View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy DPT Thread (Version 2) - Life and Death are But One

Status
Not open for further replies.
^DPT doesn't complement MDMA well either, so I don't find it surprising that mephedrone didn't work out. If my experience generalizes then the best chance you have for getting near what you were probably looking for with the mephedrone combination is to combine DPT with aMT--those two get along much better.

I'm guessing the 4-MMC may have potentiated the DPT

I think that the mephedrone potentiation potential come from the strong mental openess it can give. It can gives you the mental capacity to 'produce/perceive' deeper psychedelic experience. This could be problematical, I found. You go too far, are too inhibited and receive message you could not be really ready to receive. sorry for the off-topic. great TR by the way !

^DPT doesn't complement MDMA well either, so I don't find it surprising that mephedrone didn't work out. If my experience generalizes then the best chance you have for getting near what you were probably looking for with the mephedrone combination is to combine DPT with aMT--those two get along much better.
Ah, yeah, I should try aMT some time... the duration kind of puts me off, though.

I think that the mephedrone potentiation potential come from the strong mental openess it can give. It can gives you the mental capacity to 'produce/perceive' deeper psychedelic experience. This could be problematical, I found. You go too far, are too inhibited and receive message you could not be really ready to receive. sorry for the off-topic. great TR by the way !
Interesting... my assumption had been that it was due to the 4-MMC acting as a moderate competitive MAOi; i.e. it was keeping MAO busy and letting the DPT have a stronger effect than normal. But I guess a psychological (rather than physiological) explanation is possible too. I think being in an altered state generally facilitates more easy acceptance of, or willingness to enter the psychedelic state. But I've never experienced 4-MMC alone as conveying any sense of mental openness, even though it has successfully launched a few trips (2C-B, 2C-E, 2C-C, DPT). I suppose 4-MMC seems to me rather anti-psychedelic in itself, but perhaps that's just to do with the set and setting of how I usually take it, which is generally with a rather purely hedonistic frame of mind.

has anybody else gone the plugging route with this chemical? I'd be interested in anything one might has to say about that, especially if you've experienced other ROAs with DPT that you could compare it to.

the one mention of plugging DPT in this thread seemed intriguing, although 150mg seems pretty excessive...

DPT IS WHERE I (the athiest) FOUND GOD... whish i could find him again!

in 2002- 2003 AMT DPT and the likes were all over the internet (not for human consumption 8) ) anyway... AMT was kinda novel, but DPT was GRAND! I mean I met god in the club and police helicopters shot rainbows down to the ground! If I were to do a psychedelic again (laying off as I am married and like the wall to stay still) but if I were to get DPT again.... I would def do that again. CHANGED MY LIFE and all those who (bravely?) were lab rats with me!

I am an atheist... and I SAW GOD! And admit this to this day... its been 6 + years and I remember it like nothing or no other substance next to MDMA.

DAMN THE "ANALOGUE ACT OF '03", i guess whe need to keep eternal war and this stuff is not going to buy ya votes for the wars and missles... if you want that I would suggest PCP? Dunno never did fry so can't say?!?!?! :)

PSSSS: MDMA AND AMT were bad ideas to add to a heavy dose (~125mg can't quite remember exactly) but yikes I learned a mystical respect for DPT. MDMA is great... by it self; or at least on a differant night! My opinion, as well as 2 friends anyway. B Safe Y'all.

I have some brown DPT, shouldn't it be white? I have 300mg of it, so I think that plugging it is the best method. Only thing that worries me is the color. Anyone have had brown DPT?

Yeah, Ive had some brown, smelly DPT as well. Worked fine though. I dont think its much of a problem as long as you dont inject it. You never know with those RCs though.

Yeah, Ive had some brown, smelly DPT as well. Worked fine though. I dont think its much of a problem as long as you dont inject it. You never know with those RCs though.

I snorted about 60mg, and did feel some mild effects, but it feels on my nasal cavieties and in my upper mouth like it burns! Damn I never snort brown RC-chemicals anymore, I snorted about 70min ago and still feel some pain. I could take more to get to desired effects, but I cant snort this anymore and taking orally needs lots of more. I can't image how this would burn rectally If I were to plugg this.

Well better smoke few bowls.

Heh, I tried few days back plugging 5mg brown dpt didnt hurt a bit and got treshold effects, I think plugging 120mg of this staff gives me nice ride :) I also take it with 500mg DXM so wish me luck and good vibes :p

Yeah i too have brown DPT.
But I think it burns even when it's pure... right?

I get the shaky bodyload shit when snorted, does plugging or taking it orally get rid of that?

I'm having a nice chuckle right now. People in this thread are worried about what color their DPT is. I just freaking wish I'd run across DPT even once in my life. Brown, white, pink, or purple. It wouldn't matter.

Just be glad you guys have it!

For some reason I've become rather fascinated by this chemical recently. I really hope to acquire some soon and IM/IV it. It seems like it could be more what I'm looking for (if it's in anyway similar to ketamine and or salvia - in the sense of leaving your body, entering a dream world, talking to entities etc.) I've read this entire thread and other topics on BL.

NEED SOME DPT! :p

Don't find it like ketamine at all - it can be completely brilliant tho.

Ah right... and yeah, it certainly sounds brilliant from what I've read :)

When I smoked it once I don't think I had enough, and my lips went well dry/numb... but it was still good. The CEVs were interesting!

Yarr, its too emotional to be compared to ketamine, but might be closer to salvia. The high doses experience is utterly reality shattering; nothing of you or your surroundings will survive :) One way that it dffers from salvia is the slower comeup (snorted/IM)- you can feel the fuckiing world being turned into serotonergic soup. Feels utterly godly :)

Ok seriously... What is this?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dipropyltryptamine

"While dipropyltryptamine is chemically similar to dimethyltryptamine, its psychoactive effects are markedly different.

The most prominent features of the DPT experience are increased significance or intensity of music, colors take on a new intensity or appearance, the body may have a buzz or vibratory feeling, a pleasant sensation of warmth, complete ego loss, apparitions of faces.

While seeing other beings under the influence of DPT may occasionally occur, the perspective is more as an observer or watcher, as contrasted to the more personal real-feeling entity contact reported with DMT.

Also sometimes reported is a loss of ego boundary; for example, the boundary between the self and a table may not be easy to distinguish. Difficulty distinguishing other boundaries is common as well. For example, different colors may be difficult to distinguish. Other sensory input may also become blended. This is distinct from synaesthesia.

A user may also encounter the feeling of experiencing the life of someone else, or having had all possible experiences simultaneously. One may have the experience of seeing the universe from different locations in space and time.

Visuals are often geometric, wavy, and/or spiraled. Other visual distortions and hallucinations tend to be experienced in the peripheral vision. The self or the environment may take on a stylized cartoon-like look or feel. Pleasant flashes of light and sparkles are also common."

Entity contact more as an observer? Sensory blending distinct from synaesthesia?

Far from factual, rather subjective and fuelled by mystical pretentions, I reckon. The whole tone of the article suggests projection of generalized information from subjective, first-hand experience. I would have written "DPT is a psychedelic" and the duration, nothiing more. Or at least made reservations regarding the highly subjective nature of the effects profile.

^Wow, yeah, that's an absurdly specific yet astoundingly vague generalization of DPT's effects.

swillow said:
The high doses experience is utterly reality shattering; nothing of you or your surroundings will survive
I've noted in an earlier incarnation of this thread that higher doses take on the character of 5-MeO-DMT. Does anyone else find that to be the case? Interestingly, I saw this graphic posted by Dondante in the Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome thread in ADD.

16246005.jpg

Whether it's significant or not, I don't know, but look at the similarity of DPT and 5-MeO-DMT's 5-HT2A/1A affinity ratios. 5-MeO-DMT is the most direct to the point ego dissolver I've ever used - it's like tuning your self-receiver to white noise. I definitely get that same sensation with higher doses of DPT, though with far more visuals and visions.

^ ^ Wait, could you please explain the graph to us? What are the bars measuring? And what does it mean that LSD is neither up nor down? And what's that second LSD doing there? My curiosity is piqued. Peaked, I say, peeked!

I've noted in an earlier incarnation of this thread that higher doses take on the character of 5-MeO-DMT. Does anyone else find that to be the case? Interestingly, I saw this graphic posted by Dondante in the Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome thread in ADD.

I've always thought of DPT as a mix of LSD and 5-MeO-DMT. Interesting someone else also found it - in some aspects - similar to 5-MeO-Dimitri.

^ ^ Wait, could you please explain the graph to us? What are the bars measuring? And what does it mean that LSD is neither up nor down? And what's that second LSD doing there? My curiosity is piqued. Peaked, I say, peeked!
Well, Dondante's the creator and could speak about the technical aspects better than I can, but it looks like DPT and 5-MeO-DMT have a greater selective affinity for 5-HT1a than 5-HT2a. LSD has about equal affinity, with, I believe, different studies (*) finding different but still similar affinities.

In a 2000 behavioral discrimination test with rats trained to discriminate 5-MeO-DMT by lever presses, a selective 5-HT1a antagonist extinguished lever presses when given in conjunction with 5-MeO, indicating that 5-MeO-DMT's "experiential" effects as indicated by lever presses in the rat are mediated by its 5-HT1a agonism and not 5-HT2a. There's more to it, and it can be read here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10638639

Those findings are unusual since 5-HT2a and c are the big psychedelic receptors, but it makes some sense because 5-MeO-DMT is such a unique beast compared to other psychedelics. I'm just curious to know if 5-HT1a has the premier role in ego dissolving effects as opposed to other psychedelic effects, since in my experience 5-MeO and DPT feel like the most targeted ego dissolvers (not that there aren't other routes to disrupting the ego pattern).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.