Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like insufflation either.

Rectal administration always works perfectly for me. I find that rectal doses start to come on within about five minutes building to intensity within about fifteen minutes. 50mg to 100mg DPT is a wonderful ballpark, with higher doses getting ever more OOB. Full immersion can be achieved with this method of administration.

Insufflated I found it one of the most vile things I ever put up my nose, but I'm not that big on insufflating things anyways. The drip was horrible.
i agree with you, snorting tryptamines is just gross.

i´m thinking about ordering some dpt in the next days.
my plan is to IM it along with some methoxetamine in one shot.

If i´m not completely mistaken this combination could prove to be very valuable.

i´m thinking about 50mg methoxe + 10 - 20mg dpt to start with.

Would you guys say that´s to much as an introduction to dpt?

well, some would say any combination is a bad way to get to know a substance for the first time...

that said, trip report literature suggests that that will be a ridiculously wonderful combo...

^ I agree, while it's a better idea to try substances on their own before doing them in combinations with each other, dissociatives can take away some of the unpleasantries that accompany DPT. Ketamine and DPT is a pretty popular combination, Methoxetamine might be a good "substitute". 50 mg IM of Methoxetamine seems a little big though, have you done that before?

I found vaping it superior in pretty much every way.

I only tried smoking it once at ~25 mg's, but it was far more benign than it was insufflated, a lot friendlier; though it was more of a treshold experience than anything else, so I don't really know how much value that observation holds. Similar to my first time trying it out at 45-50 mg's, which was in combination with either 300 or 450 mg's of DXM, don't remember the exact dosage. That 25 mg's unexpectedly knocked me on my ass and gave me some severe jitters.

^ I agree, while it's a better idea to try substances on their own before doing them in combinations with each other, dissociatives can take away some of the unpleasantries that accompany DPT. Ketamine and DPT is a pretty popular combination, Methoxetamine might be a good "substitute". 50 mg IM of Methoxetamine seems a little big though, have you done that before?

yes i´ve injected doses up to 70 mg, where 70mg are sufficient to send me into total dissociation. 50mg tend to bring me to the edge of an out of body experience, but arent enough on their own to start the endless falling.

I've only snorted it. That's all it took for me to say "this would be way better if it was smoked".

Snorting DPT is F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-A-S-T-Y. Not only did it taste terrible, it left a searing burning spot that trickled down my throat AND I could feel it even after a full good nights rest, *&* I swear the DPT was interfering in a strange way with my ability to swallow my saliva. It wasn't that so much as it was just making my throat spasm weirdly and involutarily for 10 minutes or so after I snorted it...it was pretty minor, but it was there and it was very annoying.

IM or vaped or rectal or oral or for the love of god try rubbing it all over your genitals, ANYTHING but fucking snorting DPT. Just kidding on the genitals remark, but wheeeewee is DPT ever not nice to snort. It is hands down the worst thing i have ever railed.

Snorting DPT is F-U-C-K-I-N-G N-A-S-T-Y.

I think the nastieness is one thing all tryptamines have in common. I snorted foxy once -> never ever again. It tasted so unbelievably nasty, i had to concentrate not to puke.
Never tried it with amt though, the crappy taste put me off. If you´ve got amt, just plug it.
With dpt it seems that IM is the way to go, otherwise it gets terribly expensive/nasty.

Popping your cherry on a new psychedelic is an important event. Why would you want to ruin it in a combo? DPT already has a dissociating element to it.

you're right, i was planning to check out a small dose of dpt on it's own first, to see if there are any bad reactions (physiological and psychological).
if everything goes right i´ll mix it with methoxetamine on the next occassion.

by introduction i meant to fully explore the potential of dpt in combination with a dissociative.

i know that dissociative element from numerous vaped dmt experiences. it's just, if the dpt is administered IM, the experience itself is most likely much longer than the dissociative part of it, as the dissociative element just occurs to me during the peak effects.

also i'm quite eager to try the combination of a simple tryptamine with a dissociative since i took a fairly high dose of lsd with ketamine.

Last edited:
even doing methoxetamine after the DPT has worn off is nice. After a DPT session, i like doing a big fat line of ketamine to chill out a bit, get the muscles all relaxed again.

I have tried combining methoxetamine with DPT, and it was really amazing. I haven't tried DPT with ketamine, but if it's anything like methoxetamine and DPT I understand why people have been giving the combination such raving reviews.

(All doses are insufflated, time in hours:minutes). I started out with 30mg of MXE at T+0 and another 30mg at T+30. At T+1:30 the effects were quite pronounced but I still felt I had decent control of the the trip (I was sober enough to for example do the dishes). I then took 40mg of DPT.

I had sampled 80mg of the same batch about a week earlier and not gotten much effect at all, but I thought that was because I had taken tramadol earlier the same day and its SSRI effects were blocking the DPT; 40mg then felt like a sensible dose sans the tramadol.

At T+2 I felt the dissociative effect of the MXE very strong but there was very little in the way of a tryptamine high. I noted that my sinuses were no longer blocked and got a bit worried about vasoconstriction (I often do when on psychedelics/dissociatives, not sure why). After deciding that blood flow to my limbs was indeed not shutting down I took another 48mg of DPT.

After about 30min (T+2:30) I was very very high. None of the usual bodyload of the DPT was felt, which I saw as a minor miracle. The MXE further contributed by giving the trip a sense of "great importance", something I have previously experienced with dissociatives such as ketamine and DXM. I call this feeling "the rapture", as it makes me feel like the world is undergoing a big fundamental change and I'm in the middle of it. I'm an atheist by the way, so don't read anything into my choice of wording :).

I was reading a minute-by-minute report from the riots in Cairo and my thoughts revolved around things as democracy spreading in the world, the peoples struggle for freedom and so on. I felt very blessed to be following this very important event, even though in all honesty it has no greater bearing on my life personally.

Shortly after this I lost the ability to 1) read and subsequently 2) operate my laptop computer. The rest of the trip was spent on my back listening to 70's progressive rock, spanish chillout and shpongle.

Sometime around T+5 I took 10mg of zolpidem and 10mg of diazepam to get some sleep. I'm not sure at what time I actually fell asleep, but there was no unpleasant "staring at the roof"-insomnia.

All in all I really enjoyed the experience. Normally I'm not a big fan of lowish doses of dissociatives but the MXE really brought out the best of the DPT. The absence of a body load (which is at least for me normally present on many if not most tryptamines) was a godsend and made the trip so much more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Just got to try DPT last night, insufflated at 80 mg. Was pretty fun, not too crazy, but I wasnt expecting it to be at this dose. The only negative aspect for me was the drip, which was one of the worst Ive had, and because it kept making me gag I was only able to keep it down for about 15 minutes. Still though after that had a really enjoyable trip, and I didnt get any of the legandary tremors, which I consider a win.

So I guess my question is that dpt was a fun chemical, but I really dont want to use this ROA again. So does anybody have a good rectal dose? It seems like IM is the way people like to go, but Id kinda like to get more experience with this chemical down before I go there. Or an oral dose, with or without an MAOI? Do you guys think 250 mg without an MAOI would be over the top? At this point I think Id rather have a really good trip without the drip then 2 with it.

moe.ron, I've used DPT via rectal, insufflation, IM, and IV routes of administration, and my favourite is definitely rectal. I find a good dose to be anywhere between 50-100mg, depending on how far out I want to go. Of course, the dose will be personal to you, and (going by the above) it seems like you naturally require considerably higher doses than most. But that would be a normal ballpark for me, with the higher doses eliciting out-of-body tendencies.

Rectal dosing seems a whole lot more smoother and steadier than any of the other routes of administration (save for oral which I haven't tried). IV tends to be too confusing and shortlived, IM is more potent dosage-wise but doesn't provide any qualitative benefits over rectal (for me), and insufflation just doesn't do it for me. I find I can redose easily if I undershoot, with no tolerance effects, as it kicks in quickly (starting to come-up in 5 minutes), but allows me a feeling of roughly how intense it will get before I plateau.

I'm going to respond to a few things in this thread without directly quoting them, don't have time to find 'em.

1. yes it's vile to snort

but 2. all tryptamines aren't vile to snort (4acodmt is an example, and possibly alot of the other 4subTs).

and 3. I didn't find the best way to engage in it to be to 'percolate' becuase it did hurt really bad since I was snorting it that'd often ruin the experience.

The best exprience I had on it was when I broke through. I've never broken through on DMT, only DPT... I snorted a huge rail and the open eyed world looked like underwater las vegas. I closed my eyes and was transported to other dimensions, in one I could control all of my visual reality in its entirety. I created a floating chrome covered meditating figure in space and concentrated on meditation and peaceful unity type stuff. While this was happening, it was interspersed with me being transported to a train station, there were no people there, but I felt a trains arrival was imminent and I walked around waiting for it. I didn't notice the burn cause I was tripping so hard. It was scary at first (thought maybe I hurt myself), then really interesting and great as I went through the discovery and breaking through part, then peaceful as I came back down.

And yes I toked on the salt. I smoked it out of a light bulb, and it worked... it was towards the end I was almost out of it, I remember it being pretty great tho..smoke a little..trip a little..smoke some more, trip some more heh...

this was all back in the pre-analog act web tryp days I had a G of the stuff.

i ate 300 mg and felt the dissociative properties really really strongly. pretty good visuals but everything was hazy...right when it began to peak i was going from alert and giggling to suddenly realising my eyes had been closed for some time. pretty nice over all but it felt in many ways as if i was tucked in bed just about to fall asleep.

yesterday i decided to "pop the cherry" with dpt.
since i tried dmt by intramuscular injection in doses up to 60mg i decided to jump in with both feet and start with 50mg dpt hcl.
there was also 40mg methoxetamine in the same barrel, to ease the transition into (dpt-) hyperspace.
my girlfriend played the tripsitter, so she stayed sober (stoned ;)). a friend of mine was eager to try it as well, so he came by and took only a little less than me (10% less of both or so).

so we layed down in the living room and injected simultaneously in the upper thigh (clap, clap).
as we finished my girlfriend turned off the lights and left the room.

about 4minutes later my friend started to speak some words, words like "no" or "shit" in a really winy fashion. so it was already taking effect, but not much more than a tryptaminy-fuzzy look to the world. a few minutes the experience started to get intense. the room around me took on a really bizarre style and it became difficult to tell if my eyes were open or closed. at the same time those really weird sounds appeared, just like on dmt, yet so different.
they became louder and louder until my whole auditory perception consisted of a very loud deep frequency. my body felt really strange by that time, it seemed to me as if my bones consisted of strings bending outwards, trying to get out of the cage of my body. this feeling grew stronger until my body was gone.
at this point there were corridors and i was laying in them, in fact infinite amounts of me were laying in them. each corridor had an infinite amount of me in it and there were infinite amounts of those corridors. i started floating to the corridors, looking at each one of my selfs, laying there.
at some point my perspective shifted, as if i'd look into another direction. i was one of those selves now. then i stepped out of the self laying there, it really made sense now. after this point my memory is a real mess, i'd fail to describe what happened then, egoloss that's for sure =D

half an hour later i was able to move again. i looked at my hands which consisted of a slimy goo as the rest of my body. when i moved my fingers they would stick to other fingers and merge to one limb in the end. my friend was crying now and it was freaking me out, so i stood up and left the room. i felt reborn and could'nt stand this winy mess...
i walked to my girlfriend and tried to tell her what just happened. it did'nt work, all i could say was nonsense, but i knew it. at that time i felt like a toddler, beginning to figure it all out.

at t+2h i was baseline again. what a ride!
i did'nt regret starting out with such a dose.

it seems to me that if dmt represents life, dpt is the force behind it.
it's more abstract to me and not as gentle.

next time i will take more dpt, less methoxetamine or possibly no methoxetamine at all.
surprisingly my friend was'nt having a really bad trip at all he just was'nt prepared for the intensity as he never achieved the "higher states" on smoked dmt because he can't smoke bong properly...

Last edited:
CerebralFlux said:
at this point there were corridors and i was laying in them, in fact infinite amounts of me were laying in them. each corridor had an infinite amount of me in it and there were infinite amounts of those corridors. i started floating to the corridors, looking at each one of my selfs, laying there.
at some point my perspective shifted, as if i'd look into another direction. i was one of those selves now. then i stepped out of the self laying there, it really made sense now. after this point my memory is a real mess, i'd fail to describe what happened then, egoloss that's for sure

half an hour later i was able to move again. i looked at my hands which consisted of a slimy goo as the rest of my body. when i moved my fingers they would stick to other fingers and merge to one limb in the end.
Thanks for the report. I think you'll find your next experience with DPT by itself quite a bit different than the methoxetamine combo, that is, if my experiences combining ketamine with DPT (both IM) and other tryptamines are any indication. The feeling of a person's body moving through corridors, and the radical distortion of the somatosensory map (feeling you are stretched out, contorted in different shapes, etc.), are both often reported with ketamine. I find that these types of sensations are amplified even more by the addition of a psychedelic to ketamine. By itself, for me, at 40 - 50 mg IM DPT's sensory effects tend toward synesthesia, aesthetically toward the ethereal, and emotionally toward gratitude and feelings of awe at various forms of majesty and innocence. All of that is replaced by other experiences when combined with ketamine, making for a radically different -- "free to travel disembodied through the web of the subconscious" -- kind of trip.

you make a good point there! nevertheless i think that one is able to define the difference between dpt and dmt vaguely by experiencing this kind of combination as an introduction to the substance.

how much dpt on it's own would you recommend if one is quite experienced with vaporized dmt and is eager to see those kinds of trips, intensity-wise, with dpt?
so basically, how much dpt is needed for total dissociation from the body?

^For me that point is around 55 - 65 mg IM. I far prefer the 40 - 50 mg range, though, as it's right on the edge where lots of fascinating things happen, where the ego is peculating rather than bursting into steam. For me, the nature of the trip changes pretty radically into a more 5-MeO-DMT like ego vaporization experience at the higher levels. The first time I experienced ego death was on 65 mg IM. I'm actually comfortable taking higher doses of psychedelics with ketamine than without (at least with small to moderate doses of ketamine). The dissociation disengages me and mutes a lot of the stimulation and potential anxiety (though I can't say the same about combining with DXM, just ketamine).

Status
Not open for further replies.