View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose I could try smoking it... but I'm not seeing DPT freebase anywhere and I'm not familiar enough with washing to get rid of the salt...

I wish that DPT wasn't so expensive... Doing things intranasally hardly ever works for me and I'm not sticking a needle in myself any time soon.
I'm not sure about it but you may be able to enhance the effects of insufflated or plugged DPT by using it with an MAOI. For plugged you'd probably want to mix a small amount of an MAOI in with you DPT solution in addition to taking an MAOI orally so as to ensure you hit the MAO in the rectum.

Never tried it but will soon, i read dpt can be euphoric at lower doses.

I'm not sure about it but you may be able to enhance the effects of insufflated or plugged DPT by using it with an MAOI. For plugged you'd probably want to mix a small amount of an MAOI in with you DPT solution in addition to taking an MAOI orally so as to ensure you hit the MAO in the rectum.

I suppose I could do that... THH might not be too unpleasant a mix with DPT...

I forget where but there's a simple tek to convert dpt hcl to the freebase form. Smoking it is on par with smoking dmt. I actually prefer it. Snorting it was ok but a different, more alien experience that always reminded me a bit of the salvia mindset. Oral works but you need either a lot or less with an maoi. Those are the ways I recall trying it years ago...

On par with smoking DMT? Do you remember the doses? I have a roommate who is very straight edge so doing a DMT extraction is, needless to say, impossible...

EDIT: and if I remember correctly, the easiest way to get DPT freebase is to use 1/7th the weight of the DPT (already dissolved in the smallest possible amount of water) in lye... turns it to an oil... then evap...

Last edited:
a smoked dose is ~30mg for a +++.

Most homemade DPT freebase ive seen has been an oil, i saw a solid once but that came that came directly from the vendor as Freebase.

As for being on par with DMT.
It will probably be equally impressive but DPT has a much darker character.

edit: you edited your post as i was writing mine. I guess you know about it being an oil then.
The oil is obviously harder to work with and to measure out doses.

Does DPT have the tachycardia craziness that DMT does? I smoked DMT and my heart started pounding so fast that I thought I had died...

possibly, ive never experienced that with DMT though.

DPT is notorious for causing some pretty bad shakes.

Admittedly my DMT experience was not by itself... so it may not have been the DMT that caused it, although I have definitely read about DMT causing tachycardia.

The crazy thing is that I broke through - and barely remember a thing that happened. I was totally gone, my friend confirmed it, eyes were open the entire time but nobody was home... but I don't remember much of the experience at all. Weird.

As for the shakes... I'm not terribly concerned about it since I'm sure my Klonopin (daily) will attenuate that some.

DPT can cause some intense tachycardia, particularly if delivered quickly (ie smoked or injected) but no worse than any other tryptamine. Plus some of the tachycardia may be in response to a sudden, intense alteration of consciousness. I've found DPT does cause tremors a little more readily than other tryptamines I have tried, but really they are not that bad and it lacks many other bad side effects. Overall it is a very smooth ride ....
Oddly enough I have yet to experience any ego dissolution on DPT that I have on mushrooms, or even moreso with 5meoDMT. It might have something to do with dosing or tolerance, but it always seems I come under the bar.

Its VERY hard for me to experience full blown ego death. I usually have to combine things if I want to get that far - or do a boatload of DXM or aMT. Even high dose LSD didn't produce ego death in me until I did nitrous while everyone else around me was totally blasted from the same dose... The ego death induction is what really interests me about DPT but tachycardia is one thing I just can't deal with. Triggers a full blown panic reaction. :/

Yes.

Go to Erowid and read the DPT primer for info on how to get rid of the salt. It doesn't look terribly difficult to do. Although working with an oil would be kind of a nightmare in figuring out the dose...?

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=2378

That doesn't sound too pleasant though he obviously got high from it.

I used to get a semi-solid wax like material when I was able to purchase the freebase several years back. It wasn't difficult to work out a dose if that waxy material is what people are describing as oil. If it is not waxy and is actually more of a liquid, then I would take a known amount and dissolve it back onto some other herb to smoke like damiana or something.

Thanks for posting that link. I knew I had read the procedure to basify dpt but I forgot exactly where. It doesn't seem terribly difficult. If I am able to acquire dpt sometime soon again, I am definitely going to attempt to make a base of it. It is by far the superior form of working with this material in my experience. Plus it seems to last a little longer because the smoked dose isn't nearly as high as the amount needed for oral, and is still less than snorting it too.

Anyone have first hand experience of this with an maoi id be interested to know if it made doses much lower?

couple of questions about DPT

Gonna be trying this one soon. I was curious about the effects of low doses. I'm obviously going to do my standard allergy tests & whatnot, but after that i was thinking of dipping my toes in the water at around 25mg & perhaps going up in 10mg increments.

Also, how does smoking the HCl salt work? I've read & would assume not as good as the freebase, but it still can be done i'd imagine. I'd convert some to freebase, but i've recently moved and all my shady glassware isn't available at the moment ;)

^ From the little research I've done smoking the HCl requires a lot more material than the freebase. It seems to be wasteful.

How do you convert the HCl to freebase? If you can, maybe e-mail me if this isn't the right place for conversions.

To those that have more exprience with this one, how does smoking the HCl compare to snorting the HCl?

I understand that smoking the freebase is a lot better than smoking the HCl, but if you only had the choice to smoke or snort the HCl, which is more potent and which is more preferable? What are the differences in duration and effects?

Like Major_Dude I'm also wondering about the effects of low doses of DPT. I'm a little apprehensive about trying DPT, especially with so many seemingly more forgiving 4-substituted tryptamines I haven't dipped into yet, but when I do give DPT a shot I'd like to start low, like Major_Dude, snorting around 25 mg and adding a little more bit by bit.

What are the effects of low doses of DPT? Does tolerance develop fast, or can you start by snorting 25 mg and continue with 10 mg increments as seen fit?

What would be a recommended dose to snort for a first time, if only trying to get a feel for the drug and dip one;s toes in so to speak?

This one excites me a lot, especially reading the previous B&D archived thread

Status
Not open for further replies.