• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Anyone here have success kicking crack addiction?

Well, going on 15 days of no crack! So far, so good :D

Had some bad ass cravings over the weekend....went and bought some cannabis and used that to stave off the urge.

This is a strategy I can get used to ;)

^^^^^^
Glad you didn't suck on the pipe (crack, that is). At some point, you may have to deal with the real world, and all the shit it throws at you without drugs, or you might get sucked back in.

Good luck.

FC

Oh yes....I'm quite aware of the fact that life must be dealt with.....the real world..... it actually calls to me now :D

I have no intention of becoming a full fledge functioning pot head again.....althouhg I play the part very well ( Peter B Lewis like, if you will)

Drugs may not always be the answer, but I have no problem using cannabis as an aid to help me keep on the 'right' path of getting on with living.

And in the mean time, I chip away at (try and understand) the underlying causes of the initial chemical crutch and crush that is(was?) crack cocaine.

CloudyHazeD said:
. . . I chip away at (try and understand) the underlying causes of the initial chemical crutch and crush that is(was?) crack cocaine.

I feel ya bro. That's all any of us can do.

FC =D

dont get addicted to cannabis, psychologically, if u can help it
but i agree - its better smoking pot than crack
15 days is awesome - congrats!

Well fuck.

I broke my clean streak over the weekend :(

Me and a good friend (also someone whom quit when I quit) got together and did some drinking. Some xanax came along. Then someone comes by with some coke. This was late friday night.

From there we piss through $800 some odd dollars. Next thing I know it's 2am sunday.

Man I fucking hate this shit. I feel like the past month and half of staying off the shit was for nothing. Now I'm back to square one. My family was just starting to trust in me again, and now that too is shot.

Fuck me.

CloudyHazeD said:
. . . I feel like the past month and half of staying off the shit was for nothing. Now I'm back to square one . . .

Not true CH; you just need to learn from your mistakes so that you don't repeat them. Let's examine them one by one:

1. Me and a good friend who I quit with . . . Learn to spend your time hanging with at least one person with significantly more time than you do. A sober group is even better.

2. - did some drinking. . . Even if you don't have a problem with alcohol, it lowers your willpower; try staying completely away until you have at least 90 days.

3. Some Xanax came along . . . Sorry, but Xanax doesn't have legs. It had to get there somehow. Hanging out with people who still use (anything) is going to lead to trouble.

4. Someone comes by with some coke . . . What are you doing letting "someone" into your home?

So you made it almost 60 days. That's pretty damn good. Think about what you did right; what you could have done different. Don't try to quit forever; just try to beat that record one day at a time.

FC (364 days clean =D )

^i cant add anything
that was the best advice ive ever seen
and happy cleantime bday for tomorrow FC =D

Well fuck.

I broke my clean streak over the weekend :(

Me and a good friend (also someone whom quit when I quit) got together and did some drinking. Some xanax came along. Then someone comes by with some coke. This was late friday night.

From there we piss through $800 some odd dollars. Next thing I know it's 2am sunday.

Man I fucking hate this shit. I feel like the past month and half of staying off the shit was for nothing. Now I'm back to square one. My family was just starting to trust in me again, and now that too is shot.

Fuck me.

I know the feeling.

My family don't know about my addiction, I'm too scared to say anything because my mom really cares for me & I don't want her to lose sleep at night.

My life is so empty, crack is the only thing that provides the escapism I need.

Every time I'm about to go smoke, I think to myself "am I gonna die this time".
It's stupid I can disregard my own life for a shitty substance.

Chasing these bellringers has gotta stop, but I've been here before many times.

I wish you the best of luck.

you need to help yourself mate, its not the people you know, or the places you go. it is you, stop whining and feeling sorry for yourself. get a grip man.ps not had a pipe for 5 years an i still dream about the shit.get some flake rock it up make your pipe, cut it in to pipe size bits.dont fuck around i mean big ass pipes that u gon be proper sick on. get by y our toilet light your lighter and tip the lot down the pan flush it. stand up look in the mirror and slap your self. hard in the face ask yourself if there is more to life than this. your answer will be looking you straight in your eyes. if you wanna stop you will just stop. see old friends dont hide away. hold your head high, treat your family or your loved ones. do a good deed wash the pots whatever. replace it with something, dont sit watchin tv all day. do a few sit ups a few squats keep a record of it and next time it on your mind do a few more situps more than before. knitt a jumper kiss your neighbour. you the only one who can truly save ya. best of look, dont try just do it x

I wish i could ever get something good enough to get addicted but when i had a powder addiction i look back on it and say y did i stop and i dont know when or y but i just stopped using it i dont know if my body got tited of it and didnt do much for me n e more but i stil do once in a while if my guys got girl too but thats it maybe once in two or three months

It is necessary to think a little of the close people, this the best that is in this life. If me tightens, I say no through very big pains. After all native for me it everything in life. The high has to be measured.

Used to sing "Jesus Loves Me" to the demon spawn. He did not like it! I got kind of tired of it myself.

This monkey has not climbed on my back until this year. I will be 49 effing years old this Year and I am stuck on the shit. I could use some tips to get rid of this beast. Suggestions??