Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to trying this IM tonight

I'd say this is the first time I've gone beyond a threshold dose of anything in several years, but once I entered the space it was immediately familiar.

Dose was ~60mg, and effects began after about 10 minutes.

The question of the next hour or so was whether or not I was a soup or a puddle, or some other kind of mess entirely. Also... words?

Music was fantastic as always.

Physical sensations were an issue, especially on the come up and during peak. It trails off, but it's rough for a while. Distracting from the positive aspects of the experience. I guess Ketamine helps with that, from what I hear, but I'm iffy on using dissociatives.

The same body feeling seems to manifest when smoked as a steady vibration that builds and tingles all over the body as what I remember to be one of the greatest body highs ever. Although it has been a really long time so I may be glorifying it after the fact. Regardless, the feeling was similar this time but a little... herky jerky? fidgety? Not pleasant. Then after squirming around a bit I'd occasionally hit a spot and think "...actually this feels kind of awesome."

Mentally... a little too much self-evaluation of the negative sort: "I do this," "why do I ___?," non-productive self-criticisms, occasionally very depressing when I start to question behaviors that are probably hard-wired into my being. Not to say there are no positive/productive lines of thought as well, but there is definitely no assistance from the drug in getting to a positive line of thought. Whereas on mescaline I could lay and listen to music and drift away but nothing but the beauty of that moment in my mind, here I am often distracted from experiencing great things by self-analysis. It's strange to be touching upon pure bliss but also at the same time kind of bummed about some trivial aspect of my personality or something I said a week ago.

Some of what I name as negative side effects are simply a part of psychedelic drugs that is inescapable. If they were perfect... well... they'd be perfect, and they'd distract maybe a little too much from that whole "day to day existence" thing.

Still trailing off right now, and it's little more than a tension in my face/neck and a pleasant headspace, making good music better, and making me a sub-par writer/thinker.

Overall, good stuff, despite my complaints. There's no other psychedelic drug, that I'm aware of better suited for what I'm looking for. Perfect drug (for me) would be: total immersion in experience, euphoric, either a body high or no body feeling whatsoever (ie: forgetting that the body is even there), short lived (3 - 4 hours is good, 2 would be better. one or less might not be enough).

If you're looking for something short lived, I'd recommend either low to moderate dose ketamine (as you've already mentioned), or, just a few hits of decent pot during the onset. Almost every psychedelic experience I have involves one or two hits of high grade to lay the groundwork. It really softens the edges of an onset without clouding the experience the way it can if you smoke enough to get significantly high. Looking back on my trip reports, I think I almost universally forget to mention pot when I've used it because its mental influences aren't really contributing much, and its just a matter of habit to combine it with psychedelics at this point. Still, I've never thought a little bit of pot did anything but improve a trip. I would also suggest trying 10mgs less of DPT next time to see if that makes a difference. 50mgs is my sweet spot for visions and ecstasy, with 60mg+ I feel that spontaneous ego death is a substantially greater possibility--though that's only happened to me once with DPT.

^With respect, I'd have to say that the suggstion of smoking weed is one that some should take with a grain of salt; at least for me personally I do not usually like a lot of weed on psychedelics at least at the outset, I find it to cloud the peak and sometimes make it more intimitating and dark ... this is about knownig yourself, though, some people aer quite the opposite .

SomeKindaLove said:
^With respect, I'd have to say that the suggstion of smoking weed is one that some should take with a grain of salt; at least for me personally I do not usually like a lot of weed on psychedelics at least at the outset, I find it to cloud the peak and sometimes make it more intimitating and dark ... this is about knownig yourself, though, some people aer quite the opposite .
I hear you, and agree. That's why I suggested just "one or two hits." At this level I've never noticed any paranoia or mental cloudiness the way I have at "higher" doses, only a softening of physical symptoms and anxiety without detraction from the beauty and depth of the psychedelic experience. If anyone experiences these negative qualities of pot, even at low doses, I suppose you'd be better off just dealing with the edge of the onset as it is, rather than sharpening it further. Still, given SmargFlap's specific complaints with DPT, in my experience low dose pot is precisely the remedy.

Ketamine generally sends it off in weird directions at warp speed, total immersion guarenteed. Ketamine wears off after about 45 minutes and you're pretty much back to where you'd have been without the dissociative weirdness (well in terms if intensity, you're not necessarily in the same place mentally!)

Whoa, interesting to see that my trip report posted. When I sent it, I received an error message and chalked it up as lost to the voids of the internet.

Re: pot

I've considered using this, but there's something in me that in the past few years responds very negatively to pot. It's far stronger in my brain than it ever had been, and I find it to be almost entirely disabling and it induces anxiety strong enough to occasionally hint at a full fledged panic attack. Even among friends, I'll decide to smoke, and shortly thereafter I can't communicate and I feel like I need to get away ASAP. This could just be due to the method of smoking (people sure love gbs these days), and the fact that I've usually had at least a few beers. Small amounts of pot alone could be okay, but I'm a little scared to throw it into the mix. I should probably figure out my relationship with the herb at some point, on my own terms and not from somebody's two-liter-in-a-bucket... I used to greatly enjoy it, but a few bad times have really turned me off of it. Strange, I can readily take on a strong psychedelic experience but pot sends me running with my tale between my legs.

I am interested in trying with ketamine, but I still have concerns about dissociatives, and I trip very rarely so it might not be worth the effort to secure the stuff through some shady internet operation. I'm very far out of the drug scene in my day to day life so I'd never have it otherwise.

edit: Reading around, the reports on MET and some of these other recently developed materials seem as though they might be heading towards something even more specifically perfect for my needs. Maybe one day these scientists will figure it out for me ;)
Maybe for next time.

Anyone know if there would be any cross tolerance with 2c-e? Snorted 13mg last night (for the last time ever, fuck that gets old lol I'm tryin oral next time)

Anywho, I was thinking about trying DPT tonight for my first time, but I don't want it to be messed up because of last night, anyone know if it would take away from it?

And thanks for the alcohol comments.. I'll keep it to a minimum. I definitely fucked myself up over the last summer, I've been drinking for years, but went balls out this summer and I'm noticably addicted now, I can't quite relax without at least a little bit in me now.. I need to kick the shit, been weaning.. it gets in the way of good drugs =p

oh boy. So yeah, dpt is fucking amazing, need to write a report.. but slight medical concern here, and this is kind of gross and embarassing, but has anyone ever shit blood after snorting this stuff??? I fucking loved the experience, but first time I go to the bathroom a few hours later, and.. yeah, medical concern here, a lot of blood passed, and it was definitely connected to the drug this has never even come CLOSE to happening to me before..

I don't feel sick or anything so... I don't know.. kinda weirded out, has anyone heard or experienced ANYTHING like this? I didn't get a bloody nose or cough anything up, I don't get it.. I really fuckin hope this stuff didn't tear up my insides.. the blood thing seemed to be a one shot deal though..umm.. *ahem*.. no further developments since the first spooky time... I'm at a loss here lol, this is fuckin weird

And incase your wondering, no, absolutely was NOT a hallucination, very friggen real

^ No one I've ever heard of - the chances are very very high that it's some other cause.
Go to your doctor & get it sorted out

B9 said:
^ No one I've ever heard of - the chances are very very high that it's some other cause.
Go to your doctor & get it sorted out
Seems to have been a one shot deal with that.. It was definitely connected to the chem though, like no doubt whatsoever on that, the timeing and all.. i dunno

OK then you were the one who experienced it, all I'm saying is no one I know has had anything like this happen & it's not an uncommon drug to be used.

Still go for medical advice.

What would you think the mechanism could possibly be to cause such bleeding - it's a long way from your nose & I'm struggling to imagine how it could occur as a result of using DPT

Last edited:
Dragynfyr said:
oh boy. So yeah, dpt is fucking amazing, need to write a report.. but slight medical concern here, and this is kind of gross and embarassing, but has anyone ever shit blood after snorting this stuff??? I fucking loved the experience, but first time I go to the bathroom a few hours later, and.. yeah, medical concern here, a lot of blood passed, and it was definitely connected to the drug this has never even come CLOSE to happening to me before..

I don't feel sick or anything so... I don't know.. kinda weirded out, has anyone heard or experienced ANYTHING like this? I didn't get a bloody nose or cough anything up, I don't get it.. I really fuckin hope this stuff didn't tear up my insides.. the blood thing seemed to be a one shot deal though..umm.. *ahem*.. no further developments since the first spooky time... I'm at a loss here lol, this is fuckin weird

And incase your wondering, no, absolutely was NOT a hallucination, very friggen real

You ever suffered from an ulcer or similar as it's possible that anxiety caused by drug use could aggrivate such a condition?

As people have said though, get a doc to look at it as bleeding from the arse can be anything from piles to first signs of colon cancer

I dunno.. I've been throwing up a lot latey and under a ton of stress, maybe that was the straw that broke the camels back and the chem that was swallowed eroded something enough to bleed? I'm pretty confused myself.. it all seems to have been a single incident though, no more uh trouble..

fastandbulbous said:
You ever suffered from an ulcer or similar as it's possible that anxiety caused by drug use could aggrivate such a condition?

As people have said though, get a doc to look at it as bleeding from the arse can be anything from piles to first signs of colon cancer

I was just starting to wonder along these lines

fastandbulbous said:
Think positive - it might be a sexy female doc putting her finger up your arse :D

:p

Well... usually I'm the type to ignore stuff like this for a couple years.. but I think I'll give it another week or two before I make any calls.. Long as things stay alright like they are, if that happens again at some point I'm callin right away though.

Ulsur wouldn't surprise me at all though at this point.. nothin like a good trip to make you more fuckin aware than you'd ever like of a medical problem lol

Status
Not open for further replies.