View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have first hand experience of this with an maoi id be interested to know if it made doses much lower?
I have with IM doses. It didn't make any difference so far as I could tell. Interestingly, even with IM DMT MAOIs don't seem to make that much of a difference. I think the amount of MAO in muscle tissue is pretty low, at least in me, so inhibiting it during the short time it's on the way to the brain doesn't do much.

I have with IM doses. It didn't make any difference so far as I could tell. Interestingly, even with IM DMT MAOIs don't seem to make that much of a difference. I think the amount of MAO in muscle tissue is pretty low, at least in me, so inhibiting it during the short time it's on the way to the brain doesn't do much.

do you prefer snorting or injecting dpt?

could using an maoi help make DPT work at lower doses orally perchance?

To the first poster: I vastly prefer injecting it IM. There's no sting, no drip, the onset is faster, the quality superior, and the quantity used is of course more conservative. Among all psychedelics, most agree that DPT benefits much more than others when used IM versus other ROAs.

To the second: Yes, an MAOI will lower the very high oral dose needed to trip without it substantially according to reports. Visit the Erowid DPT combinations vault to get an idea of what different people dose for different intensities of effects. I've never used it orally with an MAOI, only with IM to see if it made a difference, which it didn't.

When making freebase from HCI, for the first time ..could you get away with just converting a small amount like 50 or 100 mg ?

^Probably. I think the following would work, but I'd like some confirmation from someone better versed in chemistry than me.

Make a tin foil vaporizer pipe by pushing a soda bottle cap into the foil to form a nice flat-bottomed bowl, then twist the remaining length of your tinfoil piece into a handle. Put on your safety goggles, figure out the moles of sodium hydroxide necessary to convert 50 mg of DPT HCl to freebase, and put both compounds into the flat foil bowl on a warm but not hot hotplate in a well ventilated area. Slowly add acetone to the mixture until all of it is dissolved (this is where someone more knowledgeable is needed to confirm this won't result in any dangerous reactions and will indeed dissolve both compounds).

Since acetone evaporates really quick, it should only be a matter of minutes before it all evaporates cleanly away and you're left with a vaporize-ready tinfoil bowl of oily DPT-freebase crystals.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure I've seen 90 percent IPA recommend for acid to base conversions in some instances and that's mostly not water. I think water is used most often because you're typically doing a pull with a non-polar solvent and so other liquids might not work for the pull. There's probably more to it, that's why I'm asking for someone more knowledgeable to weigh in to be sure, but I think as long as both dissolve in it without chemically reacting with the acetone it should work as a medium for the conversion... I guess you could dump a a few grains of each in and look for any signs of such a change. If nothing worrisome happens maybe go ahead with a 25 mg conversion attempt and test 'er out.

You could probably bounce the idea off of the ADD folk and have a definite answer within a few hours.

I took my own advice and asked about the viability of acetone for this conversion and others in ADD. In short, don't use it. What we probably want is lab grade methanol. It's also quick evaporating so it'll be just as convenient. But keep an eye on this link because at the moment there's still some ambiguities.

One combo I have been thinking about lately is DPT + 5-MeO-DMT. Anyone tried this? Maybe substitute DPT with its 4-oh or aco cousin though..

If you're looking for heavy ego dissolution and possibly ego death with more visuals than 5-MeO typically provides then it'll probably be a decent combo. 4-AcO-DMT and DPT combined nicely for me, though I didn't think there was all that much really special synergy like the way there is combining it with aMT or ketamine.

Earlier in the thread there's a post comparing the 5HT-1a/5HT-2a receptor affinity ratios for a number of psychedelics. Interestingly, DPT and 5-MeO had the highest ratios, with 5-MeO being especially extreme. I speculated at the time that the tendency of DPT to take on 5-MeO like ego dissolving properties at high doses might have to do with these similarities in affinity ratios, and also that the ego itself may be undergirded by a neuronal network wherein 5HT-1a plays central roles.

Last edited:
Yes. The ego dissolving qualities is what Im after. I tried 5-meo-dmt with a high dose of iprocin and it was an excellent combo.

Gonna be trying this one soon. I was curious about the effects of low doses. I'm obviously going to do my standard allergy tests & whatnot, but after that i was thinking of dipping my toes in the water at around 25mg & perhaps going up in 10mg increments.

Also, how does smoking the HCl salt work? I've read & would assume not as good as the freebase, but it still can be done i'd imagine. I'd convert some to freebase, but i've recently moved and all my shady glassware isn't available at the moment ;)

ive successfully smoked the hcl but is a lot weaker than the freebase.
With FB 30mg should be plenty for a +++, with the hcl that same dose is a +/++

DPT and 5meoDMT is a phenomenal combo. Smoke the DPT first or insufflate and wait about 15 minutes then smoke the 5meo. Make sure to be familiar with both first. The 5meo is complimentary to the DPT and takes on the latter's visuals while retaining the very characteristic effects of the former. Hard to describe it further ... That said I think that 5meoDMT does the job just fine without any help and my most profound ego-dissolution was with 30mg 5meoDMT freebase vaporized alone.

Last edited:
^Sounds pretty nice. I might give it a go if the plan to convert to freebase detailed above is found tenable. It's been years since I've experienced ego death and a short visit back with some visuals to maybe symbolically reflect what's happening would be an intense spiritual education I'm sure. I've gotten lots of these types of visuals when I experienced ego death on ayahuasca and IM DPT previously, but again with either of those you're in for the long haul. I'm just looking for the crash course to refresh my memory.

^ That sounds good. I was thinking letting the DPT peak, and then adding the 5-meo-dmt at the peak. :)
...Assuming Im coherent enough to add anything at that stage.. maybe dosing the 5-meo-dmt while coming up would be better.. I will have to do some experimentation. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.