spend a lot of time processing this, but jesus christ guys....i have been through my fair share of shrooms, acid, DMT, mdma, 4 years of daily cannabis use (36 days clean hallelujah!!!), 2c-whosawhatsit and well you get the point, im not inexperienced. I only to say that to implicate that the intensity of an experience like this isn't something completely new to me. Never in my life would I have put any merit in someone saying they 'had a vision'

oh god im rambling now, but heres what i experienced,

i took 1mg of 25i-nBOME + 750mg aniracetam at 9pm. Mind is very clear, havent ingested anything psychedelic in over 3 months and haven't smoked weed in over a month. Health is very good, personal and professional life are both growing and going very well for the first time in my life (hmmm must be tied to giving up the ganja lol) anyway..

the trip went well, it's 12am at this point..I took another 750mg aniracetam, had various ideas on self improvement and regions of my life I could put more attention towards. However it wasn't quite where I had wanted to get with this trip. My exploratory side got the better of me and I decided to bust out the 100mg capsule of DPT I had been given by a friend. I dumped a little less than half out and insufflated it. Within the next several minutes I started to feel a very pleasant build up, I noticed the visuals started changing, the energy of the two drugs really seemed to feed into each other in a very nice infinite loop of synergy if you will. I started to experience what I had come for - the blurring of boundaries, the loss of self and becoming one with all, visually and spiritually, no words can describe it but I know many of you know that of which I speak.

Well I was very satisfied with where I was at this point. The trip definitely felt much more complete and was sure as hell a lot more fun. The DPT canceled any of the bad body feel I had from 25i and ramped up the visuals to a dazzling degree.

THIS, however, is where my fucking mind just cannot begin to grasp what in THE HELL it has experienced. Say it was too much terminator as a kid, but I had a vision of the world being drawn to it's knees by technology. I saw humanity in desperation as the systems we relied upon failed/turned on us and so much pain and suffering and people just wanting to be with the ones they loved..im having a hard time typing this if nothing else because of the audacity of 'having a vision' in the first place and just because I myself can barely come to terms with it. I have to stop myself from crying even now!! Tears literally are in my eyes from thinking of it! Ahh.

I have never felt my heart pound so hard in my life as when i was having this vision (coming from someone who's outran police). It was almost as if Mother Earth was screaming out for anyone who would pay attention, to look at what we are doing!

I think I need more time to process all of this. It feels better to have been able to share it at least a bit though.

Above all else, I Love you guys!

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.