View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't enjoy snorting it either - but I don't like snorting anything.

I'm going for an oral dose this weekend. :)

I was thinking about 200mg. TIHKAL's got a nice entry at that dose.

I'm going to be using DPT again tonight at 50mgs IM, so I wanted to put down a little bit more of my first experience with it for those who are interested.
The dose was 42mgs IM.
After administering the injection in my left deltoid, I picked up my needle and cleaned up after myself, this took about a minute. I then sat on the couch with my wife and we talked, only getting a couple sentences before I started to feel the effects, about 3 minutes later. It started with a sharpness to my vision and a sensation, quite difficult to describe, related to my breathing. I attempted to breathe into the coming rhythm. I then realized this was coming on very fast and decided it was best to turn off the TV and prepare my music. As I lay my head down on my pillow I felt, in a way I've never noticed before, all of the air in the pillow being displaced by my head and flowing out in a most organic manner. This all occurring in the space of what I think to be less than 5 minutes. My wife says it didn't even seem that long, and her sobriety leads me to believe she was experiencing time in a more earthly fashion and is probably correct.
I can't recall the transition very clearly or even how much time it took, but I found 'myself' outside myself in a way. There was only the process and 'struggle' of all life. I was swept away from human thought. Everything was very fluid and the sounds in that space were bubbling in a very liquid manner. A benevolent Indian/Hindu face took form in front of me and was conferring a form of knowledge of profound meaning to me. I remember thinking, "Please, tell me more. I want to know" But he faded away.
Images then began forming in the vein of old Asian people, with eyes that squinted and ebbed away. The images melting away into new ones of a similar style. It was all very beautiful. I pondered how a substance could create such a beautiful, emotional and meaningful experience, trying to find a scientific explanation grounded in physics. I wanted to know what could explain this.
I was becoming more aware of my body and the room around me. I checked the time and it was almost 45 minutes after my injection. I kept my eyes closed for a while longer allowing the visions to be shaped by the crescendos and swells of the music, trying to hold on to the headspace for a little longer.
I decided the most profound part of the experience was over and got up. Visuals continued while fading away for about 45 more minutes.
It was a very rewarding experience from a very magical substance. I'm increasing the dose this time to see if I can stay in DPT space a little longer and see what else I might experience. I'll follow up afterwards.

^Good luck in your travels. I remember other people saying earlier that DPT is very "Hindu" in its aesthetics. I'll say that it's the most highly ethereal psychedelic I've used (glowing eyes peaking out from behind wispy plumage and all that).

LSD effectively extended an IM DPT peak for me without changing the essential experience of the DPT. You might consider that combination if extending the peak is what you're looking for. Taking it with an MAOI might help a little, too. I've done this while using IM and not noticed much difference, but you might. Redosing obviously works too but I've noticed the best experiences tend to come from taking it all in one big shot. At higher doses DPT starts feeling like 5-MeO-DMT to me (ego vaporization). If you're reaction is similar to mine (I'm 180 lbs, btw), that threshold is between 50 and 65 mg.

I was thinking about 200mg. TIHKAL's got a nice entry at that dose.

Just to update this I did 195mg of DPT, but mixed it with an unknown amount of 4-hot-met. It was strong, but a nice ride. The visuals were pretty impressive too.

^Good luck in your travels. I remember other people saying earlier that DPT is very "Hindu" in its aesthetics. I'll say that it's the most highly ethereal psychedelic I've used (glowing eyes peaking out from behind wispy plumage and all that).

LSD effectively extended an IM DPT peak for me without changing the essential experience of the DPT. You might consider that combination if extending the peak is what you're looking for. Taking it with an MAOI might help a little, too. I've done this while using IM and not noticed much difference, but you might. Redosing obviously works too but I've noticed the best experiences tend to come from taking it all in one big shot. At higher doses DPT starts feeling like 5-MeO-DMT to me (ego vaporization). If you're reaction is similar to mine (I'm 180 lbs, btw), that threshold is between 50 and 65 mg.

I carry 140 pounds on a thin frame, but it seems I might be a hardhead with certain substances, as .55 mg/kg of IV DMT still left me with a desire to take it higher.
5-MeO-DMT is the last member of the 'classic tryptamine trinity' (DMT, 5-MeO-DMT, DPT) to try. I have some in the old stockpile, but I've yet to try it. I figure it'll let me know when the time is right.

Would oral DPT with MAOI reduce the tremors/heart issues? Or are the tremors an issue with Nasal route solely?

I can't speak to the nasal route, but I did experience some twitching/tremors during the experience. I simply thought of it as a manifestation of the physical energy and vibration and it didn't bother me, it wasn't unpleasant. And during the come-up, as brief as it was, I was very aware of my heartbeat being 'strong' or seeming that way. But again, this didn't bother me as I knew this was a possible effect and just focused on the experience itself paying no mind to it.

Hello all. I am interested in trying DPT, but have a few concerns.

First of all, after reading about those few disaster trips (one of which came on from just 50mg nasal) that involved seizures and near-heart attacks, I have become a little worried about this substance. How prevalent are these bad reactions? Is there any way to lower the chance of it happening? Maybe testing a threshold dose before embarking on the full voyage (say, trying 20mg nasal before going into 50mg) would help see if the body load is bearable?

Second, is this chemical alright to store at room temperature hidden from light, or is it necessary to put in the freezer/fridge to avoid decay?

Third, is a trip sitter necessary for someone who is experienced with solo tripping, but not with tryptamines?

Hello all. I am interested in trying DPT, but have a few concerns.

First of all, after reading about those few disaster trips (one of which came on from just 50mg nasal) that involved seizures and near-heart attacks, I have become a little worried about this substance. How prevalent are these bad reactions? Is there any way to lower the chance of it happening? Maybe testing a threshold dose before embarking on the full voyage (say, trying 20mg nasal before going into 50mg) would help see if the body load is bearable?

Second, is this chemical alright to store at room temperature hidden from light, or is it necessary to put in the freezer/fridge to avoid decay?

Third, is a trip sitter necessary for someone who is experienced with solo tripping, but not with tryptamines?

For your first few times, the start low and work up. For my first few experiences I started with 35mg insufflated, waited 5 minutes, then did 15mg lines (weighed before hand) until I reached where I wanted to be (ended up anywhere from 100-115mg). Personally, the body load was not unpleasant, only a slight tryptamine jitter. Two friends of mine had a great deal of nausea.

Once you figure out your dose (especially with something as unpredictable and powerful as DPT) you might feel comfortable doing the whole thing at once (I personally split it into two doses, half up front half 10 minutes later).

DPT seems to store fine at room temperature and I habitually keep all chems protected from light regardless.

As a first time, I would definitely suggest having a sitter present. While I never ran into any difficulty, DPT definitely has the potential to do some crazy shit.

Hope this helps!

How much?

I'll probably be enjoying DPT for my first time this weekend.

I bet I'll end up doing an oral dose as well b/c snorting sounds miserable, I've never done IM before, and I haven't really heard too much about plugging it.

How did you do it orally? In a capsure, or a drink?

Also did you take any maoi?

Well, I used 50mgs IM last night and I have to say that there was a stark difference between 42 and 50. It was an hour and a half when I opened my eyes this time. I typically like to think I have a decent vocabulary but I really can't even begin to describe this one :D
I was completely dissolved for quite a period. Very intense and absolutely epic. So much happened that it is very hard to bring a lot of it back at the moment. I guess I'll try to give it some thought and see if I can more adequately describe it later for those who are interested.

^Heh heh, sounds like you found that threshold I was talking about. In my experience, the best times with DPT are spent gently percolating.

Last time I did DPT I learned the true meaning of muscle tremors. I felt them most distinctly in my hands and forearms. At some points, it felt like a crazy vice grip wrapped around my arms so tightly. My fists were clenched kind of like someone having a seizure or something, and I could not open my fists when i tried. The tremors in my forarms were so fast and intense feeling it made me think of having industrial shaking machines attached to my arm muscles. This was all amidst the oncoming ego vaporization. The physical side effects tapered off pretty fast and I was still able to enjoy a nice DPT ride for a while. It was defintely one of the more intense psychedelics i've ever enjoyed. I would much rather smoke or IM it that snort it though. It was hands down the vilest thing I have ever railed.

^ It's such a shame it's mainly sold as a salt.

What's the temperature of vaporization for the salt? one of the mods mentioned about being able to use vaporization devices (Volcano) to vaporize the salt.

^ well the freebase is an oil at room temperature, which would be a little difficult to deal with. However it is fairly easily basified. One can do a crude base with sodium bicarbonate, or if you don't mind separating layers of oil & ammonia, that will work too. If you do this definitely read the tek carefully & don't smoke anything that smells like ammonia

DPT HCL- ~25mg insuff + ~25mg insuff at t+~0:20 (second bioassay)

I understand why the Church of the Inner Light uses this as an eucharist now. I also understand that a full 100mg would blast me apart, and I would be consumed by It. But it is enough, at this dose, to lay here with It, to be beside It, to marvel in Its strength and ecstasy and terror and -- tautology of being, is the best I can put it.

The sense of immersion into environment with power, being consumed and entangled in perception with electric intensity... this reminds me of other similar things, but at the same time it is quite unique. I've already come to think of it as the Propyl Push.

edit: I found railing this material less physically offensive than 2c-b, 2c-i, or cocaine. I found it about somewhat more offensive than 2c-c. No burn, no immediate need to flush sinuses, but it definitely created a histamine reaction of some kind.

edit: I found railing this material less physically offensive than 2c-b, 2c-i, or cocaine. I found it about somewhat more offensive than 2c-c. No burn, no immediate need to flush sinuses, but it definitely created a histamine reaction of some kind.
Hehe, I'm not with you on that one. Insufflated I found it one of the most vile things I ever put up my nose, but I'm not that big on insufflating things anyways. The drip was horrible. Stuff lodged itself into my sinus cavities and stayed there over a full hour, made me puke my guts out for at least the first half an hour. That was only ~25 mg's and it hit me hard, harder than my previous try with it at ~45 mg's.

i'm not a big fan of insufflation either. And that holds true with this substance as well. I found vaping it superior in pretty much every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.