View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same position! Although I already snorted it and thought the come up would be faster. I did 30 mg. Wish I had done a little bit more say 37.5. Started to feel it in 15 min and it gradually built up for another 40 minutes.

The comeup doesn't take very long. For me, alerts 5 minutes and you're on your way to the peak within 10 to 20 minutes. I suppose it depends on your biology.

Dwayne, many people recommend about 25mg, but that doesn't really get me where I want to be usually. 50mg or higher seems about right. Having said that, I've found insufflation to be less than ideal. I prefer rectal. The comeup is nice, takes the same time as insufflation, with the same potency and I don't get the shakes or arrythmia anywhere near as bad. Mind you, you might want to start low considering DPTs wide variablility in effects per dose. I think you'll like this one.

Shishigami, are you still high? I'm assuming so since only an hour and a half has passed since you started the thread: how intense are the effects for you at that dose? I know what you mean about the long build-up, it seems to be slower to the peak than other psyches but I find that the last part of the comeup is very smooth. In comparison to the way, say, 4-subbed trypts suddenly rush at you.

Yea, I think its better to take a nice big healthy dose to the nose and it comes up in about 20 minutes, 30 fully maybe, last for two hours maybe, IDK.

Shishigami, are you still high? I'm assuming so since only an hour and a half has passed since you started the thread: how intense are the effects for you at that dose? I know what you mean about the long build-up, it seems to be slower to the peak than other psyches but I find that the last part of the comeup is very smooth. In comparison to the way, say, 4-subbed trypts suddenly rush at you.

Yea I was, I posted the thread because I was getting worried since I had read that the come up was 20 min and thought that meant 20 min to peak.

The effects for me were mainly body, I felt very relaxed and calm, mildly euphoric. I had little visual movement at that dose unless I focused on something. The way it was touted I thought 30 mg was gonna be a bit asskicking which was one of the reasons I was worried about how much longer it was going to be. It turned out to be a very gentle and nice ride.

Basically I was expecting something akin to a visual but non breakthough dose of DMT, just spread out. It was like the turning point between visual and non visual DMT spread out with a bit less euphoria.

I've tried 2c-i, 2c-e, and 4-aco-dmt.. was looking for another RC, and after reading through literally the first 10 pages of this thread, I've decided I'd really like to acquire some of this wonderful sounding chemical. With 4-aco-dmt being my only tryptamine, how would you compare DPT to it? I keep reading how DPT feels highly sensual/sexual in ways; is sex on it amazing/something I could actually do while on it? Others report that music sounds amazing and it makes them want to get up and dance; is getting up and moving a problem? Would this be suitable for a rave? Not in extremely high doses, of course, because it sounds like it can be somewhat hellish.

When i've mixed DPT with ketamine, it's been more of a sensual seductive trip, but when I snorted 120 mgs of DPT, boy it was aT fucking rough ride. It lasted about 4 hours long in total. There was an initial unique tryptamine flash at the beginning, with crazy muscle tremors that were much more intense than I was anticipating them to be, even though I knew I would get them. After about 20 minutes of off the wall fucking intense tripping balls, there was another 40 minutes or so where it was intense but not like initially. The remainder of the trip was remarkably acid like or somethign in quality. All in all it was a very awesome trip, and DPT is certainly a Unique one. And Music and DPT do indeed mix fantastically well.

Takes around 45 minutes to really reach the maximum when I snort it.

Another quick question. Will 50 mg of DPT leave someone in a state similar to breakthough DMT where they aren't able to really respond to outward stimuli? My research says no but I want to confirm as I plan on doing this outside.

It didn't hit me hard at all. I find DPT very hard to characterize and think about its effects after the trip. All I can say is that it is less visual than shrooms/4-aco-dmt and all in the mind yet no mindfuck. A confusing but very valuable chem, to say the least.

EDIT: I realized I had no idea of the intensity of the trip either. At times it felt like it was incredibly intense while it most certainly wasnt.

Last edited:
I found the visuals at 50mg snorted to be stunning. They reminded more of LSD than Shrooms. I could respond to the external but it would be optimal not to have to. DPT caused some wild "electric" body jolts that caused some alarm during the peak. As with any powerful psychedelic the feeling of alarm can cause some wild visual distortions. It is a worthwhile tryptamine but I prefer the easy visual field of most phens(2c-e/2c-p excluded).

Maybe it was because I did it at night, but I had very little in the visual department. Lights, however, were certainly different and took on a gentle and comforting aspect. I was also fine with walking around and talking with my trip mates the entire time, although I can certainly see how being alone in my room could be very nice and possibly preferred.

I found it, but I doubt you'd want any.

I got some DPT HCl finally with the intention of IM'ing it. I don't want to insufflate it and I don't think this form could even be cracked up into a safely smokable freebase because it appears to have inorganic impurities I don't feel like inhaling. Is there ANY hope of filtering this garbage through a Whatman and IM'ing it, or is this a total fail-purchase that I'm going to have to RA? It looks like the fucking sands of Mars.

The powder in attachment one is next to Adderrall for color comparison. Yes, it's really that red.

The 'solution' (which isn't going near my shoulder) in attachment two is 20mg heated and stirred for 20 minutes in 1mL of water.

Attachments

• dpt1.jpg
    dpt1.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 236
  • dpt2.jpg
    dpt2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 188
wow that looks terrible. do you even have reasonable confirmation that it is what it claims to be?

perhaps try an acid/base extract as if it were impure plant matter.

I've asked around a bit and it's probably just some junk indoles I can get rid of... [deleted]

The effects are certainly distinctly that of DPT and it is potent. It just looks like dehydrated clay, heh...

Edit: This is nastier than I thought. I now have 100mg DPT HCl in 5ml dH2O and am waiting for it to settle... There's quite a bit of tiny particulates at the bottom, and small tan grains cling to the sides and float on top. Should I even bother pre-filtering it (it's probably all junk plant matter anyway), or go straight to A/B/A? I'm unsure of the purity so I guess I'll be low-balling how much NaOH I use in the initial separation... 1/8 as much NaOH as DPT, I suppose, rather than the 1/7 I would use for DPT of known high purity... Or can I stick with 1/7 since I'll be separating with naptha anyway? In DMT A/B extractions, I've approximated the NaOH I've used before (though I do own a few milligram scales now) and ended up with pure product due to the naptha layer, so the ratio of NaOH to DPT isn't as significant here as it would be if I was only using water and NaOH, correct?

I've read through the DPT conversion subthread, but everyone in it was interested in obtaining smokable product rather than cleaning up nasty DPT HCl with an A/B and getting it into a proper injectable form. My setup won't allow for gassing HCl through the naptha-containing freebase--I'll have to use muriatic acid to convert the evaporated freebase back to salt form. Is this a problem given DPT freebase's relative instability?

Mods, at this point, feel free to move this into the DPT physical properties subthread...

Last edited:
I used to use DPT about 12 years ago relatively soon after it first hit the market. I always used IM because all of the info I could find at the time recommended Intramuscular usage. I used 70-100 mg on a few different occasions into my upper thigh, but it was never very intense for me. And the upper thigh pain/bruising sucked! I had mixed the HCl salt with distilled water... I'm thinking sterile saline would be the way to go if I had to repeat.

When I read the forums recently, I was kinda shocked that DPT's status had been elevated so high, and that is said to be so intense.

You guys think I would have had better luck smoking it or nasally using it? I'm basically a softhead when it comes to 2c's or mushrooms , low doses do me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.